Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face of the female gorillas (or ate they chimps?) are never shown in that funeral sequence Jess. (Not even a glimpse of them.) One of them turns sideways for a profile shot, but the view is obscured by the rock wall and you cannot see the face what-so-ever.) I looked frame by frame. I really think they are all female chimps wearing the purple scarves over their heads. You can actually see 3 of the females during the funeral scene. One sits on the left hand side of the funeral, one sits dead center and one sits to the far right.

I only have 2 different screen captures here.

Aw darn. One could only hope. But thank you for looking anyway. I could have sworn it was a female gorilla (the one to the far right). The shadows obscure her face...I'm sure I'm seeing what I want to see. Your Elta is the only gorilla female in town then, and I'm glad she's beautiful.

Jess.

Ironman, here are snapshots of Nova's costume laid out for your reference. There are three snaps in place. I hope it makes it to you in one piece. It looks pretty fragile but I'm sure it will hold up in the mail. I will post it tomorrow in a stiff envelope. Just a word of caution--should you need to remove the costume from the body once the snaps are in place, you should remember to pry apart the snaps from each other with your fingernail and not use the cloth they are sewn on to pull them apart.

Jess.

Here are the tables after painting and after having the holes punched out of the leather. The straps are held in place by pins.

How much is Gorilla #5 including shipping again? I didn't want to go paging through all of those past posts. :rolleyes:

Check out these Dr Zaius glyphs and if you have any suggestions either post a reply or shoot me an email. I'm having replacement glyphs for Dr Zaius sculpted they are still in a rough state but any input will help.

Here are the tables after painting and after having the holes punched out of the leather. The straps are held in place by pins.

Jess: Are there really "slots" cut into the O.R. table top, or was that part left to your imagination? Just curious, I really like the way this came out! I must have these tables as well in 1/6. I may be coming to you at some point for advise.

Last edited:
Check out these Dr Zaius glyphs and if you have any suggestions either post a reply or shoot me an email. I'm having replacement glyphs for Dr Zaius sculpted they are still in a rough state but any input will help.

You did really good! What material was used for these glyphs? Will it bend easily? How strong, and how thick is that material? If it looks to thick, it won't look right, be careful of that.

Jess, silly me. I commented on the tables but not on how great the Nova outfit looks!! OOPS!
I can't wait to put it all together!

Ooooo - I like the O.R. tables very much! The leather straps also came out VERY well. My only nit-pick is I would prefer to see more layers of rock color to add depth. Remember me telling that to Snickertown when he painted his rock chair? THINK ROCK!

I kept thinking of that quote--think rock! think rock! because I remembered that post, but I couldn't work on the tables last night because I forgot to print out your screenshots of the tables and I didn't trust my memory.

I did however work on a tent. It's in very rough stages but at least it's 3-D now instead of an idea in my head. Having printouts of the screenshots gave me the courage to work on it. I've got the main poles lashed together and I've sewn the burlap cloth within the pole structure. I will probably re-sew the burlap again when I attach the poles that go horizontally on the top part of the tent.

Angel, the slots (?) on the tables are there I think...you mean on the edges of the table, surrounding the leather strapping? Or where the leather strapping comes out of the tables? I didn't really know how to make the leather come out of the tables, so I just made slots and popped them in there. Maybe the slots you see on the tables is just the way I molded out the crayola model magic--one of the tables look smoother than the other because I rolled out a big chunk like fondant, but one of the tables I was a bit more reckless because it was hell rolling out the crayola. I think that was due to the fact that it was left-over crayola from another project and it was a bit dried out.

Jess.

Last edited:

Snick, those look beautiful. The top-most part of the glyph I think is the hardest to replicate, based on my own experience. You should re-work the first glyph a bit more as that is the one my eye goes to first. It's looking beautiful so far though. Looking at the glyphs again, the second glyph from the bottom is actually a mirror image of the 2nd glyph from the top. If you can try to replicate the 2nd glyph starting from the top exactly as a mirror image of the 2nd one from the bottom, it would look great. (does that make sense?--the 2nd glyph from the bottom looks spot-on, but the 2nd glyph from the top needs a little tweaking)...

I'm going to eventually replace mine, too...but you know me--I'd rather try to do it myself because the fun part is the crafting. Also, do you have a reference to work off of regarding the glyph on the back of the outfit?

Jess.

Last edited:
Jess: Are there really "slots" cut into the O.R. table top, or was that part left to your imagination? Just curious, I really like the way this came out! I must have these tables as well in 1/6. I may be coming to you at some point for advise.

Ironman, it was really fun to make those tables. I only wish I had Angel's screenshots to work off of instead of my notes when I started them. I'm going to add more depth to the tables in the next few days. Angel, I can't wait till you get started on yours. One of the tables has two supports, and one of them only has one in the middle--In retrospect, I think they both should have two supports but I'm too lazy at this point to change it. I need to make it look more like rock...rock...rock...

Jess.

Last edited:
I haven't seen these films in such a long time, I'm really jonesing to see these films again, except Battle:monkey4

Anyway, I could have sworn that we see a female chimp or gorilla in the Museum scene, when we learn of the other astronauts demise.

Aw Sticks...I had something I was going to give you but it's from "Battle" so never mind.

Jess.

Snick, those look beautiful. The top-most part of the glyph I think is the hardest to replicate, based on my own experience. You should re-work the first glyph a bit more as that is the one my eye goes to first. It's looking beautiful so far though. Looking at the glyphs again, the second glyph from the bottom is actually a mirror image of the 2nd glyph from the top. If you can try to replicate the 2nd glyph starting from the top exactly as a mirror image of the 2nd one from the bottom, it would look great. (does that make sense?--the 2nd glyph from the bottom looks spot-on, but the 2nd glyph from the top needs a little tweaking)...

I'm going to eventually replace mine, too...but you know me--I'd rather try to do it myself because the fun part is the crafting. Also, do you have a reference to work off of regarding the glyph on the back of the outfit?

Jess.

Jess/ANG - Thx! I think I got it. I'll have another photo and will be pestering you for comments tomorrow.

ANG - The sculpting material is clay-like until it's baked. It will need to be cast in rubber.

Jess/ANG - Thx! I think I got it. I'll have another photo and will be pestering you for comments tomorrow.

ANG - The sculpting material is clay-like until it's baked. It will need to be cast in rubber.

Snick--are you doing the work yourself?

Jess.

OK...who here REALLY REALLY hates Battle and would not have anything to do with it even if it was something Jess made?

The only thing I really "hate" about Battle is that they rushed it and cut the budget so much. Some great characters in there though!!

Nah but thx for asking. This guy is a pro. He worked for Hallmark, Pallisades and The Franklin Mint.

Snick, when he made the basic shape, did he use the SS glyphs as his base--as a pattern? I am curious because someday I'm going to do my own SS Dr. Zaius glyphs.

Jess.

Back