Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices vary and, ultimately, will go as high as someone is willing to spend. I've seen people asking crazy high prices in what coild only be an attempt to gouge potential buyers.
Are you looking just to sell or are you hoping to make a major profit?
Your's are not MIB and should be priced accordingly imo. That said you've got a set of figures that originally sold for as low as $112 ghat I saw. I would start at $750 and see how it goes. As great as those figures are, they're still, unfortunately, a niche market. If they weren't we may have seen the series expand.
Judging by recent ebay activity in completed listings the ones selling have ranged from $199.99 to $368. Of course these were individual figures and not a set but they were MIB so it kind of evens out. The ones with the overestimated opening bids did not sell and relisted.

As promised, here are photos of my dye-removal adventures.

Here is a closeup of the plum fabric after too much dye was removed. It's on top of a Sideshow Dr. Zaius, so you can see the color differences. I took the photo in the shade.
0309131123a_zps1d76005c.jpg

This photo was taken in the sun:
0309131119_zps0e0c2b58.jpg

From left to right, original plum fabric, after some dye was removed...and the outfit that had way too much dye removed.
0309131122_zps9bb64126.jpg

Photo taken in sunlight:
0309131120a_zps4d752c21.jpg

Looking awesome, Jess.

Does anybody have an extra sideshow Cornelius laying around that they'd be willing to sell me for around $40?

More photos, cause it's fun to take photos and this guy's joints are so tight he is an absolute treasure to pose. Still haven't started painting him up except for the base coat that you see. He still looks lovely.

0313131058-1_zps88e1d68c.jpg

0313131102a_zpsf94e5af8.jpg

0313131102_zpsae0498d5.jpg

Last edited:
Missing about four Sideshow Exclusives from their POTA line and I would have an entire set.

Astronaut Taylor (Desert version)
Guerrilla Soldier (Capture Pole)
Mutant Prison Guard
Taylor Mutant Prisoner

LOVE it, Jess. Looks like a licensed figure.

I'm done with all of Polars family head sculpts except for Anto. I work on him a little each day and its one of those "so close but so far away" things. Never had so much trouble with a sculpt. He has an oddly small muzzle that blends into his cheeks. I'm going to resculpt him AGAIN (attempt #8). I'm so close...there's just something throwing it off. I'll find it dammit!

Missing about four Sideshow Exclusives from their POTA line and I would have an entire set.

Astronaut Taylor (Desert version)
Guerrilla Soldier (Capture Pole)
Mutant Prison Guard
Taylor Mutant Prisoner

And oddly enough those are the four most expensive figures to get.

By the way, that Prisoner Taylor figure is my favorite Taylor figure. Just saying.

Prices vary and, ultimately, will go as high as someone is willing to spend. I've seen people asking crazy high prices in what coild only be an attempt to gouge potential buyers.
Are you looking just to sell or are you hoping to make a major profit?
Your's are not MIB and should be priced accordingly imo. That said you've got a set of figures that originally sold for as low as $112 ghat I saw. I would start at $750 and see how it goes. As great as those figures are, they're still, unfortunately, a niche market. If they weren't we may have seen the series expand.
Judging by recent ebay activity in completed listings the ones selling have ranged from $199.99 to $368. Of course these were individual figures and not a set but they were MIB so it kind of evens out. The ones with the overestimated opening bids did not sell and relisted.

It's funny you would value opened figures so low. I just watched this auction for just one "opened", but complete Gorilla Captain end for a combined price (with shipping) for $339.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121077748042?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The HT figures are valued a couple hundred dollars higher, MIB or not, than SS figures. I haven't seen one under $325 in ages. I hit the jackpot when I got a out of box HT Ursus and SS gorilla soldier as a package deal for $315 in September.

It's funny you would value opened figures so low. I just watched this auction for just one "opened", but complete Gorilla Captain end for a combined price (with shipping) for $339.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121077748042?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It was not my valuing. Before responding to your inquiry, I went to ebay and checked the completed listings. The prices I mentioned were taken according to those listings as completed auctions are the truer gauge than just listed auctions. Traditionally, a loose piece will always garner a lower price than MIB. And, as I mentioned prices vary depending on how much a seller wants to gouge the buyer.

Are there any more articulated bodies that are the same size as the Hasbro Anakin Skywalker child?

They aren't bad. I have about 15 of them. You can get them for pennies on amazon.

I just wish they were a little more poseable.

Last edited:
They aren't bad. I have about 15 of them. You can get them for pennies on amazon.

I just wish they were a little more poseable.

Hello Michael! I can help you with that question and already sent you an email.

I saw someone in the customs section make a Carl Grimes out of a RAH Max figure, from Where the Wild Things Are. Not sure what its like articulation-wise, though.

Remember that headsculpt of the Planet of the Apes hunt leader? I forget where it was from...anyway I am looking at photos again and I wish the headsculpt had both eyes open. I never purchased it. Did anybody here purchase it?

Back