Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Mark/Angel of Music and I first started discussing Planet of the Apes possible figures made by other Sideshow Figures, I mentioned the mutants from Battle of the Planet of The Apes Human characters. I used a Frankenstein "Fritz" figure for his scarred face and correct clothes such as the drab jacket, shirt, pants, and shoes! The 007 James Bond Alec Trevelyan scarred figure with Black outfit also makes a good Mutant figure!

It's funny to go back and watch episodes of the TV show for reference pictures, and get different ones from different scenes, because unless you're studying details you sometimes won't notice how different the prosthetics/make up/wig is on the same characters in different scenes in the same episode. Jillia from Good Seeds must have filmed on three different days, because in one scene (Pete, Alan and Galen arrive at farm), her hair is longer and wind blown. In the scene where Jillia flirts with Galen, it's a much shorter, more well combed, classic female chimp hair style. Then in the scene where the cow has the calves, her make up is incredibly dark...almost gorilla color. Pretty much have to pick one to sculpt and just go with it.

I am working on Julius at the moment. His complete figure...clothes, boots, purple outfit, headsculpt, paint application, cigar...will be going to Ebay soon. It will be my first ever completed figure that I will have for sale. Currently his first layer of paint is drying. I'll see how it goes from there.

Har har Kfog! Here's my Julius...still lots to do...I used a Sideshow General Ursus body...removed the cuffs of his gloves with an exacto knife and also removed/shaved off the seams of the "gloves" to make it look like hands. Sculpted air dry medium for hair...sprayed it black with Krylon matte black.

313321_10151552707175649_285652087_n_zpsac946d6a.jpg

575031_10151552708685649_552797072_n_zpsfa7473b1.jpg

184026_10151552708245649_1169097886_n_zpsb380741f.jpg

166766_10151552707805649_1486728677_n_zps0a9f29db.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing that Zaius in an earlier page of the thread. So cool. Looks like a licensed HT figure.

That Julius is perfect.

Forgive me if this has been posted before...

I just came across it. They are Roddy McDowall's personal, behind the scenes, movies from "Planet of the Apes".

Even if it has been posted before, it is well worth a second look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=lCm74dnwujk&NR=1

I never get tired of watching that video! :clap :clap :clap

I wish that it had ALL of Roddy's footage. That stuff from this link is from the latter part of filming. I know Roddy shot a bunch of stuff in Ape City that I would have liked to see included.

I wonder how much footage in total did Roddy shoot during the filming of that first film. And did he document any of the other films as well. :dunno :dunno :dunno

I want to hair up my TV Zaius after I make some improvements to the sculpt.

I came across a couple of my POTA custom WIP projects I had put aside for a bit the other day. I had forgotten some of what I was planning.

Holy mother of God! That was a bust! LOL! I threw in the Julius outfit in the pot of simmering Rit Dye Remover...and it turned into an orangutan orange! Right before my eyes...the moment I threw it in there! I shall have to post a photo of it later...so right now I am re-doing an entirely new outfit. I diluted the dye remover A LOT and then I simmered the fabric for less than 5 minutes....and the color to me is pretty darn nice!

IM--I have the solution for your shoe problems for Virdon and Burke!! Follow the instructions here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Cosy-slippers-from-your-old-woolly-jumper/

Last edited:
What a set of the Hot Toys Planet of the Apes figures (complete/w boxes) that have only been displayed and barely handed going for right now?

Back