Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow theres a whole bunch going on in here. Still nothing mentioned in this week's newsletter about the upcoming POTA news. :monkey2 I'm so curious about what they could be up to.

Wow theres a whole bunch going on in here. Still nothing mentioned in this week's newsletter about the upcoming POTA news. :monkey2 I'm so curious about what they could be up to.

Sticks...

Did I miss something? What are you talking about? What upcoming POTA News?

So much indeed! This could indeed be the birth of the Planet of the Apes!! Stick, I'll have that head out to you early next week, my apologies for the delays. So much 1:1 to get sorted, but I'm making headway. Hey, Snick! How about some of those backpacks!! I have decided to try and continue the Apes storyline with a new story that is in its infancy, tentatively titled Icarus Force. More on that soon I hope.
I apologize for my lack of participation of late but I am trying to keep the Apes alive as well as stimulating some Trek interest and finish some other sci-fi wonders [even a 1:6 Tardis]
I did manage to throw together a new gorilla guard though.
More soon!

So much indeed! This could indeed be the birth of the Planet of the Apes!! Stick, I'll have that head out to you early next week, my apologies for the delays. So much 1:1 to get sorted, but I'm making headway. Hey, Snick! How about some of those backpacks!! I have decided to try and continue the Apes storyline with a new story that is in its infancy, tentatively titled Icarus Force. More on that soon I hope.
I apologize for my lack of participation of late but I am trying to keep the Apes alive as well as stimulating some Trek interest and finish some other sci-fi wonders [even a 1:6 Tardis]
I did manage to throw together a new gorilla guard though.
More soon!

Thank you very much for the update general. I reall appreciate it. I'm very busy myself, this darn pain management program is killing me. Keep it up Ape fans!

Snick, I can't wait to see those backpacks!

Attached are some photos of the LG and Aldo head. I have to grind the LG down to the second set of glyphs. Aldo's face is fine but his hair has some air bubbles. I'm thinking you'll be able to use him.

Don't let the bad picture fool you the Milo head is really good.

You don't have to grind LG down SNICK. I can easily cut off excess resin from him. Did you cast his his arms, or are you going to make me sculpt those?

Did Matt make your backpack? (Is it resin or leather?) It's very authentic looking alright. I thought about making them at one point then opted not to due to time restraints for all my other projects. Those would be a very easy to make if you ask me. What to you think Jungle? Interested?

Last edited:
Wow ... Things really are getting interesting here. New blood always helps out in that area, Thanks for joining the party Snick!

Call me odd, but I'm really more excited about all the new accessories such as the backpack, tables, chairs, busts, etc. than in the head sculpts thus far.

As you all know my interests lie in the first two films so the headsculpts thus far haven't floated my Icarus... er, ship... er , boat.

I can't wait to see if anyone will try to sculpt a Luscius, Ape council, Julius, or more mutants!

All I can say is that there is an enormous amount of talent on this thread for such a small number of regular participants.

My baret, and that of Angel's new chimp, is off to all of you enterprising Apes.

I will both laugh and marvel at yout cartoon Urko. I think it is just great!!!!!

I really have never seen the cartoon form rendered so well. Especially a cartoon based on a non cartoon character.

Of course It dosen't fit in with my current collection. I could see having him if you had cartoon sculpts of Heston, Nova, Cornelius, Zira, Zaius, et al. Wouldnt that be something, Cartoon Characters in 1/6th form of all the principals! I would just have to rename him Ursus.

Can't wait to see Julius and Luscius. Luscius is a key character even though he only appeared in the latter part of the first film.

So far the only company who was smart enough to see this was Medicom, but alas in a much smaller format.

ANG - No worries. I'll throw some Gorilla glyphs in the LG/Aldo box. You might have to fill some air bubbles but it will save you some time.

I'll take photos of everything but it will have to wait until Monday. Alas, the digital camera doesn't work with this pc.

Sadly, the Urko sculpt was based on the Urko from the POTA cartoon. I also had a Zaius sculpt which looks just as horrific. I'll take a picture of that too. Ahhhh, the money wasted.

Snick - by chance do you have a picture of the glyph on the chest of little Marcus. The glyph on his chest is long and rectangular. I want to make one of these to put on the little fella.

Last edited:
Jungle - What's your next project? Have you mailed it down yet?

I'm still thinking of the control panel for the doomsday bomb.

And I am working on ideas for a removable Nova costume for you guys as a tradeable item for some of the wonderful work being produced here.

Unfortunately with the new job my abundant free time of the past has totally evaporated. Just the same it's good to be back to work full time. I've just got to get used to working 6 days a week again.

By the way, how's he coming out Ang? Haven't seen pics of him in awhile.

Jom, I can't wait to see those costumes.

Jungle - Ouch! 6 days a week, every week? That would wear me out. I work lots of overtime hours each month, but I get pick choose when that’s going to happen… it’s not mandatory. Sounds like your 6 days a week is a requirement of your new job. :(

Meanwhile... we wait for more Jungle clothes.

Back