1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a really cool figure
IMG_8153.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8151.jpeg
    IMG_8151.jpeg
    1.3 MB
I won't own DX28, so I'm happy to hear ROTJ is better.

I notice the only Vader named by its DX number and not the movie/series source it comes from is the Obi-Wan Show version. I understand why.

I think it’s only here on CF where people refer to it as DX28 lol, everyone on FB, Reddit, Instagram and YT calls it “Kenobi Vader”

Oh. 'Kenobi Vader' is an odd term -- makes it sound like some AI mash-up. But I get it. I always thought OWK Vader looked best for recognition purposes in keeping with ANH or ESB, etc...

Oh. 'Kenobi Vader' is an odd term -- makes it sound like some AI mash-up. But I get it. I always thought OWK Vader looked best for recognition purposes in keeping with ANH or ESB, etc...
I’m with you, that’s what I personally say too: OWK Vader. But yeah, everyone calls it ‘Kenobi Vader.’ Speaking of that figure, I think it’s great if you’d like that version of Vader, but I’m personally not a fan of the show, so I skipped it myself.

Technically it is also an updated Rogue one Vader not just from the Kenobi show, that is why I call it dx28.
But Rogue One Vader has a different helmet “widow’s peak”: it’s pointy, like MMS388. DX28 doesn’t have that pointier peak as it’s softened up to match OWK appearance. Subtle, but that distinction alone makes them entirely different prop/costume designs. Not only that, but FBFX was responsible for creating the OWK Vader costume and it was ground up, not the same costume seen in Rogue One. They’re different.

I won't own DX28, so I'm happy to hear ROTJ is better.

I notice the only Vader named by its DX number and not the movie/series source it comes from is the Obi-Wan Show version. I understand why.
If I had to choose, I’d choose ROTJ, I like a lot of the details from that design but also it’s OT. I don’t care for DX28 source material but I’m able to separate it as a cool Vader figure, or Rouge one version.

Back