Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou Angel! I appreciate it. By the way, I think that those humans ate too much of the corn stalk. Their hair turned greenish.

Also, did you check that website out?:chew

Hey!! Is anyone familiar with the British Look In magazine? I believe it ran froom 1971 to 1994 or thereabouts. I just discovered a site that dealt with it [https://www.lookinarchive.com/homepage.html] and it had some great "comic" versions of some great old shows. Apparently Buck Rogers is the only complete storyline so far, but they also had CHiP's, A-Team, Knightrider, Kung-fu, Space:1999, Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, Battlestar Galactica....
I don't know if they did any other ones like maybe, say....PLANET OF THE APES!!! Or maybe "V"? I downloaded all the Buck Rogers ones they had but would love to get the rest completed. It's also a way that I'm trying to get my son to pursue his artistic abilities.
If anyone knows anything about these magazines please let me know.
Thanks guys!!
And, Angel, if its not too much trouble, hold on to those glyph molds. I found a cache' of gorilla rifles today and, being as they only come with gorillas, I think I may need to differentiate some of those hairy bad boys!!!

No other Sideshow figures used them that I can think of, but I have adapted the ape heads to BBi G3 and G3.5 bodies using their neck piece which is similar enough to make it work on those figures. Human Wave also uses a neck piece like BBi's. I have also used old Krazy Glue outer tubes to adapt the ape heads onto the bodies of figures from Dragon, Twisting Toys, Drastic Plastic, In The Past Toys and Eversparkle. The only other bodies I've seen with a molded on neck similar to Sideshow's that would accomodate the POTA heads is the body I posted a few days ago from Yamato.
Hope this helps. :monkey5

Hi Ironman! Thanks for the info on the bodies! I think that I need to find a 10" to 10 1/2" body to be more in scale for certain Apes. Of course, there is always bending the knees. Thanks, Kent.:cool:

Jess – I plugged the POTA DVD back in to obtain these pics of the “stained glass” wall you had mentioned. Look what I missed… I don’t understand. :huh You may be right about the female gorilla... and I may be a little crazy. I feel so ridiculous. :anya2

Angel, thanks for those screenshots of the female gorilla. Don't you think the color of the face is too dark for a chimpanzee, even if it's a little shadowed? Looks like a gorilla to me. Your Elta is way prettier, though.

Jess.

KFog - I have that gorilla glyph... Had I known you wanted it, I would have sent it to you. :(

Maybe in the next package I send you??? I actually have 2 different gorilla glyphs from SNICK.

The hunt leader wears both on his bandolier.

I put one of them on Elta's chest. The other one that SNICK sent me I slapped on the chest of Little Marcus.

That is such a cool family shot. It looks like the dad is way too happy to pose in it.

Jess.

Angel, thanks for those screenshots of the female gorilla. Don't you think the color of the face is too dark for a chimpanzee, even if it's a little shadowed? Looks like a gorilla to me. Your Elta is way prettier, though.

Jess.

That is a chimp background extra pull over mask in shadow. In no way were there made female Orangs or Gorillas. The color of the costume is green... chimp colors. The purple shawl is probably religious in nature for female chimps.

Last edited:
That is a chimp background extra pull over mask in shadow. In no way were there made female Orangs or Gorillas. The color of the costume is green... chimp colors. The purple shawl is probably of religious in nature for female chimps.

Ah well, one could only hope, Jungle.

Angel I cracked open the apoxie. It's a bit messy, and I'm not sure I'm doing it well. I'm going to give it a rest for now. I am not liking what I see. I'm going to try to reproduce what I just made in Apoxie with clay that I bake. I think the part that says I have 3 hours to work with it is freaking me out. At least I gave that ugly doll head i have a nosejob and at least that turned out ok.

I also painted my O.R. tables again--dry-brushed it a bit. I'm not sure how it looks now--will have to see it tomorrow morning in natural light. Of course, I waited too long and started painting after it was too dark to see in natural light.

I also tried to paint the the fruits I made but i didn't have the right color green and so now they looked like crap. I also let my boys help me with the painting just so they can have some fun. I will re-do the fruits when I have better colors at hand.

Jess.

Last edited:
Sorry guys [and gal] if you refer back to post 4807 you'll see i had a bit of tragedy rushing to take those most wanted of photos. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put it back together. I will try and regroup and get her on film soon.
I sear if it weren't bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

Sorry guys [and gal] if you refer back to post 4807 you'll see i had a bit of tragedy rushing to take those most wanted of photos. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put it back together. I will try and regroup and get her on film soon.
I sear if it weren't bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

I heard about the camera drop from the earlier post and was hoping you were able to put it together.

Jess.

Back