Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since I've made my first Morton Haack production drawing purchase, I've always kept an eye out for possibly getting another one day. Here's are a few examples of what I've come across since then...all were too expensive to add to my collection at the time:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:

Another Chimp:

mortonhaackmalechimpdrawa1.jpg

I REALLY wanted this monkey and came VERY close to getting him. It still hurts a little bit when I look at it:

mortonhaackzaiusmg1.jpg

Here's a rare Mutant production drawing Morton did:

mortonhaackmutantym8.jpg

Finally... I left the best for last. One of the FINAL production drawings of Dr. Zaius. I wanted this one in the WORST way. I even talked to my brother into giving me a loan to buy it. However, it went for nearly $10,000 in a Profiles in History auction in '04. Too rich for my blood. Luckily, it was on display at SDCC during the auction and I got to visit it. Truly a stunning piece in person.... so close and yet so far. Oddly enough, the owner of this drawing, the one who sold it to the Profiles in History auction house was the guy I bought the original Zauis cartoon sketch from. Small world.

mortonhaackdrzaiushaacklc4.jpg

mortonhaackszaiusandmewg3.jpg

Proto...

I've seen over 50% of those production drawings, but it still surprises me when I see Ape photos, drawings and preproduction material that I have never seen before!

You would think a fan like I am of the first two movies I would have seen it all by now.

Thanks so much for your post and previous posts, like when you took the trip ti the Sci-fi museum. I love to see things I've never seen before!

SNICK - I sent off for more resin and RTV molding rubber last night. I'll be needing this for various projects that I have planned.

I've already made a rubber mold of my John Huston - Lawgiver head for you. I'll make the actual resin casting for you today.

Does anyone else want the unpainted resin John Huston - Lawgiver head that I made? This is the head of the month for a total cost of $28. [Shipped anywhere in the USA for free.]

Hi Angel! I will buy one from you!:monkey1

Would anyone like a unpainted solid resin Lawgiver (John Huston) head that I made? This is the "Ape Head of the Month" for a total cost of $28. [Shipped anywhere in the USA for free.]

If this project flops there won't be other ape heads. If it's a success, there will eventually be BIGGER offers made to the ape fans. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Really good deal, I wish I could but right now things are starting to look bleak.:toilet_cl

Very cool pictures there PZ

Speaking of the Yahoo pota site...

Here is a shot from a sequence from Planet that I have never seen or heard about before. This stuff is out there somewhere guys and it is like finding gold if you've never seen it before.

Thanks Kfog, Send me your mailing address via e-mail. I have your ape horn made as well. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Hey, Thanks Angel! I will get that address right out.

Also, Is there anyone on the forum that can paint these sculpts?
Just quote me a price and we can go from there. Thx!:chew

Kfog, I thought you were going to use the guy from Red Planet or Matt S. for painting your sculpts. Are they expensive or just to busy to take care of you? I'll bet Ironman could point you in the direction.

Speaking of the Yahoo pota site...

Here is a shot from a sequence from Planet that I have never seen or heard about before. This stuff is out there somewhere guys and it is like finding gold if you've never seen it before.

Inkworks put out that card about 5 years ago. I think I have an extra set JJ... you interested? (It's a complete set.) One of the many cards shows bloody humans with their throats ripped open and laying beside Governor Breck. They cut many violent scenes and changed the rating to PG or PG-13.

They also talk about the sequence shot from Escape as the Earth Explodes on the same card. There are lots of cool pictures, even the original drawings and concept art for the movies. It like, like... it's like gold all right. In fact, most of those pictures that PZ posted yesterday are also included on about 6 different cards.

I can't remember if I ever shared this with you guys. It's been around for sometime. This is a short comic that fills in the gaps with regards to Milo and what he did to the Icarus to prepare it for flight. Check it out if you've never read it! It's really quite cool. :)

https://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/mccolmrider.htm

Last edited:
Kfog, I thought you were going to use the guy from Red Planet or Matt S. for painting your sculpts. Are they expensive or just to busy to take care of you? I'll bet Ironman could point you in the direction.

Hi Angel! I will have to contact the Red Planet guy or Matt. Both are usually consumed with time! The Red Planet guy is a little pricey for my taste. He went from $15.00 a head to $20.00. That would be a total of $48.00 just for one sculpt. The whole idea is getting the sculpt to look as close to the character on the movie as you can.:rolleyes:

I can't remember if I ever shared this with you guys. It's been around for sometime. This is a short comic that fills in the gaps with regards to Milo and what he did to the Icarus to prepare it for flight. Check it out if you've never read it! It' really quite cool. :)

https://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/mccolmrider.htm

Thanks for sharing the link, Angel.

A fun read... but alas there are some plot holes too immense for a quaint little comic to try and bridge. It's been over thirty years and I still have a hard time swallowing the notion of Milo as Mr. Fix-It. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Sounds great Snick - thank you. I'm really looking forward to getting something new that I won't have to make. I better actually get started on that chair from BATTLE you're wanting. I'll keep you posted on it's construction and get some pictures to you as I'm building it.

Here's another thought/future project. You know that unusual desk in the office of Dr. Zaius? That would be a very cool project also. The shelf that he has against the wall of his office with all the scrolls stacked upon is also very neat.

Last edited:

I could point towards a few excellent painters but they won't be near the $20 mark. The better you want the head the better the painter needs to be but alas the price goes higher. I'm just starting to dabble in trying to paint some of my own stuff. Unfortunately, I'm no where near amatuer level yet. :monkey2

The desk and wall shelf are both damn good ideas! If for some reason you have some cash restraints and don't want to mold/cast your sculpts you can always send them to me and I'll do it. Once we have a mold of it we can push them on ebay or for other guys on the message board.

It's funny that you know exactly what I'm refering to SNICK.

My daugther just came running into my room and called me into the Living Room to see what was on TV. One of guys on the show "STILL STANDING" was a POTA fan and had all these POTA posters, POTA figures and the full size General Ursus costume. It was funny seeing that... What the heck is wrong with me?

Back