Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planet of The Apes 2001! Anyone familiar with this Mark Wahlberg sculpt on the right figure with the dragon body? I know (Taboo) for this site, but I have been here for a while now, so give me a break!:1-1:

Remember that headsculpt of the Planet of the Apes hunt leader? I forget where it was from...anyway I am looking at photos again and I wish the headsculpt had both eyes open. I never purchased it. Did anybody here purchase it?

I sold one on ebay a few months back and I really loved it!

It was sold in a 2pack of "replacement" heads a number of years ago. The same company also did Duvall from apocolypse now, deniro and kilmer from heat and ice cube as well as two others i cant recall right now.

It was sold in a 2pack of "replacement" heads a number of years ago. The same company also did Duvall from apocolypse now, deniro and kilmer from heat and ice cube as well as two others i cant recall right now.

Hi IM! Yes, they also did Clooney and a main Arab guy from the three Kings Movie. I just don't remember the name of the company that did them.

This shot I took today while hiking around my new home town of Sedona , Az reminded me of something...

DSC_0050_zpscdf289dc.jpg

Dodge: Skipper, Over here!

Life... Where there's one, there's another, and another...

Taylor: Lets go find them...

0406131847a_zps675e065c.jpg

I pried apart my horse because he was really splitting anyway. I plan major surgery on him to fluff him up to the right scale.

It was not my valuing. Before responding to your inquiry, I went to ebay and checked the completed listings. The prices I mentioned were taken according to those listings as completed auctions are the truer gauge than just listed auctions. Traditionally, a loose piece will always garner a lower price than MIB. And, as I mentioned prices vary depending on how much a seller wants to gouge the buyer.

I really hate the fact Hot Toys didn't make a few more POTA figures. Anyway, why just Gorillas?

the market has spoken... the HT's apes were a hit... a success...

make them, we will buy them.

Those movies hold a special place for me in that time of my life; you wouldn’t believe the stupid thing I did as a child for almost a year because of it. I walked hunched over like an ape, teachers would call my parents over it, and I would get disciplined for it. Later, it actually caused me to have Scoliosis; no lie. Cornelius and Zira were my Heroes.

Of course later on I was introduced to The Six Million Dollar Man, and Star Wars (the originals).

I wanted to post some pictures of my recent (last week) trip to LA/Disneyland here because I got to visit some GREAT Planet of the Apes sites there.

First we (that my son Alex in the picutres) walked around Century City where Conquest was filmmed:

winter2012disneyland201.jpg

winter2012disneyland201o.jpg

The next day we (that's Me and Alex) went to Zuma Beach where the Statue of Liberty scene was shot. brought my iPod with a digital copy of the film for reference:

And over those rocks is where they shot the beach scenes at the base of Cornelius's cave.

Last edited:
Finally we visited Roddy McDowall's Rose Garden and the Casear Statue. It is in SERIOUS need of some TLC. Perhaps the guys at Apemania could help restore it to it's former glory:

Note that there is a lot of greying around the shoulders.

And there is some serious paint clipping around the toes.

And cracking around the base.

It's amazing to see it fall to such ill repair... and it's only been nine years since my last visit. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Back