Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling Stickman!! We haven't heard from you for a very long time. You will have a lot of catching up to do. I wonder how much of Ape City you have carved out by now?

Jess.

Should you expect to get the same item as pictured? In a word, no. I read the auction description and no where does it state that it's the Ape Marauder. Plus, it states that the figure was limited to 4000 when the Marauder, as you know, was limited to 500. Besides, they used a stock photo... had it been an amatuer photo, I might think differently. Given all that, if I saw the listing, I would immediately assume that he/she had the regular Ape Enforcer but mistakenly used a exclusive picture by mistake.

Many times on Ebay you get sellers that have no knowledge that there is an alternate version of these Sideshow POTA figures... therefore they are innocent of any misrepresentation. I've found this to be true in my hunt for more Forbidden Zone Zaiuses.:D

I believe that the world of Sideshow, with all of their exclusives, is somes too complicated for the casual Ebay seller. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Regardless of it not saying Maurader, it is still deceiving when they have a picture of the maurader and not a picture of the more common Gorilla Soldier. You should always get what is pictured and anything else would lead someone to deception. Thanks for the feedback though everyone. I really appreciate any and all comments!:rolleyes:

Regardless of it not saying Maurader, it is still deceiving when they have a picture of the maurader and not a picture of the more common Gorilla Soldier. You should always get what is pictured and anything else would lead someone to deception. Thanks for the feedback though everyone. I really appreciate any and all comments!:rolleyes:

If you wish to believe you were deceived on purpose that is your choice. :rolleyes:

To me it's obvious... the seller perfectly described the "Ape Enforcer" but accidentally submitted a stock photo of the wrong figure. A rather small picture of the wrong figure, in fact. Only a trained eye could have spotted that is was the Marauder. Were you hoping that the seller had the rarer version and they didn't know it? I think so. The seller certainly didn't say anything about the figure being one of only 500. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I would venture to guess that the seller isn't even aware of the "Enforcer" and "Marauder" distinction... few do. Jess didn't. Sideshow didn't make it easy on either seller or collector when they decided package both figures using the same box... refering to both figures as "Gorilla Soldier". They do the same for several of the POTA exclusives... Astronaut Taylor, Dr. Zaius, Brent exclusive and regular versions each share the same box. This can result is much confusion. Honest confusion.

People are capable of making honest mistakes.

I think it was this very confusion that you were hoping to bank on. If you wanted to clear it up, a quick email to the seller would have did the trick. But you didn't alert the seller to the discrepancy between description and tiny photo. Well, the rolled the dice and lost. At the very least you now own 5 more Gorillas!!! That's WAY more than I have. Consider this monkey jealous. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

If you wish to believe you were deceived on purpose that is your choice. :rolleyes:

To me it's obvious... the seller perfectly described the "Ape Enforcer" but accidentally submitted a stock photo of the wrong figure. A rather small picture of the wrong figure, in fact. Only a trained eye could have spotted that is was the Marauder. Were you hoping that the seller had the rarer version and they didn't know it? I think so. The seller certainly didn't say anything about the figure being one of only 500. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I would venture to guess that the seller isn't even aware of the "Enforcer" and "Marauder" distinction... few do. Jess didn't. Sideshow didn't make it easy on either seller or collector when they decided package both figures using the same box... refering to both figures as "Gorilla Soldier". They do the same for several of the POTA exclusives... Astronaut Taylor, Dr. Zaius, Brent exclusive and regular versions each share the same box. This can result is much confusion. Honest confusion.

People are capable of making honest mistakes.

I think it was this very confusion that you were hoping to bank on. If you wanted to clear it up, a quick email to the seller would have did the trick. But you didn't alert the seller to the discrepancy between description and tiny photo. Well, the rolled the dice and lost. At the very least you now own 5 more Gorillas!!! That's WAY more than I have. Consider this monkey jealous. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Hear, hear, PZ. Yes, I didn't know I had a marauder--thought I had an enforcer--didn't know the distinction and feel kind of bad I opened up the box :monkey4 ...but then how else could I enjoy the doll anyway? But regardless, I'm just glad I was able to get a gorilla since I was joining the band wagon so very late.

Jess.

Oh by the way, the seller "did" know about the Ape Maurader and put the pic on anyway! So, blow that one out your ear!:moon:dump

I guess we have more gorilla and orangutan fans here than chimp fans, huh? Anyway, at teefly.com, there is a t-shirt that has a picture of a chimp's face and underneath it says 99% chimp.

Angel, that horse you had posted for sale on Ebay ended up being less than $20, with very reasonable s/h. I thought at first it was $50, but that was the one westbatman (I think) had posted.

Jess.

Last edited:
Oh by the way, the seller "did" know about the Ape Maurader and put the pic on anyway! So, blow that one out your ear!:moon:dump

Very mature Kfog... I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Enjoy your Marau... I mean your Enforcers. :D

I guess we have more gorilla and orangutan fans here than chimp fans, huh? Anyway, at teefly.com, there is a t-shirt that has a picture of a chimp's face and underneath it says 99% chimp.

Angel, that horse you had posted for sale on Ebay ended up being $50, with $15 s/h.

Jess.

Speaking of T-Shirts, the link that Ironman provided awhile back that had POTA t-shirts for sale is have a special 20% off deal through Entertainment Weekly. Here's the link:

https://www.80stees.com/ew20

I had not yet placed my order... so I'm glad I waited. :D

Speaking of Ironman, where is he? And Sticks? :confused:

Speaking of T-Shirts, the link that Ironman provided awhile back that had POTA t-shirts for sale is have a special 20% off deal through Entertainment Weekly. Here's the link:

https://www.80stees.com/ew20

I had not yet placed my order... so I'm glad I waited. :D

Speaking of Ironman, where is he? And Sticks? :confused:

Thanks for the heads-up. I totally forgot about this. Which ones are you going to order? They are all very cool...I'm thinking about the one that says Go Ape.

I e-mailed Ironman today but I haven't heard back:monkey2. It's been weeks since I last heard from him. He must be busy...and I'm still waiting for Sticks to show us the rest of Ape City. :monkey2

Jess.

Well Ironman is still posting at this forum... just not on this thread. I don't think he has posted since "the big meltdown."

I've ordered the shirts "Welcome to New York" and the original poster graphic with the human cage and Dr. Zaius. I got lucky with the latter since it also has been lowered to only $8.99 before the discount. :D

I might order more... I just can't spend too much. I need to save a bit more for some actual Sideshow Apes. By the looks of everyone pictures, I'm sorely behind. :rolleyes:

I'm also thinking that for my visit to SDCC this year that I might get prints made of all the custom work done here on this thread of the Sideshow Apes and show them to Mat Falls at the Sideshow booth. I think he would get a BIG kick out of seeing all of the stellar work... the Mutant Jail dio, Stick's Ape City, and Angel's STUNNING wagon as well as Snick's customs.

Who knows... he might let me in on something that Sideshow has planned for the Apes in the future. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Well Ironman is still posting at this forum... just not on this thread. I don't think he has posted since "the big meltdown."

I've ordered the shirts "Welcome to New York" and the original poster graphic with the human cage and Dr. Zaius. I got lucky with the latter since it also has been lowered to only $8.99 before the discount. :D

I might order more... I just can't spend too much. I need to save a bit more for some actual Sideshow Apes. By the looks of everyone pictures, I'm sorely behind. :rolleyes:

I'm also thinking that for my visit to SDCC this year that I might get prints made of all the custom work done here on this thread of the Sideshow Apes and show them to Mat Falls at the Sideshow booth. I think he would get a BIG kick out of seeing all of the stellar work... the Mutant Jail dio, Stick's Ape City, and Angel's STUNNING wagon as well as Snick's customs.

Who knows... he might let me in on something that Sideshow has planned for the Apes in the future. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Yikes! the ones I want are $30/shirt! Gahhhhhh.......I might not order them then...20% discount is still great but I don't spend THAT much for a t-shirt.

I hope there are more apes planned for the future, and I do hope that you can give us good news after the show. Will you show Matt the photos of Zira in the Nova outfit? I think he might blush seeing that.

Jess.

What I might do is ask all of you "creative monkeys" at some future date to submit the photos you want me to show Mat at SDCC. That way you can showcase the stuff you are most proud of. :D

I was originally going to use separating doll zippers, but the smallest I could find are still too big in scale and would look goofy. I put a lot of detail in the sleeves.

Jess.

Your Taylor is coming along really well! I can't believe that's MEGO size. Marty Abrams needs to hire you to rework the POTA MEGO tribute line. BTW, Zippers are always a problem.

Here is an update on the glyphs: They are going to be $25.00 for the set. All you need to do is peel them off the strip, and glue them in place. Matt's email address: [email protected].

Proto - My parents are visiting from NY this weekend and my wife had me take all my "monkey business" downstairs so we could use the dining room. Just for giggles, I put the Lawgiver beside The President of the Assembly and Dr. Zaius at the long table. Wow! It looks great with 3 orangutans sitting there! The Tribunal is going to be much better than the Ape Wagon in my opinion.

Here is an update on the glyphs: They are going to be $25.00 for the set. All you need to do is peel them off the strip, and glue them in place. Matt's email address: [email protected].

Is this for the classic Zaius glyphs or the Armageddon Garb ones? Either way, I'm in! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Edit: OOPS... looks like me and Jess are thinking alike. :rolleyes:

Back