Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need one pair of the SIDESHOW Gorilla boots (not Hasbro). Does anyone have an extra pair that they'd be willing to TRADE or SELL?

I'd offer to make you a custom ape horn. Please let me know if interested.

***NOTE: Photo taken by stickman. :)

I think I have an extra pair of Ursus' boots. Give me a day to locate them. Would you give a deep discount on a certain Lawgiver head for them? :rolleyes:

Jungle, I worked on your ape for quite a while today. I actually made more progress than what these pictures actually show. I also completed filling in all the Swiss Cheese holes.

These pictures show the BEFORE and AFTER pictures so you can see the changes.

I’ll post more pictures as he advances along for you to see.

I took quite a bit off from the backside of his head. Can you tell? To me, it really looks more like a Sideshow head now. Just because it's scaled more accurately.

By the way, that curve under his head should probably be made less curvy now. It would look better, and it won’t hinder his motion or the way it fits on the neck post. What do you think? Can I lose some of that curve? Should I do it?

I think that you should "take in" the clothes of Cornelius (just a little) once you put the Lucius head on. By "taking in" the baggy clothes of Cornelius, it might give the illusion of a smaller body.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:

I think that you should "take in" the clothes of Cornelius (just a little) once you put the Lucius head on. By "taking in" the baggy clothes of Cornelius, it might give the illusion of a smaller body. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

ANG & JUNG - A couple years back there was a figure line called "Puppet Master." There was human figure from that line that is a little smaller than the Sideshow 12" figures. That is the figure I used for my Lucius. You would still need to adjust the chimp costume a little and you would have to fix his hands but in the end you will have a pretty nice looking figure.

Will the Lucius head be available to all of us? I have a Yamato body that I think it will work great on!
So much great stuff here, but so hard to remember who is making what and which pieces will actually be available to everybody. Do you guys think it a good idea to have one post that we could all refer back to? Or should we maybe start one over in the commerce section? Having it over there might actually bring more people on board [or at least get a few extra sold]
Just some ideas.

OMG! Snick - this Aldo head you had made is just incredible! I started painting him up last night, and he's NOT even done yet, but he still kicks some serious butt!

Tonight, I'll be putting that reflective glisten on his eyes and adding some more brown highlights to his hair!

This is one great piece! Everyone should have one of these!

Jungle, I worked on your ape for quite a while today. I actually made more progress than what these pictures actually show. I also completed filling in all the Swiss Cheese holes.

These pictures show the BEFORE and AFTER pictures so you can see the changes.

I’ll post more pictures as he advances along for you to see.

I took quite a bit off from the backside of his head. Can you tell? To me, it really looks more like a Sideshow head now. Just because it's scaled more accurately.

By the way, that curve under his head should probably be made less curvy now. It would look better, and it won’t hinder his motion or the way it fits on the neck post. What do you think? Can I lose some of that curve? Should I do it?

I think that you should "take in" the clothes of Cornelius (just a little) once you put the Lucius head on. By "taking in" the baggy clothes of Cornelius, it might give the illusion of a smaller body.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

I think the head looks just great Angel...

You are right about the clothes though, the costume will need to be taken in so that they are more in scale.

It's a good thing I am the founding member of the sewing circle. I will be able to accomplish the fitting with little or no problems!

Will the Lucius head be available to all of us? I have a Yamato body that I think it will work great on!
So much great stuff here, but so hard to remember who is making what and which pieces will actually be available to everybody. Do you guys think it a good idea to have one post that we could all refer back to? Or should we maybe start one over in the commerce section? Having it over there might actually bring more people on board [or at least get a few extra sold]
Just some ideas.

I-man... I think a new section would be helpful. What would be real nice is just to have a record of just photos of the work displayed throughout this thread, even if the things made are not for sale.

We need a thread that displays a photographic record of all the great projects that deal with the world of "The Planet of the Apes"! This would be a no comments thread and consist of just photos and a discription of what the item is , how it was made, and what it is made of.

A seperate section in the commerce section would be nice for items that are for sale or trade.

So I'm in favor for two new threads!!

Last edited:
If you start selling put me down for one Alpha Omega bomb.

Okay SNICK, You'll be the first mutant on the waiting list for the The Alpha Omega Doomsday Bomb. :)

Maybe I should just start with the Doomsday Bomb rather than the ape wagon. It would be so much easier to cast The Bomb as opposed to the very complex Ape Wagon. Realistically, You could almost certainly have the golden missile under your tree for Christmas! :santa

Should I do this item first? E-mail me about the details and we'll discuss. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Snick - Those are pretty blurry pictures. Why make make from scratch? Why not just use teh Sideshow ones?

Jungle - I was telling Snick about the mute woman you made (NOT NOVA) with your custom clothing and the black wild looking hair you put on her.

The Slimeshow versions are inaccurate. The bandolier is a brown fabric that has a leather trim. The button, hook and wallet Slimeshow made are great.

I don't know. I think they work out ok.
MycustomPOTAV.jpg

Here are some bandolier pix for that Urko figure I've been putting together. They are a little blurry.

JOM - Do you remember the page you posted your Mute Woman figure on? ANG said it is really worth checking out.

Snick...

I think the picture you're talking about is on post #2306 page 231

Yes JUNGLE! That's the figure I was talking about. I really like this one you did. This would be a really cool "extra" to put in a ape wagon or something.

Didn't you tell me you created that wild hair as well? :)

Last edited:
Yes JUNGLE! That's the figure I was talking about. I really like this one you did. This would be a really cool "extra" to put in a ape wagon or something.

JOM - Very cool! She would look great in the wagon. All you need is some straw.

ANG - The guy that owns the "V" costume loves the gorilla figure.

Thanks!! I wasn't pleased with the SS color choice for the bandoliers either. I'm in the process of transforming each gorilla's to the darker color. And some I switch to the belt, some get to stay bandoliers, depending on what "look" I'm shooting for.

Yeah Angel. I glued the crepe hair on to a GI Jane made by hasbro. This was my Nova figure before Sideshow started manufacturing the Ape line.

The costume was my first attempt at the Nova outfit. The costume I made for the Sideshow is a much improved effort, and more film accurate.

Back