Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've begun fashoning a pattern for Nova's outfit. I am using a Sarah Connor figure from the "Terminator" line for the fitting. It is the same body as the Nova figure. (My Nova figure is sewed into the costume and I don't want to remove it)

I am useing a white plastic garbage bag for the pattern. It is much more flexible than paper for use when fitting. It looked like she was wearing Depends as I was constructing the the pattern for the bottom part of the outfit. Ha Ha Ha!

As always the finished product will be leather.

I'm still not sure how I will make the top portion removable. That will be the real challenge in the process.

Jungle, I don't have a problem with sending you my SS NOVA for a custom fit. I would send it to you (if you prefer) along with your Lucious head sculpt after I fix it.

Last edited:
No one even noticed the Chimp head that resembles Galen from the TV series!

Maybe it only looks that way to me? Maybe no one noticed it?

I'll get a better picture of the Galen Head sculpt and post it again for those of you who missed “Where’s Waldo?” (a.k.a. “Where’s Galen ” just a couple pages back.)

Jungle, I don't have a problem with sending you my SS NOVA for a custom fit. I would send it to you (if you prefer) along with your Lucious head sculpt after I fix it.

No No No No No.

Do not send me your Nova. That is the last resort, if all else fails. As it is, I owe an outfit to Snick for Luscius. I've yet to work out a trade with you (Keep thinking about a Jeff Corey Mask). So I have to make a pattern. Heck, I'm sure I-man will want one along with Sticks, maybe even Proto and The Good Dr. The old leather jacket I've been useing for material will be getting rather sparse!

In the end I must make a pattern. I'll just need time and ingenuity to work out the logistics to make it removable.

No No No No No.

Do not send me your Nova. That is the last resort, if all else fails. As it is, I owe an outfit to Snick for Luscius. I've yet to work out a trade with you (Keep thinking about a Jeff Corey Mask). So I have to make a pattern. Heck, I'm sure I-man will want one along with Sticks, maybe even Proto and The Good Dr. The old leather jacket I've been useing for material will be getting rather sparse!

In the end I must make a pattern. I'll just need time and ingenuity to work out the logistics to make it removable.

Just trying to make these easy for you.

No one even noticed the Chimp head that resembles Galen from the TV series!

Maybe it only looks that way to me? Maybe no one noticed it?

I'll get a better picture of the Galen Head sculpt and post it again for those of you who missed “Where’s Waldo?” (a.k.a. “Where’s Galen ” just a couple pages back.)

Galen sculpt... I must have missed the red and white striped stocking hat!

I actually went back more than a few pages and couldn't find it. Can you tell us the page number? I'd love to check it out!

Looking good Angel...

I hope you'll be careful with those ears. They were not very prominent in the TV series. They were mostly covered by his hair. I guess his hair style reflected hairstyles of the times. When that series was made long hair was the norm for humans in 1974.

Looking good Angel...

I hope you'll be careful with those ears. They were not very prominent in the TV series. They were mostly covered by his hair. I guess his hair style reflected hairstyles of the times. When that series was made long hair was the norm for humans in 1974.

Truthfully, I'm really glad to hear you say that Jungle! I don't think it's worth the trouble to even do Galens' ears.

Enough ape talk - time to watch a little TV. Maybe POTA is on! :rotfl

Be glad too. How many do you need? Also, do you need me to paint them and grind them down?

Hi Snick. What would be the most prominent of Apes Heiroglyphs as far as popularity. I really like the one on Julius chest and the others for the Oragutans council, gorillas and Chimps. I would prefer painted!:rolleyes:

Proto - Would you need me to sand down and paint the chimp glyphs? You can just email me the answer or post it. Also, would you need gorilla glyphs?

That Zaius glyph is terrible. I never had those resculpted. For the Zaius coat I took the Hasbro glyphs and worked them into the jacket. I'll try to post a picture of the Zaius coat in the next couple days.

I'm interested in seeing detailed pictures on how you incorporated the Hasbro glyphs to the Sideshow Zaius jacket. It's funny (along with using the Hasbro Ursus helmet) I can't believe we are using Hasblow parts to make our Sideshow POTA figures better. :rolleyes:

Sanding down and painting them would be great... if it is no trouble. And yes, I'm only intrested in the Chimp glyphs... for now. Please PM me the payment instructions for the glyphs.

Have I mentioned lately that this is a GREAT thread? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

KFOG - The chimp glyphs for the hands and chest seem to be the most prominent. I'll sand down and paint you a set. Give me a couple weeks to get this done. I'm not sure on a price but whatever it is I won't slam you.

Hi Snick! Much appreciated. I was wanting to make some film accurate ape clubs. Any pics with dimentions would be appreciated.:monkey1

Also, Snick. Are you familiar with the Museum, Urko headquartes, hunt leader and other 1/10th scale items that Matt Sotis owned and sold. I used to own many of those items.:D

Believe it or not Hasblow can improve the Slimeshow figures.

:lol:mwaha:lol

Uh Oh, now we're getting Hasblow and Slimeshow!!! :lol:lol:lol:monkey4

I look forward to seeing those glyphs.

Hey Angel, what do you use to make those chairs? Sculpy?

I'd like to start making some things, seeing that I can't make caskets (pokes Jom in the ribs,) or any other wood items. Angel, we need to get those props into some films and send them to SideShow and our fellow Ape brothers

Back