Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...who here REALLY REALLY hates Battle and would not have anything to do with it even if it was something Jess made?

I agree with Ironman on this one. Battle has it's flaws to be sure but I think it has some interesting ideas and characters to add to the saga. I really wished they would have stuck with Paul Dehn's original story. But Fox thought that Conquest pushed the violence too far and wanted a more family friendly film. So they hired William and Joyce Corrington to re-write the film.

If I had to pick the one Ape film I like the least it would be Escape... only the charm of Roddy and Kim make the film watchable. It least for me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I can't wait to see the updated photos! As you all know, anything that involves orangutans... I'm SOOOOO there. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

PZ, then this one's for you...I'm not sure if it will attach, though. It's a scan of an old tracing of mine from highschool. I really should frame it, but I carry it in my daytimer.

Jess.

Last edited:
Where is everyone? I just wanted to show you what I've been working hard on--the market tent (just one for now) and probably the other one someday soon. Can't wait to finish this project and take photos outdoors...I placed a mego next to it so you guys can see the scale. I will probably re-sew the burlap within the tent so that you won't be able to see the stitches like you can now. I used a glue gun to put up the sticks of the tent.

I will not attempt to paint the O.R. tables until this weekend, when I can use natural light.

Jess.

Where is everyone? I just wanted to show you what I've been working hard on--the market tent (just one for now) and probably the other one someday soon. Can't wait to finish this project and take photos outdoors...I placed a mego next to it so you guys can see the scale. I will probably re-sew the burlap within the tent so that you won't be able to see the stitches like you can now. I used a glue gun to put up the sticks of the tent.

I will not attempt to paint the O.R. tables until this weekend, when I can use natural light.

Jess.

Like a good soldier, I lurk in the shadows until the word is given....

Tent looks good Jess, we just gotta get you out of Megos and into full 1:6!! :D

Ironman, I like your new avatar. I can't work on the 1:6 because I don't have the space:monkey2...but whatever I make Mego scale I know I can be better at 1:6 because it's larger and you can put more details, just like the Nova costume I just made. I don't know what I'm going to do with these tents once I am done photographing them.

Jess.

Looks like a real nice start.

To my eye it looks a little too big for mego figures.

You're right! I will chop it down...Thanks for the heads up before I got too far into it. I was working off of Angel's screencaptures, and it didn't have the height of the tents--but I found another photo for reference that shows me the height. Jungle, you have really saved me a lot of heartache. I was thinking about how to fix it last night. You know...if I kept it at this height, it would probably be OK 1:6...but I'd have to look at it again when I get home today.

Do you think that's Taylor trying to sneak back into ape city? I just love those female chimpanzee costumes. I'm going to have to make myself one someday.

Jess.

Last edited:

Jess.

Really nice work there Jessica. I think you did a great job.

Snick, when he made the basic shape, did he use the SS glyphs as his base--as a pattern? I am curious because someday I'm going to do my own SS Dr. Zaius glyphs.

Jess.

Jess - For the glyphs on the back he used the SS glyphs. The front are based on photos.

The tent looks great and that Ursus custom is nothing short of inspiring. Great job!

Iron - Luv the new photo. :)

ANG - Great job drumming up support for Armando.

Last edited:
UPDATE ON THE ARMANDO PROJECT

Here is the latest update/headcount. I currently have TEN (10) people signed on for the Armando project.

1. Kfog
  2. Harry
  3. Ironman
  4. Jessica
  5. Sticks
  6. Snickertown
  7. Angel
  8. Protozaius
  9. Brian F.
  10. Hasslein

OK...who here REALLY REALLY hates Battle and would not have anything to do with it even if it was something Jess made?

Jess: I like BATTLE POTA , that's why I have a 1/6 Human Mutant from BATTLE, Aldo, The Lawgiver, Virgil, Mr. McDonald, Caesar and someday soon...little Cornelius.

Last edited:
I agree with Ironman on this one. Battle has it's flaws to be sure but I think it has some interesting ideas and characters to add to the saga. I really wished they would have stuck with Paul Dehn's original story. But Fox thought that Conquest pushed the violence too far and wanted a more family friendly film. So they hired William and Joyce Corrington to re-write the film.

If I had to pick the one Ape film I like the least it would be Escape... only the charm of Roddy and Kim make the film watchable. It least for me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Of all the Ape BOOKS written, BATTLE is actually my favorite. It was very well written! If you haven't read it, you should read this one.

Jess: The construction of the market place looks very good. I'm glad to hear you're making it less tall. That was my only beef with it. It's was very clever of you to use the foam at the base while the glue sets up and you tie the beams into place. :clap

By the way, I was feeling really yuckie yesterday after work and went stright to bed. I slept for about 11 hours! I'll post some pix tonight and talk more about The Armando Project. I need to get moving on that tonight.

By the way, I was feeling really yuckie yesterday after work and went stright to bed. I slept for about 11 hours! I'll post some pix tonight and talk more about The Armando Project. I need to get moving on that tonight.

I was exhausted last night, too. I think I finally have caught the cold that has been passed around the house and at work. I fell asleep putting the kids to sleep--and I didn't even get up until morning. I feel beat and just want to go take another nap. Can't wait till this day is over. I want to fix that tent when I get home and while at work today I will scheme about how to fix it without having to start over...

Jess.

I've read all the books and the only one which I would consider literature would be "Planet of the Apes" by Pierre Boulle. He was a great writer and was also responsible for the novel, "Bridge on the River Kwai".

Ironman or Snick, how do I get a headsculpt for the Hunt Leader, and how much would it cost me? If it's reasonable enough, then I think I will need 3 gorilla bodies now. Anybody thinking of pooling resources to purchase a case of General Ursus from Amoktime? (And I said I wasn't going to get anymore SS...sigh.)

Jess.

Back