Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No fight DZ. opinions make the world go round. His heads look very good up close, at least to me, and they fill the gap of needing variety in ones collection. I hope to have more info regarding them soon.

<hint>
Just a few of the easily made extra POTA figures I'd love to see made.

Governor%20Breck%20%28CQ%29.jpg

And he'd fit in well with the bewildered look of Star Wars' Luke

Milo%20%28ES%29.jpg

suits made, just needs a Milo head

General%20Aldo%20%28BT%29.jpg

a new head, a sword and voila!

Ironman1188 said:
<hint>
Just a few of the easily made extra POTA figures I'd love to see made.

Governor%20Breck%20%28CQ%29.jpg

And he'd fit in well with the bewildered look of Star Wars' Luke

Milo%20%28ES%29.jpg

suits made, just needs a Milo head

General%20Aldo%20%28BT%29.jpg

a new head, a sword and voila!

Ironman, your pictures are not posting. Can you re-post them?:confused:

A well written review, but...Ursus suffered many faults as were stated when he was released. The likeness is off, the helmet too small, the draping too short. An honest review won't be able to be posted there.

oh, I didn't post mine on the Ursus figure. I posted mine on all of the Ape figures. Keeps me from having to diss an SS Ape figure. I gave my review on the SS Ape line as a whole.

Hi Ape fans.

I need some help. Does anyone have pictures of their Zaius you could post? I just got my Zaius (reg version) which looks great -- I love the head sculpt, much better than the reviews have been saying. Maybe I just got lucky with a good paint job. I like to think that's the case. Anyway, his outfit seems a little lighter than I've seen in photos online and I'm just curious if mine has sun damage or its just a lighter shade of "orange-brown" than photos show. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone here knows about this "wash-and-wear" method people have been talking about, I'd love to hear how you do it correctly. From what I've read, you just wash the clothing in water and let it air dry on your figure to loose the wrinkles and form-fit the character better.

Thanks all,
Greg

Wor-Gar said:
Hi Ape fans.

I need some help. Does anyone have pictures of their Zaius you could post? I just got my Zaius (reg version) which looks great -- I love the head sculpt, much better than the reviews have been saying. Maybe I just got lucky with a good paint job. I like to think that's the case. Anyway, his outfit seems a little lighter than I've seen in photos online and I'm just curious if mine has sun damage or its just a lighter shade of "orange-brown" than photos show. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone here knows about this "wash-and-wear" method people have been talking about, I'd love to hear how you do it correctly. From what I've read, you just wash the clothing in water and let it air dry on your figure to loose the wrinkles and form-fit the character better.

Thanks all,
Greg

Here is one of the regular version and one of the exclusive version. I doubt that yours is sunfade; his suit is just real light.
Hope this helps!!!

Dr_Zaius said:
Here is one of the regular version and one of the exclusive version. I doubt that yours is sunfade; his suit is just real light.
Hope this helps!!!

Yep, that's how mine looks. I guess the photos I've seen just enrich the color somewhat so the leather parts look darker and the suit looks richer.

Thanks, Dr! I appreciate the relief.

Wor-Gar said:
Hi Ape fans.

Thanks all,
Greg

My pictures aren't that great, but here they are.

I LOVE my Zaius! I do have some issues with it. The robes aren't orange enough (too much brown tin the color), there is not enough flesh color in the face (he looks far too pale) and the color of his hair isn't yellow enough. The combined problems make him look a little too muddy, pale and flat, overall.

I've included pictures of a GREAT full sized maquette that the good people of Apemania did awhile back using the original Zaius costumes for compairson.

I would like to see YOUR pictures of YOUR Zaius. It would be interesting if there was a paint change in the later Zaius's that were released. But I doubt it.

I just got the "Ape Enforcer" in the mail today from eBay. Man what a cool figure, and very surprised that the rifle has a working bolt! Here's to hoping we have Apes for many years to come :chew

Protozaius said:
I LOVE my Zaius! I do have some issues with it. The robes aren't orange enough (too much brown tin the color), there is not enough flesh color in the face (he looks far too pale) and the color of his hair isn't yellow enough. The combined problems make him look a little too muddy, pale and flat, overall.

I would like to see YOUR pictures of YOUR Zaius. It would be interesting if there was a paint change in the later Zaius's that were released. But I doubt it.

Thanks Proto.

Yep, mine looks just like yours. I must say I agree with your comments. I do think the costume seems a bit dull in color (as you say not orange enough) that's why I thought maybe it had been in the sun. Apparently not. As far as him looking pale, my Zaius actually has a brownish tint around his snout and eyes, paler around the forehead. The hands are very pale though on mine. Also, the hair is really more of a mustard color I guess, but not very defined. More lighter highlights would really help.

All in all, I quite like him. I got him for $12.50 so I can't complain. Perhaps sometime down the line I'll give him a repaint and perhaps dye his robe and paints a richer gold/orange. I have this "yellow gold" acrylic paint and when you dry brush it on very lightly it gives a shimmer in the light just like real hair. I think it would be perfect to solve Zaius' flat-colored hair.

In the mean time, I'll try and take some pictures for you later in the week. Right now I'm reorganizing a storage closet to accomodate all the new figures I'm getting and its taking forever. I spent the entire day just pulling stuff out of the storage room. Now I have to repack and then place it all back inside! Its like a terrible "Saw" puzzle.

Thanks for the help!

galactiboy said:
I just got the "Ape Enforcer" in the mail today from eBay. Man what a cool figure, and very surprised that the rifle has a working bolt! Here's to hoping we have Apes for many years to come :chew

From your lips to God's ears. :monkey3
In the meantime, there's always the customs.

70sCinema said:
What the hell is that? I mean I know WHAT it is, but...

Background info, please.

He is my attempt at this mutant portrayed by Jeff Corey. I just haven't gotten the robes together yet.

What figure did you use for Corey's face? Did it come with the glasses?

STILL waiting for USPS to bring me my DVDs and POTA figures....:monkey4

Ever tried replacing "amadeus" with "Dr. Zaius" in the rock song? Or am I thinking of a Simpsons episode?

HELP ME DR. ZAIUS!!!

By the way, how is he DR. Zaius? Did he go to Chimp University on a finger-sniffing scholarship?

Protozaius said:
What figure did you use for Corey's face? Did it come with the glasses?

The glasses did NOT come with him. The head I decided to use was an unmoustached Sam Elliott sculpt. With the furry eyebrows I noticed a similarity in the way the face might look. Once the head piece was put on, and the glasses, I thought he came pretty damn close to what I wanted.

Back