Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
I just started getting these, and was going to stick with just Zaius, Cornelius,and Zira, but after re-watching the films, I'm leaing towards at least one Taylor, Ursus, and the Mutant Leader...

It is none of my business my frined but if I were you I would get the Taylor and Nova 2 pack if you were interested in getting just one Taylor. That way you have a Nova to set with your Taylor. But, that is just my opinion!!!

Dr_Zaius said:
It is none of my business my frined but if I were you I would get the Taylor and Nova 2 pack if you were interested in getting just one Taylor. That way you have a Nova to set with your Taylor. But, that is just my opinion!!!

I don't know....I saw Nova and wasn't impressed. With her or the figure. I'm leaning more towards the astronaut or the Battle For version.

Bythe way, if anyone is looking to unload their loose POTA figs, send me a PM.

It's good to hear that you have a monkey on your back, there Customickey! More Apes is always a good thing. :monkey3

I must admit my favorite Taylor figure is the one from Beneath... although I liked Heston performance in the first film better. The costume is done VERY well and he would look great next to a Mutant Leader.

But you really need a Taylor from the first film... the classic. Yet, it's strange that with all of the Taylors Sideshow offered, they didn't offer the one version we all wanted... a bearded Taylor in primitive clothes. Instead we get an exclusive bearded Taylor in an astronaut outfit as he appears in the very beginning of the film AND a clean shaven Taylor in slave clothes as he appears at the very end of the film. WHAT ABOUT THE WHOLE MIDDLE OF THE FILM, GUYS!!!! Unfortunately, it's a bit cost prohibative to buy both and kit bash them together. :eek:

Personally, I don't think that the bearded Heston exclusive is worth the price his going on Ebay for. I think you would be better off gettting a FL Bearded Heston head (HH022) and working your paint magic on him. Perhaps you can keep an eye out for a loose Slave Taylor on Ebay. I just purchased a lot on Ebay and luckily he was included. I'm going to be placing my order for that FL head soon, I tell ya. :D

Also, maybe take another look at the Hasbro 12" Taylor/Heston. Seeing what you did to good ole Palpy from Hasbro's SW line, you might find ourself again making lemonade out of another lemon. :rolleyes:

I would also recommend to you, if I may Customickey, the Lawgiver statue. You can easily get it at a good price. I can't tell you how well that statue displays with the figures. Yet, I'm biased... I own three of them. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
I'd totally dig on a Lawgiver!! But my wife is making me get rid of my Caesar bust (I get to keep the DVDs) and I doubt she'd be too keen on the Lawgiver. I'd complain, but considering what she puts up with, this is the first time she's so vehemently objected to anything I've gotten.
Is their a website for Frontline? I tried googling them, but no dice.

Are there any comparison shots of the production Astronaut Taylor and Forbidden Zone versions? I think my preference would be towards the Forbidden Zone version, but the other one can be picked-up for so cheap these days...

galactiboy said:
Are there any comparison shots of the production Astronaut Taylor and Forbidden Zone versions? I think my preference would be towards the Forbidden Zone version, but the other one can be picked-up for so cheap these days...

Here is a pic of the two side by side with custom head paints. Sorry, I don't have any pics without the custom paint.

galactiboy said:

Astronaut Taylor is SO cheap because that version of the character was on screen for SO short a time. What 3... 4 minutes tops???

Most collectors would want a version of Taylor that looks good with the Apes.

I like the bearded Taylor. I wish I had some other pictures to post, anyway here are some old ones. :monkey2 I really like that paint job DZ.

ApeAstronauts.jpg
TayloronhorsewithNova2POTA.jpg

I find it strange that with all of the Taylors that Sideshow released, there wasn't one Taylor that was a MUST BUY version: the Bearded Primitive Taylor. The only one that came close was the one that came in the two pack... and that one had the financial burden of being packed with Nova.

I guess Sideshow wasn't confident that she would sell on her own so they boxed her in with the most desirable Taylor. :eek:

Hey All, where are the pics of your custom Urko? We saw Ironmans fine example but does any one else want to show off their paint jobs???

Hey DZ, I wish I could help, but my computer's USB ports aren't working and my camera isn't being recognized by my computer. I don't understand this issue. Until I can post new updated material I will have to wait and watch. :monkey2

great pics! sorry i have been swamped with school the last week or two and have yet to do much other then attach the head to the body.....maybe tomorrow night though :chew

Please keep those pictures coming. I tried to reorganize some gorilla photos. Please forgive the continuity error. I cant wait to post some new updated photos.

How will Man adapt to the Planet of the Apes

planetoftheapes016.jpg
planetoftheapes019.jpg

planetoftheapes022.jpg
planetoftheapes013.jpg

planetoftheapes015.jpg
planetoftheapes014.jpg

planetoftheapes017.jpg
planetoftheapes004.jpg

planetoftheapes006.jpg
planetoftheapes010.jpg

Isn't it sad that we have over 10000 looks and we have still not sold out the SS POTA Line:monkey2
I still have hope for the re-birth of the line later on. I sent Mat Falls pics of my Beneath Jail and he really liked it. I know that he is still pulling for the Ape line. Maybe we will see some Apes PF in the future but I would still like more 12inch figures.
The Urko pics are really good!!! Keep them coming.

IM, sned me the pricing info on the Urko head again if you would. Thanks!

Back