Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Angel. I glued the crepe hair on to a GI Jane made by hasbro. This was my Nova figure before Sideshow started manufacturing the Ape line.

The costume was my first attempt at the Nova outfit. The costume I made for the Sideshow is a much improved effort, and more film accurate.

That's a great piece! I really like the way that came out. :)

That's an Aldo sculpt I commissioned years ago. Are you looking for one?

SNICK- Perhaps I'd be interested in this Aldo sculpt. Is this Aldo sculpt different than the one you sent me recently? It appears to be different, but I'm thrown off my the paint job. I can't be sure if it really is different.

Last edited:
Wow, Angel that looks amazing!

My Dear Ape Brethrens,

The Feast is upon us!
The Ape gods have granted us a time to rejoice!
My town center now lights a signal fire to the Heavens and only asks for wisdom, kindness, and proficiency. May good health shower upon our fellow tribes.

Oh, knock upon my door,

I'm leaving for Thanksgiving, So, to all you ape Freaks.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
:mexwave

Hi All! I am back and am almost totally moved into my new place but, I have not yet had my computer set up there. I have had to wait till today to catch up with the goings on here. Cox cable told me that they will not have my Cable modem, cable tv, and telephone hooked up till Monday(Blahh).

Angel, the chair mold and chair looks great and I look forward to getting one!

Snick, I really like the Aldo sculpt and

Jom, the female mute woman was a favorite of mine also.

Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving and don't fight over the turkey legs!:fest:lsvader:duff

Aldo is the same head I sent you. Though, I have a version of that gorilla head with a different beard but didn't send it to you.

Really Snick? To me, Ironmans "V" gorilla looks so very different. Could it be the paint job difference? The way we did the eyes? Interesting.

I'll try and post some pictures of the Aldo you sent me really soon... perhaps tomorrow.

Who has watched the Planet of Apes-35th Anniversary DVD? I know there is some EXTRA footage on by Roddy McDowall. After reading the back of this DVD, I think he used his own camera... if I remember correctly.

I looking for opinions of people who have this. I do not have it. Would it be worth buying?

Last edited:
The on-set footage shot by Roddy makes this a must buy. I have this two-disc set but in the Caesar Ape head mega set, which also includes the rest of the films, and BOTH TV shows. And that Tim Burton... thing. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

And if you don't have it, I'd also recommend the two-disc set of Behind the Planet of the Apes. It was originally included in the Evolution box set as the extra disc but Image Entertainment released a stand alone two disc version. It has an incredible extended un-cut interview with Roddy McDowall (which was taken for the documentary) and behind the scenes footage that I've NEVER seen anywhere else. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

By the way, Angel... the boots are now on route to you. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Thanks PZ - I'm currently ordering the 2-disc set of Behind the POTA, and the 35th Anniversary Edition so I can see that Roddy McDowell footage since it is a must have.

I'm sorry PZ, Snickertown, Kfog and Ironman - I failed to mail out your packages today as I had promised all of you. (Unforeseen family event came up that I had to take care of.) Your packages are all boxed and just have to be brought to the post office. I’ll mail them tomorrow (Saturday morning).

Jungle – Didn’t forget you either. I’m not quite done with Lucius. I need to clean him up a little more and cast him in silicone rubber. He’ll be done soon.

You take your time Angel. There's no hurry, I'm not going anywhere.

Your package is in the mail, as we speak. I hope you enjoy it!

No problem, Angel. We all know how the 1:1 can need to be taken care of first.
BTW, is that Lucius head going to be available too?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your understanding with family matters.

I know you all will glad to know that I mailed off your packages this morning. I mailed one off for Protozaius, Ironman, Kfog, Snickertown and Wax Murderer.

In time, Lucius will made available. But then again, in time I'm going to try and make all of my stuff available to you guys. You better start working overtime so you can keep up with me!

I'm hoping to post an onslaught off new items this weekend, stay tuned.

Last edited:
Please take care of the family first. I hope everything is alright.

The timing is going to be perfect anyway. The chair will arrive as I finish up a Battle POTA Caesar.

Does anyone have screen grabs of Caesar's canteen and strap yet from Battle? If so can you post one? If not don't worry about it.

I'm doing it right now for you SNICK. Stay tuned. Caesar is wearing a regular green army canteen and a green strap. I'm going to cast one of my green plastic canteens (and the Lucius head) I as soon as I order some more silicone rubber. I like the ones I have but the plastic does not accept the paint well and I just hate the green plastic look. I painted some white stretchy elastic an army green color for my canteen straps on Virgil, Caesar and McDonald.

Last edited:
Here you are SNICK. As you can seem there’s nothing really special about these green army canteens or the straps. Virgil, Caesar and McDonald all have the same canteen.

Good luck seeing the canteens in the last 3 pictures. Those are just some really cool shots!

Last edited:
Thank you ,sir. I'll keep an eye open for it. Hope you get your family problems resolved as amicably as possible...PS

Yeah - I think the straps are the same SNICK, just pick a color you like.

I love those last 3 pics too!

By the way, I loaded McDonalds HASBRO backpack with yellow smoke grenades and magazines filled with ammunition. But you are correct, he's wearing one of the gorilla backpacks from "Beneath". By the way, if you look closely. Mr. McDonald also has a small 38 revolver in the waist band of his pants. I wonder if he was able to shoot, cook and eat a rabbit?

Last edited:
Back