Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double shift, lack of sleep, and just general stupidity...

I'll start drinking in about an hour! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Angel this board has brightened dramatically since you, Jom, and Snicker have joined. The Ape army is strong. When I get the chance "old man" I'm going to make you proud to see your craftsmanship up there on your television screen.

Thank you Angel and everyone else for you contributions! It keeps me coming back! Go Ape!!!

Sticks - "There’s life size bronze statute of you standing out there somewhere… Wherever it is, you better get back to work and start earning all that back pay!" :)

Double shift, lack of sleep, and just general stupidity...

I'll start drinking in about an hour! Ha Ha Ha!!!

I think I'm going to start now. Maybe some Makers Mark and Soy Egg Nog.
My last day of therapy is next Wednesday. Then I have to wait till January to see what's next for me in this great system of ours:flag. I guess four years flew by like that. In the meantime I'll make rent :monkey3, and take more pictures. :monkey5

With my better half gone, maybe I can make a bigger mess of things and film some Apes this weekend.:chew There goes the living room:monkey1

Angel, Thanks a bunch my friend, but you must be thinking of Slyvester Stallone and his Rocky statue. :lol

I'm glad you're in a better mood :maul That's what we're here for.

Hi Angel! My payment is sent for the LG sculpt and Apes horn. Gotta have another Orangutan in my collection!

Hi Matt! Welcome to this cool thread. Everyone here shares the same passion for the Planet of the Apes as us. A bunch of real cool guys?:confused: On second thought, are there any women on this thread?

:cool::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd love to share my stuff with all you guys STICKS, but I can't afford to just give all these things away. There are costs involved.

I’m pretty discouraged right now by the lack of support I’ve received. Everyone has been saying they want more apes and yet no one wants the Lawgiver head sculpt I provided.

Why do I even try? I haven't had one person actually buy my first Lawgiver sculpt yet. That's really sad. I'm throwing in the towel boys.

Uh, what am I chopped liver! Keep up the great work Mark! Your work and dedication is inspiring and I feel privilaged to know you as an avid Apes lover. You and Matt and the others have kept me in this hobby and I really appreciate the fun of it all. Please count me in on future sculpt!:monkey3

Wow, don't say that Angel. I wish you could understand my predicament. I'm currently in the process of a separation from my long time love and I'm nearing the completion of my Pain management program. I've been financially ruined, I've been blacklisted from potential future employers, and I face being placed on a pension. If you only knew, if there was anything I could do to support you I would. Maybe a $10 donation? Please just let me know. I've been on this damn L&I for over four years meanwhile I placed myself through two years of film schooling, and they still may decline any future vocational opportunity. I'm also facing homelessness because I will now have to carry full cost of rent. I didn't want to discuss any of this but you guys are my cyber friends and ape talk is always cool. Angel this board has brightened dramatically since you, Jom, and Snicker have joined. The Ape army is strong. When I get the chance "old man" I'm going to make you proud to see your craftsmanship up there on your television screen.

I'm staying positive, and I hope to complete another film soon, so when I get my budget together I'll be giving you a chime, as you know I'm good for my word on cost. Thank you Angel and everyone else for you contributions! It keeps me coming back! Go Ape!!!

Hi Sticks! Please stay focused on your priorities. Your health for one! I will pray for you my Cyber hobby friend! You are one of us!:monkey3

Re: Useful Reference?

I thought these images, taken at a recent show, might be of some use to you guys. All the props are the real deal.

Smugster! Those props are way too cool! Much appreciated for the pics!:monkey5

SNICK - Here is the BATTLE chair again, and I made it just a little bit taller. I like it much better now - it's a very subtle change but a big improvement. Later, I'll start sanding it down and I may try to add some rock texturing. We'll see how that goes.

Mark! That battle chair is the coolest! I would love to eventually have one of those! Oh, by the way! I did notice Galens head and it looks dead on!:monkey5

Last edited:
Jungle - I'd like to make a couple recommendations to you. Here are the pictures of that Lucious head. Fixing the air bubbles is NOT a problem, so please don't worry about the Swiss cheese holes that you see all over his head.

What I'd like to recommend is that you allow me to "scale down" his head just a little bit. To me, it seems just a little bit too large. His head is currently larger than that of Cornelius, and in my opinion, it should be the same size or smaller.

I'd like to do this for you, if you'll allow me to do it. If it were mine, I’d defiantly do it. What do you think? Let me know ASAP JJ. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Mark! That battle chair is the coolest! I would love to eventually have one of those! Oh, by the way! I did notice Galens head and it looks dead on!:monkey5

Thanks for both comments KFog. Sometime next week I can actually offer the BATTLE chair to any one who wants one. I'm making a mold of it before I send it off to SNICK.

As far as the Galen head goes, I’ve already started on a redo of him. As Snick and Shompdog said, one view was dead on and the other was a little off. I have to agree with them both.

I took around 30 snapshots of Galen using my computer and I’m now using them as reference material as I attempt to match his hairstyle (and head shape) using this new reference material. I think everyone will find him much more accurate when I'm through. I'm thinking he'll look much improved this time around. :)

I have to agree with you Angel. I guess you are back to being a barber...

Alittle off the top.

One thing that I think is important and if you could fix it for me I would appreciate it is:

Do you see in the profile picture of Cornelius how the bottom of the head is very much curved in the neck area?

If you could give Lucius the came curvature I think it will fit the sideshow body much better, and sit on the body much better.

I have to agree with you Angel. I guess you are back to being a barber...

Alittle off the top.

One thing that I think is important and if you could fix it for me I would appreciate it is:

Do you see in the profile picture of Cornelius how the bottom of the head is very much curved in the neck area?

If you could give Lucius the came curvature I think it will fit the sideshow body much better, and sit on the body much better.

Thanks for trusting in your "cyber-barber" JJ!

I like your idea. :idea

I'll definitely put that curve on the bottom of his head, as you suggested, for a better fit.

Angel, Amok Time may as well be on the otherside of the moon. Without a car, it would take the best part of a day to get there and back.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll just order from them and have it delivered!

I need one pair of the SIDESHOW Gorilla boots (not Hasbro). Does anyone have an extra pair that they'd be willing to TRADE or SELL?

I'd offer to make you a custom ape horn. Please let me know if interested.

***NOTE: Photo taken by stickman. :)

Last edited:
Back