Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woo hoo!! Urko is here:monkey5 :monkey5 just arrived on my doorstep and I must say i am very impressed! Looks way better in person then the pictures! Huge thanks to Ironman1188 for getting this project done it was well worth the wait :monkey1 will post pics once i get him put together later tonight!!

Nice fig IM. You should contact SS and see if you could get a swatch from Legolas' cloak. :D

IM my friend, I just received the Urko Head, thanks a lot. Looks great. I love it. :monkey5

I just got my Big Ugly Ape Head DVDs and my figures!! I love them!!

One thing though. My Ape Head came with a Certificate of Authenticity marked "Production Sample." The text says the sample is limited to 1,000.

Is this some kind of screw-up or do I have something different than the 10,000 other Ape Fanatics?:monkey1

Customikey said:
STILL waiting for USPS to bring me my DVDs and POTA figures....:monkey4

Ever tried replacing "amadeus" with "Dr. Zaius" in the rock song? Or am I thinking of a Simpsons episode?

HELP ME DR. ZAIUS!!!

By the way, how is he DR. Zaius? Did he go to Chimp University on a finger-sniffing scholarship?

Zaius would NEVER attend some CHIMP University! Looking down on Chimps like he does, I don't think would be caught dead there. Maybe as a speaking engagement to make sure these chimps keep there place!

The Planet of the Apes had their share of docs:
Dr. Honorius
Dr. Maximus
Dr. Galen
Dr. Zira
Dr. Milo
Dr. Cornelius (I'm don't remember if he actually was refered to as doctor... but I'm guessing he is.:D )

Boy, Taylor hung out with the Simian Elite!

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Zaius would NEVER attend some CHIMP University! Looking down on Chimps like he does, I don't think would be caught dead there. Maybe as a speaking engagement to make sure these chimps keep there place!

The Planet of the Apes had their share of docs:
Dr. Honorius
Dr. Maximus
Dr. Galen
Dr. Zira
Dr. Milo
Dr. Cornelius (I'm don't remember if he actually was refered to as doctor... but I'm guess he is.:D )

I think Zira calls him Dr. PZ when she is asking Zaius if he remebers him. The part where Zaius says, "Ah yes, the young Ape with a shovel". (I always think of how that would have sounded if W.C. Feilds played the part of Zaius :rotfl )

I have a few questions to ask all of the board members who bought some of the Ape Front Line heads.

I just bought a lot of Ape figures loose on Ebay. I was looking to put some FL heads on them... namely the FL Gorilla Hunt Leader head on the SS Ape Enforcer and a FL Bearded Heston on the SS Slave Taylor from the 2 pack. I need to know about neck compatability.

The Ape Enforcer has the domed version of the SS body (I forgot which body that is called). Slave Taylor sports the other SS body with the cut neck assembly.

Does FL offer a Ape head that will be compatable to SS for a straight trade for the Ape Enforcer or will I need to get a body that will be compatable?

I'm assuming that the FL Bearded Heston will be compatiable to the cut neck version since that is a more common style.

It's confusing when Sideshow offers different body types. Will FL know what I want if I just say that I want a Sideshow version of the head of each... will they be able to differentiate? I just want to be sure BEFORE I place my order.

Does anyone have any tips?

On the order form for Frontline, there is a note that says you can ask for the Sideshow neckpost version or Dragon version.

I'm not sure if they mean the basic Sideshow neckpost or the appropriate Ape neck post. I assume they made these to replace Sideshow ape heads so it must be the correct post you need. Have you tried emailing Lonnie? His email is on the order form.

Its a great looking head. I've been thinking about a similar conversion.

PZ, I believe Wor-Gar is correct. I honestly can't remember which way I bought mine, but I know after I ordered it I changed my mind on the body type I was going to use and needed to adapt it to a BBi G3. Heads made for Dragon necks, ie: regular FL heads, usually work fine on the common Sideshow body. On a few I have had to either widen the heads neck hole, or I've just snipped the top of the Sideshow neck stud off to accomodate the head.
Too bad Lonnie had said that there probably wouldn't be more coming. :monkey2

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
I would like to see YOUR pictures of YOUR Zaius. It would be interesting if there was a paint change in the later Zaius's that were released. But I doubt it.

As promised, Proto, here's my Zaius pix...

Zaiusfullforpost.jpg

ZaiusCUforpost.jpg

Let me know if you think there is a difference in the paint ops on my Zaius. I assume they're all the same. Hard to tell from the pix, but my Zaius has a very brown nose (no jokes please) and a very pale forehead.

Thanks for posting the pix, Wor-Gar.

It certainly looks like the good doctor I have. But you are right there is a distinct amount of brown on his muzzle. When I bought my Zaius from the collectible store (which is no longer in business:( ) I went through his whole shipment to find the paint job that suited me. There was considerable variation of the application. Some eyes looked off set as well. I did this with every Ape figure in first wave at that shop.

I miss being able to do that. :(

Protozaius said:
Thanks for posting the pix, Wor-Gar.

It certainly looks like the good doctor I have. But you are right there is a distinct amount of brown on his muzzle. When I bought my Zaius from the collectible store (which is no longer in business:( ) I went through his whole shipment to find the paint job that suited me. There was considerable variation of the application. Some eyes looked off set as well. I did this with every Ape figure in first wave at that shop.

I miss being able to do that. :(

I also miss the days when you could sift thru boxes and pick the best one.

So do you have any close up pix of your Zaius face? I'm curious just how "brown" mine is now that you said there was so much variation.

I know many of you have received your custom Urko head that Ironman had mde. Has any one painted theirs and want to show them off to the group here? Iwould love to see them. :monkey1

Hey DZ I have received Ironman's Urko head sculpt and must say that it is a very nice gorilla head sculpt. It looks very much like Urko. I did paint mine. I replaced the Marauder’s head and glued on a Persian backpack. I wish that I could take pictures but my computer doesn’t recognize my firewire ports at the moment.

:monkey5 GREETINGS!!! :monkey5

I know Customikey isn't all that anxious to show off his work on these due to defects in the sculpts, but.....
From the pix I am quite pleased with the job he's done and can't wait to get them mounted and into Central City. I'll post additional pix once that task is accomplished.

Those head sculpts look great. I really like the gorilla head on the far right. :monkey5

PZ I tried putting the FL gorilla soldier head on SSC’s enforcer, but thought that the FL head was too big. My lack of painting skills only hurt the aesthetics of the sculpt. On a regular 1:6 body the head looks better. The size of FL’s gorilla head sculpt works well with DML’s horse. PZ, I know you don’t like displaying SSC’s POTA figures with DML’s horse because the horse’s head is extremely large, but in this case you might reconsider.

planetoftheapes024.jpg
planetoftheapes029.jpg

stickman said:
Those head sculpts look great. I really like the gorilla head on the far right. :monkey5

PZ I tried putting the FL gorilla soldier head on SSC’s enforcer, but thought that the FL head was too big. My lack of painting skills only hurt the aesthetics of the sculpt. On a regular 1:6 body the head looks better. The size of FL’s gorilla head sculpt works well with DML’s horse. PZ, I know you don’t like displaying SSC’s POTA figures with DML’s horse because the horse’s head is extremely large, but in this case you might reconsider.

planetoftheapes024.jpg
planetoftheapes029.jpg

I can't reconsider... I sent my only horse to the Ebay glue factory. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Currently, all of my apes are steedless. :eek:

A lttle off the subject, it looks like this thread it close to breaking the 10,000 views mark. Let's keep those posts AND views coming!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Protozaius said:
I can't reconsider... I sent my only horse to the Ebay glue factory. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Currently, all of my apes are steedless. :eek:

A lttle off the subject, it looks like this thread it close to breaking the 10,000 views mark. Let's keep those posts AND views coming!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Yes, there IS a terrible lack of 1:6 horses available for the many genres.
Hey!! Think Sideshow will send us each a gorilla if we break the 10,000 mark? I know it's mostly the same guys posting but it seems to show die hard interest in the line to me.

Ironman1188 said:
Yes, there IS a terrible lack of 1:6 horses available for the many genres.
Hey!! Think Sideshow will send us each a gorilla if we break the 10,000 mark? I know it's mostly the same guys posting but it seems to show die hard interest in the line to me.

I don't know about just 10,000 views, but if this thread was to break 10,000 posts... now that would be something to write home about!!! Keep up the fight... maybe one day there will be more Apes in our future! This is as close to an Ape (other than the heads) as the board has, so... :chew :chew :chew

I just started getting these, and was going to stick with just Zaius, Cornelius,and Zira, but after re-watching the films, I'm leaing towards at least one Taylor, Ursus, and the Mutant Leader...

Back