Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another small photograph of the staircase. If any of you find more of these please let me know. :angelsmil

Oh, I like this photo. Angel What do you plan on using for the texture? Plaster of paris? Plaster would be perfect for that look, but it would be so heavy.

Well, here is another test photo.
IMG_0480a.jpg

Please do that. I'd love to see what you've picked out. :blissy

Angel, here are the fabric choices I have for you. The first photo shows my preference for the blouse. It's more film accurate than the second one which has a great pattern for the scale. Plus, Zira looks so cute in that photo.

Third photo shows the newest fabric I have for the cape. It's a stretch material and it has a great hang, but then I won't know how it will behave until it has been sewn. I'll cross that bridge when I get there, and if you don't like it I will keep looking. I kind of like that particular photo because it looks like a photograph of somebody about to sing at La Scala Opera House...

Fourth photo shows the original cape fabric which is the exact color I want. It was the one that drowned out my Mego Zira because it does not hang well because it is a velvet. Maybe it will be better for this scale, since the Mego Zira is only 7.5 inches tall. If this fabric doesn't work, I'll keep looking.

Let me know what you think. I am hoping to accomplish this project in time for SDCC so PZ can take photos with him.

Jess.

Progress... has... moved... to a slow... crawl...:monkey2

Sorry Proto

So much activity... Gosh! Where does one start.

Angel... Those wall sculptures for the tribunal scene are truly a work of art. I can't wait until all is painted and we can all see a breath taking 1/6th tribunal recreation. STELLAR WORK!

It's just beautiful, Angel! You have really come so far from when you were making the whistles and mancatchers. You have become a true artisan!

Oh, I like this photo. Angel What do you plan on using for the texture? Plaster of paris? Plaster would be perfect for that look, but it would be so heavy.

IMG_0480a.jpg

Sticks, even your test photos are amazing. I can't wait to get more photos. I just love how everything's coming along...

Jess.

Sticks - Check out this Beneath Planet Apes Rare Original 35mmTransp.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sid=m37&satitle=150224580413&category0=&fvi=1

Does that mean it's small - like a slide for a slide projector? I asked the guy selling it how big it was and he answered me saying it's a 35mmTransp. I guess that means it's small? :confused:

Jess told me about this picture on eBay. I wish it were bigger. It's a GREAT point of reference for building the staircase.

I've never seen this shot before... I think It may have been taken during a rehearsal. While the actors were going through the scene for the director and cameras, the still photogs are always snapping away on set stealing shots.

Other than that guess... I have no idea. No shirt and wearing booties, Heston was not in costume.

And yes 35MM is slide size, and movie frame size.

Thanks guys for the comments. This is the feel I'm getting for my city. I was going to try for a sky blue background, but due to the size of this mini city I may have to use Duvetyne. What do you guys think? I'm sorry i can't give you a comparison between the blue/black. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend with some seemless Sky Blue paper as the background and see how it looks. I'd appreciate all feedback from you freaks on this. :D I will try to post at least one tease, test - photo a day/night. :monkey5:lol

Angel that thing against the wall is a paper lattice my brother made, and I quickly painted. I was thinking of stuffing straw throughout the squares. Also rough estimate of city - 10'x5' and maybe more to come, depends on if my brother can do it.

Jessica that fabric is beautiful. Those are lovely photos. You captured Zira very well. I'm really surprised SideSHow didn't do Cornelius and Zira in Hipster garb from Escape - POTA.

IMG_0480a.jpg

Sticks.... Test photo?.... Test photo????

That is a thing of beauty! Really a nice use of dramatic lighting.

It really reminds me, for some reason, of the hallway Taylor runs through as he disrupts the ape funeral. I too am wondering what is on the wall next to the gorilla.

Sticks... If that is a test photo, I can't wait to see the final shot. Love your work!

I've never seen this shot before... I think It may have been taken during a rehearsal. While the actors were going through the scene for the director and cameras, the still photogs are always snapping away on set stealing shots.

Other than that guess... I have no idea. No shirt and wearing booties, Heston was not in costume.

And yes 35MM is slide size, and movie frame size.

Thanks for clearing that up Jom. I wonder why the seller didn't just call it a slide.

Thanks a bunch Jom. Please critique me as I go. One of my Gorillas fell from the shelf today and lost a leg. 1 Gorilla down. :monkey2

Well todays photos are early, here they go.

IMG_0495a.jpg
IMG_0496a.jpg

Didn't think I'd see any new activity tonight!! :chew

Sticks, your Ape City is so exciting! I think you should have one of those gorilla soldiers fix up that large gap between the bars though so that those homo sapiens can't get through the bars and escape.

Do you have a Julius yet? You need to have somebody be able to hose down the human poop from the cages...I really love how that old timer is begging.

Are there any doctors in the hospital at this time? Please see that your gorilla soldier is taken care of right away!

Jess.

Thanks Jess. I'm glad you like it. You? Speechless? That's a good one!

I had enough supplies on hand to make that one piece. Now I have to order more resin (and rubber) for the other partition. Do you still want one for that trade we're working on? Let me know so that I order enough resin... if you really want one. Again, we both agree "no hurry" on this trade right?

Angel, please take your time. I am never in a rush except to finish my projects.

Jess.

So much activity... Gosh! Where does one start.

Angel... Those wall sculptures for the tribunal scene are truly a work of art. I can't wait until all is painted and we can all see a breath taking 1/6th tribunal recreation. STELLAR WORK!

It's just beautiful, Angel! You have really come so far from when you were making the whistles and mancatchers. You have become a true artisan!

Jungle - You always know what to say to cheer me up! Thanks brother. :)

I just received some pictures of the Armando sculpt! The Armando Project is about to enter a new phase! I'll post the pictures of him TONIGHT! I have to get back to work right now. Later Freaks!

Last edited:
Sticks---I keep looking at and admiring your Ape City. I just love the texture of the walls. It has a very solid feel and the colors are very natural. It's just so perfect...

Jess.

I am off today! I took a sick day because I was "sick" of work. I really would love to check out those Armondo sculpts Angel! Also,pretty cool how you have the Ape wagon pieces numbered for possible future projects.:monkey5

Stickman really is doing an outstanding job on Ape city.:monkey5

Looks like Jess has caught up to me in posts. I have been on this forum a year now and still find it pretty cool.:monkey1

Where the heck is Ironman at?:confused:

I am off today! I took a sick day because I was "sick" of work. I really would love to check out those Armondo sculpts Angel! Also,pretty cool how you have the Ape wagon pieces numbered for possible future projects.:monkey5

Stickman really is doing an outstanding job on Ape city.:monkey5

Looks like Jess has caught up to me in posts. I have been on this forum a year now and still find it pretty cool.:monkey1

Where the heck is Ironman at?:confused:

Kfog...it's good to take a mental day occasionally. I have been tempted to do the same thing, but somehow I manage to physically get to the "saltmines."

Ooo!!! I am almost caught up with your posts--and I only started gabbing in December.

Jess.

Hi Jess! What is the "Saltmines"? Is that reference to your job? Oh, by the way, I would like to eventually get some of that Zira material from you. I can send you some black furry horse blanket material in trade if you want.:rolleyes:

Back