Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Jess - I saw that you sent $$$ and sent you a thank you e-mail after it arrived. Did you not get the e-mail?

If you send me an e-mail through Paypal, I never see it--it must go through a Hasslein curve. But if you e-mail me directly or through this forum, I see the e-mail.

Jess.

For the record, I still dislike Side Show, however, I do like you guys/gal. Check out the Hunt Leader.

PZ - If you need glyphs shoot me your email.

Whoa! I love that bandolier you made SNICK! That looks awesome buddy! The real hair also looks fantastic! Although, I can't figure out why you used blue for the leather vest...

If you send me an e-mail through Paypal, I never see it--it must go through a Hasslein curve. But if you e-mail me directly or through this forum, I see the e-mail.

Jess.

I don't recall Jess- maybe I hit the reply button and it went to Paypal instead of you... Anyways, I got your $$ and I'll be done making your gorilla head tomorrow. I made a two part mold for these gorilla heads and they take a little longer. The 2nd piece of the mold is curing right now. Late tonight I'll try pouring a head if I don't fall asleep early. I'll post some pix tomorrow night of the resin #5 and #6 gorilla heads.

Last edited:
Let's call him Galen. I also have a chimp without the beret and that "shaggy" type hair you didn't like. (Was that you who didn't like it PZ? Anyways, that doesn't really matter.) Without the beret he reminds me of the actor who played Cornelius in Beneath the POTA. And lastly, there's the che Chimp who has the beret.

Let's call them #7 and #8!! Can you post a side by side of them?
C'mon! Chimps need attention too!
Snickertown, how many extra of those glyphs have you got? [and its nice to see you here again]

Hi Angel! Is there anything that I need done for this filthy human?:monkey1 I think that I am done posting him! Thanks, Kent.

Did someone say "Hunt Leader" ?

Last edited:
For the record, I still dislike Side Show, however, I do like you guys/gal. Check out the Hunt Leader.

PZ - If you need glyphs shoot me your email.

Hi Chris! That figure is the Hunt leader straight out of the movie dude! I think the flash from the camera made the tunic look blueish. Is that one of Matts Tunics? Freaking awsome! Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

Yeah - what screen captures were you wanting?

I need to see the tent before Taylor overruns it at the market scene. There is a shot where you can kind of see the inside of the tent--I remember seeing trusses on the outside and the inside of the tent...

and I would like to see what types of baskets/fruits/and shelving they had. I know there is also a bunch of clothes hanging on a cool-looking pole. I had a super late lunch and went to the craft shop and got myself some wooden dowels now. I'm so excited about this current project. I want to see it done soon. I have some fabric that looks woven that I could make "baskets" out of and paint them.

Jess.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE PICTURES OF THE MARKETPLACE. I USED THE 1ST AND 2ND MOVIE TO GET THESE PIX. THE NEATEST THING TO ME WAS THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE TOWERS. THE STICKS TIRED TOGETHER WITH THE CANVAS/BURLAP UNDERNEATH.

Last edited:
Let's call him Galen. I also have a chimp without the beret and that "shaggy" type hair you didn't like. (Was that you who didn't like it PZ? Anyways, that doesn't really matter.) Without the beret he reminds me of the actor who played Cornelius in Beneath the POTA. And lastly, there's the che Chimp who has the beret.

I don't think I've ever really spoken out against anything that you've made, Angel. It's just that this particular sculpt of a chimp seemed to stand out.

I don't mind if you call him Galen from here on out. At least there will be no more confusion as to which chimp we are talking about now. :D

So, you are going to produce that head as well? Is there anyone else on this thread interested in Galen?

Angel, do you have any pictures of this head on a Sideshow Cornelius figure. I'd like to see what it would look like. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
HERE'S MORE... I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE AFTER... SO I'LL ASSUME YOU NEED ALL OF THIS.

These are totally awesome--I didn't realize they were in the 2nd picture, too! Thank you very very much, Angel. This is so helpful for my project. I can't wait to begin construction. I have been thinking about the actual process for awhile now. Once I start it's hard to stop...I will use them all--they are fantastic references. On that last screenshot, there's that weird piece of furniture that was at the Operating room. But I think I'm only going to make one tent. We'll see how it looks first before I attempt the 2nd one...

Also, I think they used Cornelius' office from the first movie as Zira's and Cornelius' house in the second movie, because from what I remember, the 3-window bay looks familiar.

Did you see the female gorilla in the church scene?

Jess.

Last edited:
Did you see the female gorilla in the church scene?

Jess.

The face of the female gorillas (or are they chimps?) are never shown in that funeral sequence Jess. (Not even a glimpse of them.) One of them turns sideways for a profile shot, but the view is obscured by the rock wall and you cannot see the face what-so-ever.) I looked frame by frame. I really think they are all female chimps wearing the purple scarves over their heads. You can actually see 3 of the females during the funeral scene. One sits on the left hand side of the funeral, one sits dead center and one sits to the far right.

I only have 2 different screen captures here.

Last edited:
Back