Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one Lucius head cast left. It has a bunch of air bubbles in it. I'm sure Matt S. could get this head fixed up if you want to give it a shot. The mold literally broke when I pulled the head out. I wouldn't charge you for it but if you want to make some Zira clothes that would be cool.

I don't make Zira clothes I hope you ment Nova clothes.

If Matt S. can do a fix i'm in. Put a hold on that Luscius head. It will take a bit of time to design the Nova outfit so that it is removable and hopefully it will be soon. You have got a deal depending on if my design meets with my own approval. I'm very hard on myself and wouldn't let anything go out if it were sub-par.

Angel... Snick...

Whatever way it gets done I'd love to have that head...

By the way Why is Kfog talking about seersucker suits?

Did Cornelius wear one in Escape?

Oh yeah, Snick...

Anything from the first two films peak my interest.

Just don't bring up Aldo, Armando, Milo, Virgil, Lisa, Ceasar, or any characters from the final three movies.

The TV series was superior to those films in my opinion!

You Rock Snick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks Angel, You've been a barber, Dentist, Brain Surgeon, and now I'm relying on your abilities as a plastic... Um... Resin... Surgeon.

You'll get the Nova Outfit if I can figure it out, and manage to find the time...

I'm working six days a week now and my schedule changes daily.

It seems, Snick, that I'm either at work or trying to catch 40 winks!

Thanks so much!

Island of Misfit Toys? You're crazier than Jungle and I put together! What Ward are you in? :rotfl

Don't go away SNICK - I'll be posting some pictures in a few minutes.

Here are the most recent pictures of my latest project. This chair will soon belong to SNICK in a trade that we've worked out. Thanks for the Lawgiver Statue SNICK - it'll be perfect for the Taylors trial scene. :)

I'm looking forward to other trades. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

That is fantastic! Thank you so freakin' much. You nailed the chair. It looks like it fell off the set and into 1:6 scale.

It is such a pleasure to work/trade with people that know what they are doing, which, was my inspiration for posting the projects that didn't go so well.

What can we trade next? :lol

I'm really glad you like it so far. I'm still not tickled over it yet. The chair still needs some minor tweaks. I really think it needs a little more height along the arms and back. I'm also going to try to make the base look a little less "cone-like", and I may try to add some very minor texturing to it as well so it becomes even more "rocklike".

More pix from the Island of Misfit Sculpts. Today we have Cartoon Zaius and Cartoon Gorilla. Both sculpts are way big to use for 12 inch figures. For those interested, the Julius sculpt sits next to the Zaius head.

For the record, if the sculptor creates an abomination or a masterpiece the price is the same.

All this great stuff!! I hope you guys are setting up payment plans for those less fortunate of us that haven't got the trade inventory that you guys do.

I agree with the height issue but when you look at the photo with Aldo it looks identical to that.

Here is a photo of misc. ape furniture.

SNICK - I want you to get critical on me. JUNGLE pushes me in that way and it's ALWAYS for the better. If I can improve it in any way, I certainly will. My projects must be near as perfect before I'm pleased. Jungle, you and I discussed that yesterday... he's the same way.

The photo of all the ape furniture is pretty darn cool. Where did you ever get that? The only thing that I really recognize is the signal dish. Someday I'll make that thing also!

I haven't been here in a little while, you ape creators have gone crazy the last few months. In a year or two there will probably be a 1:6 movie with set design and extras. I have a question, in reference to painting heads, after seeing Angel's latest work. Is there somewhere on Sideshow Freaks that has a list of customizers that do work like custom painting of resin/other heads, and or that attach these heads to donor bodies? My attempts at painting and swapping heads on Sideshow and BBI often end in decapitation or tragedy. I think the last time I searched CustomMikey and DarkArtist might have been two candidates? I have a custom Kojak from Rick Solers that had a great paint job, btw. Unrelated to POTA, I was looking for a few different heads like Lee Marvin, various Eastwoods. Most sellers have the white resin heads, but I'm hesitant to buy one, without being able to get to the finished product. Has anyone ever seen a John Travolta headsculpt that would work for Grease? I don't know if anyone sells a resin head, or if there has ever been a commercially released Grease 1:6 figure in his likeness. One of my kids has wanted a JT figure, so I might try to get one for Christmas. I've seen the Welcome Back Kotter head, which is too cartoonish, the Edna Turnblad female head, and the custom Pulp Fiction heads, but haven't yet found a Grease style sculpt.

That's what I was thinking too.

The Ape furniture photo was passed on to me from a guy who found it at a farm/ranch. At the time he was looking to sell it. I always wanted the wall but I would have to find a way to get it home.

You can see most of these props used in The Good Seeds episode.

Now I'll have to watch The Good Seeds episode.

That would go great with your soon to be finished Galen figure. If that turns out like your other Ape figures I'll be hounding you to cast that too.

SNICK - I'm about to log off for a bit so I'll talk with you later.

I'm going to work on that chair some more and on the new Galen sculpt.

See you later ~Angel~ :angelsmil

I haven't been here in a little while, you ape creators have gone crazy the last few months. In a year or two there will probably be a 1:6 movie with set design and extras. I have a question, in reference to painting heads, after seeing Angel's latest work. Is there somewhere on Sideshow Freaks that has a list of customizers that do work like custom painting of resin/other heads, and or that attach these heads to donor bodies? My attempts at painting and swapping heads on Sideshow and BBI often end in decapitation or tragedy. I think the last time I searched CustomMikey and DarkArtist might have been two candidates? I have a custom Kojak from Rick Solers that had a great paint job, btw. Unrelated to POTA, I was looking for a few different heads like Lee Marvin, various Eastwoods. Most sellers have the white resin heads, but I'm hesitant to buy one, without being able to get to the finished product. Has anyone ever seen a John Travolta headsculpt that would work for Grease? I don't know if anyone sells a resin head, or if there has ever been a commercially released Grease 1:6 figure in his likeness. One of my kids has wanted a JT figure, so I might try to get one for Christmas. I've seen the Welcome Back Kotter head, which is too cartoonish, the Edna Turnblad female head, and the custom Pulp Fiction heads, but haven't yet found a Grease style sculpt.

Try here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21579

Geez... I'm away from the computer for a couple of days and there are PAGES of post to read! WAY TO GO APES!!! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I really like those Chimp glyphs, Snick. How do you go about setting a monkey up with a pair of those? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Back