Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks - Here's some wooden lattice work I can send you if you'd like it for Ape City. Just let me know. :angelsmil

Sure Angel, I know I can always use it. I'm thinking of a new plan for my city. Sorry no photos tonight. My brother is still a little under the weather. He's had a headache for about two weeks. :confused::confused: Tomorrow he starts his first job. :D So I will have my studio back.

ANG- Your critique mirrors mine.The ears seem to either stick out or are too big. I'm not a fan of sculpted pupils. Photo 4 is excellent.

Thx for your hard work in seeing this project through.

STICKS - The ape city photo is incredible.

Hey Snicks!! I'm really glad you've seen them. I will try to post more soon.

:mwaha Jom, funny comment about Taylor and Nova losing their space.
I will have a gorilla garrison evict those varmints immediately. I bought some hay/straw a while back to put in the jail but I can't find it. :confused: I still toy with the idea of how POTA would have turned out if Nova was pregnant, and Heston/Taylor stayed on to continue the Saga.

I agree with the critiques on the sculpt thus far. I'm easy going however and am just ecstatic to be a part of this one. She's doing a great job. :monkey5 Please tell her so. :peace

Hi. Thanks for inviting me into the Armando project. I think it looks great. The only suggestion I have, I thought maybe he might have a slightly more intense look, with the arched eyebrows as in the photo attached.

The left ear looks too low, large and flared. If it matched the right ear if would look more natural. More subtle curls might look more natural when painted. From the front he looks great, though. Now just take the goatee off, throw him in a Scarface outfit and he's ready for Fantasy Island.:lol

:mwaha Jom, funny comment about Taylor and Nova losing their space.
I will have a gorilla garrison evict those varmints immediately. I bought some hay/straw a while back to put in the jail but I can't find it. :confused: I still toy with the idea of how POTA would have turned out if Nova was pregnant, and Heston/Taylor stayed on to continue the Saga.

Hey Sticks... now that you mention it Pierre Boulle did write a screenplay called Planet of the Men. Taylor, Nova and their son are the main characters and of course the Apes.

Here is a link:

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Now just scroll down to "Planet of the Men"

I sure hope Ironman chimes in with his thoughts on this sculpt. Doesn't he have a head on order still?

No. I returned all his money on the gorilla heads and I'm picking up the costs for his Armando as well. In fact, KFog pulled out of The Armando Project and demanded his money back, so I returned that to him also. Rather than asking all of you guys for more money, I'm just going to pay for three people now and just take the loss. I want Armando that badly. Next time, we'll let someone else be in charge of all the tribulations. How about an orangutan next time!???

No. I returned all his money on the gorilla heads and I'm picking up the costs for his Armando as well. In fact, KFog pulled out of The Armando Project and demanded his money back, so I returned that to him also. Rather than asking all of you guys for more money, I'm just going to pay for three people now and just take the loss. I want Armando that badly. Next time, we'll let someone else be in charge of all the tribulations. How about an orangutan next time!???

We need to split the cost of those who backed out.

If you want an orangutan, I commissioned a Zaius head to be sculpted. He would have to be molded and if there was enough interest I would do it. Kind of like ANG's wagon once it's glued in place the offer goes away.

Wow! That's a lot of changes you guys want done to Armando. I know how much work actually goes into a sculpt like this. I feel bad having to tell her about all these tweaks you guys are suggesting. I hope she doesn't get upset over this and I hope she doesn't have to start from scratch. (And I thought I was picky with just the ears!)

That's going to be a heck of a long list...

1. That right ear juts out a bit too much in an Opie fashion... and the ears are not on the level. The left ear looks too low, large and flared. If it matched the right ear if would look more natural. More subtle curls might look more natural when painted. From the front he looks great, though.

2. Don't like sculpted eyes.

3. Perhaps the cheeks might be too full making him look a bit too "chunky." The other major thing I was wondering is if she could make the smile line of the front part of his face less meaty-looking or make the smile line less deep/pronounced.

4. Concern with the detail in the curls are they appear in the profile. They make the sculpt have too much of a cartoony look. The curls should be more subtle, I think. Also one minor adjustment to the sideburns...if they could be less cartoony especially on the left side of his head.

5. Is it me or does his forehead look a bit too short? And the lines on his forehead or a bit over sculpted and should appear more subtle.

6. He might have a slightly more intense look, with the arched eyebrows.

7. Remove a bit of the curls behind the ears that is level with his jawline and sculpt some bare skin there. All humans have bare skin there, right? The way the hair is sculpted now looks like the hair is part of the hairline and not curling against the neck as I think she meant it to be.

Angel, you know best what to do. Please tell her she did a fantastic and awesome job, but there are some minor adjustments that you were wondering could be done...and then list them. I am off to a meeting, but I would like to help re-word some of the items above so it helps soften the blow.

Jess.

I thought you wanted any suggestion we could think of. You can drop mine if you wish, I think the sculpt looks great.

Wow! That's a lot of changes you guys want done to Armando.

That's going to be a heck of a long list...

Angel, I sent you an e-mail and reworded the request list. Please review and let's discuss.

Thanks, Jess.

I also found some screenshots that mirrored Ada's photographs, and I am attaching those (although this was not part of the photos you submitted to her). She did quite an impressive sculpt job in my opinion...

Last edited:
I think if your patient you could find an exclusive SS Zaius for a better price. I picked up one for $24 on ebay in January. The only flaw was the box was crushed. I assume that's why it didn't attract many bidders...

I think if your patient you could find an exclusive SS Zaius for a better price. I picked up one for $24 on ebay in January. The only flaw was the box was crushed. I assume that's why it didn't attract many bidders...

Thanks, Dr Hasslein...I have saved a search on my Ebay. I am not in any particular rush as I have many ongoing projects coming up the wazoo. It's good to know that I could get it for as little as that. Maybe I might be a lucky monkey someday....

Jess.

Wow! That's a lot of changes you guys want done to Armando. I know how much work actually goes into a sculpt like this. I feel bad having to tell her about all these tweaks you guys are suggesting. I hope she doesn't get upset over this and I hope she doesn't have to start from scratch.

I sure hope I didn't offend anybody with my suggestions... they are just that, suggestions. I am thoroughly ignorant to the process of sculpting a head like this. And I sure do not want to jeopardize any future projects with this sculptor by being super critical. That was not my intention.

In the end, I will be happy with whatever I get. :D

No. I returned all his money on the gorilla heads and I'm picking up the costs for his Armando as well. In fact, KFog pulled out of The Armando Project and demanded his money back, so I returned that to him also.

I'm SO sorry they did that to you. VERY uncool. And I agree with Snickertown. We should ALL bear the burden. You shouldn't be the only one to carry it.

Next time, we'll let someone else be in charge of all the tribulations. How about an orangutan next time!???

Are you hinting at something. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I sure hope I didn't offend anybody with my suggestions... they are just that, suggestions. I am thoroughly ignorant to the process of sculpting a head like this. And I sure do not want to jeopardize any future projects with this sculptor by being super critical. That was not my intention.

In the end, I will be happy with whatever I get. :D

Ditto.....

Back