Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess: Tell me about this kit... I may get one as well just to make t-shirts. Do I mind if you make one... heck no - go for it! I look forward to seeing the results. I know they used to sell a special paper that you could put into your PC printer and make the iron-on transfers. Wal-Mart used to sell these kits about 5 years ago.

Angel, here is a link for the kit I got:

https://www.ezscreenprint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=13

The cool thing is that it's not iron-on. It's a real silk screen, and you will burn your image onto the transfer medium with sunlight. You just need a good laserprinter or photocopy machine to make a clean image...and then you need sunlight.

Last edited:
I like that picture. Make it smaller? Smaller than what? How big is this?

The picture cannot be larger than 8.5 x 11 inches, which is how large the silk screen can be...but do you think I should make the face of Caesar a little smaller in comparison to all the hair?

Jess.

I would certainly plug up that hole in Ziras head. I spray a release agent on the items I cast so that they stick less. I used to spray the lego box but I've learned that the rubber doen't really stick to the Legos so I recently stopped doing that.

Angel, I couldn't figure out a way to plug up that hole in Zira's head, so my next plan of attack is to pour some liquid plastic inside her head to fill it up... and then put some apoxy once I have a "floor" for the apoxie to stand up on. I kept trying to plug up the hole, but the apoxy kept falling inside the cavity.

Jess.

Hello! Here are the two sculpts Angel wanted me to post. I also added a Lone Ranger figure dressed as a Civil War Bugler to depict the scale that we could use for a chimp teenager.:monkey1

For the record, that is a laytex copy of my precious gorilla vest. Originally, I had a bunch sewn and the lady was such a nightmare to deal with I had Matt S mold and cast it in rubber.

For the record, that is a laytex copy of my precious gorilla vest. Originally, I had a bunch sewn and the lady was such a nightmare to deal with I had Matt S mold and cast it in rubber.

Snick, I've been kept busy at home and work, so I have not had time to look at your glyphs. I want to make sure I do a good job... It's burning a hole in my purse, though...

Glad you said something--I will have to take a closer look at the SS vest and this photo then...

Snick, I've been kept busy at home and work, so I have not had time to look at your glyphs. I want to make sure I do a good job... It's burning a hole in my purse, though...

No worries. I appreciate the effort. The glyphs were molded a couple days ago. I'll post some pix in the next couple of days.

No worries. I appreciate the effort. The glyphs were molded a couple days ago. I'll post some pix in the next couple of days.

I can't wait to see them! I'm sure it will look spectacular on the Armageddon suit. Do you have photos yet of the other Dr. Zaius glyphs on his Minister of Science outfit?:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Jess.

I can't wait to see them! I'm sure it will look spectacular on the Armageddon suit. Do you have photos yet of the other Dr. Zaius glyphs on his Minister of Science outfit?:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Jess.

Here here... we need more Zaius pictures posted!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Snickertown sure has a good eye! I really like the tunic because it is close to the Movie version.:monkey5

I have a question for everyone! If you were to bid on and then win a Planet of the Apes Gorilla Soldier and the Soldier pictured is the Ape Maurader, should you expect to get the same item as pictured? In this case, I received
(5) standard Sideshow Gorillas instead of the others pictured. Below is the link to the actual auction won by me. Thanks, Kent.:rolleyes:

Sideshow Planet of the Apes Gorilla Soldier 12" Figure Item number: 270211833937

I have a question for everyone! If you were to bid on and then win a Planet of the Apes Gorilla Soldier and the Soldier pictured is the Ape Maurader, should you expect to get the same item as pictured? In this case, I received
(5) standard Sideshow Gorillas instead of the others pictured. Below is the link to the actual auction won by me. Thanks, Kent.:rolleyes:

Sideshow Planet of the Apes Gorilla Soldier 12" Figure Item number: 270211833937

Kfog, that doesn't sound right. I saw the listing, and they said that what they were selling was the Marauder, of which only 4000 were made. If you got the standard gorilla, maybe they were hoping you wouldn't notice...And you say you got five of them? Sounds like you are building an army...

Jess.

Jess.

Still no pix yet. Matt is working on molding and casting. He's molding all the glyphs in the color they need to be in so you won't have to paint them.

Tomorrow, I'll post a photo of the Zaius head for the Armageddon suit. I promised this a couple weeks ago but the photos turned out blurry. Now the head is painted and looking pretty good.

Still no pix yet. Matt is working on molding and casting. He's molding all the glyphs in the color they need to be in so you won't have to paint them.

Tomorrow, I'll post a photo of the Zaius head for the Armageddon suit. I promised this a couple weeks ago but the photos turned out blurry. Now the head is painted and looking pretty good.

Snick, this is way too exciting! I can't wait to see how they look. I am sure they are spectacular. I can't wait!!!!

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5
Jess.

I worked on my ANSA suit last night. I have to re-work the right front panel (take it off and resew it)...but it's coming along. I don't know how I'm going to do his collar, but I'll work it somehow.

I was originally going to use separating doll zippers, but the smallest I could find are still too big in scale and would look goofy. I put a lot of detail in the sleeves.

I also had to sew the pockets on the pants by hand because my sewing machine kept giving me grief by chewing on them...

That's it on my ape front.

Jess.

Dang Jess - That looks to much like real work, but it's coming along very well. Is that a Mego figure or a 12" figure? I think I've got a TAYLOR nametag you can iron-on, and an ANSA patch if you need it.

It's a Mego...Do you have the iron-ons in that scale? I'm sure it would be so much easier on 1:6 scale, but if I'm buying anything else 1:6, unless it's a body for Armando, it's going to be an ape. I've been studying the costume for a long time and finally decided I'd better just finish it. :monkey4

I haven't seen an ANSA costume in Mego scale that I was satisfied with yet, so I thought I would up the ante. Also, I haven't been able to do any crafting for a few days, so it felt GOOOOOOOD to finally do something last night.

I seem to feel rested today--maybe because I got some crafting time??. Last night I went to bed at midnight, and even though I woke up somewhere around 3AM, I was able to fall back asleep before the clock chimed 4AM.

Jess.

Last edited:

Sideshow Planet of the Apes Gorilla Soldier 12" Figure Item number:

Should you expect to get the same item as pictured? In a word, no. I read the auction description and no where does it state that it's the Ape Marauder. Plus, it states that the figure was limited to 4000 when the Marauder, as you know, was limited to 500. Besides, they used a stock photo... had it been an amatuer photo, I might think differently. Given all that, if I saw the listing, I would immediately assume that he/she had the regular Ape Enforcer but mistakenly used a exclusive picture by mistake.

Many times on Ebay you get sellers that have no knowledge that there is an alternate version of these Sideshow POTA figures... therefore they are innocent of any misrepresentation. I've found this to be true in my hunt for more Forbidden Zone Zaiuses.:D

I believe that the world of Sideshow, with all of their exclusives, is somes too complicated for the casual Ebay seller. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back