Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to establish a master shot of the city. I'm still not sure on the set up. Once I lock that done I can finish the set. I still hope to film on Monday. No real lighting here but it did help me realize that I may have to bring in my 1K for this scene.

IMG_0578a.jpg
IMG_0583a.jpg

IMG_0588a.jpg

IT IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!

You've put your finger on my problem with it though. In what configuration do you place these individual pieces. Each part is really a stand alone thing. The trick will be, to incorporate one piece to the next, so the layout of the city flows logically from one structure to the next. Add to that, the problem that you've built both interiors and exterior sets.

You have a few puzzles to solve before you can start principal photography. I'm sure you will work it out through a process of trial and error.

Good luck! I'm expecting a blockbuster, Sticks!

Last edited:
Sticks... I'm not going to tell you what I thought of this screenplay until you finish reading it. I encourage everyone here to read it. It was written by the man who wrote Planet of the Apes in the first place. It is one of my favorite novels and this is his take on what would happen next.

Boulle also wrote "Bridge on the River Kwai".

I wish all would read this screenplay so we could discuss it here. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on it. "Planet of the Men" is a bit disturbing and thought provoking.

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

Jungle, I have yet to relive Planette des Singes, as it's been about 20 years since I have read that book. I am curious to see how I feel about it now. When I first read it, I was thoroughly disappointed, being such a hardcore fan of the original movie.

Jess.

Jungle, I have yet to relive Planette des Singes, as it's been about 20 years since I have read that book. I am curious to see how I feel about it now. When I first read it, I was thoroughly disappointed, being such a hardcore fan of the original movie.

Jess.

Jess... The book packs more of punch than the film. I totally encourage you to re-read it. Over the years I've read it about five times. It is really the source of all things Ape. You can see how the makers of the films mined everything they could from the novel.

It was also, obviously, the source of the Burton remake.

Jess, please go to the link I provided to Sticks to read Boulle's proposed screenplay for the sequel to the original film. It takes things in a very different direction.

Hey, I just noted my join date... I've been here for a year!!!!!!!

Let's hear it guys....

Happy Anniversary Jungle!!!!

Oh yes... and to the other guy that joined about a year ago... Who's name escapes me... Ummmh... Ahhhh...

Never mind...

Last edited:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One last post before I retire...

I fear the general has forsaken us...

No posts for quite a while....................

One last post before I retire...

I fear the general has forsaken us...

No posts for quite a while....................

I've PMed the general about coming back but I'm afraid he plans to stay away for awhile. I'm hoping that he is out there... somewhere reading the posts. Perhaps one day he will find the work being done here inspiring enough to want to return.

The thread feels odd without him.

By the way, Sticks... the Ape City is totally insane. You even made my son speechless and that's hard to do. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

IT IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!

You've put your finger on my problem with it though. In what configuration do you place these individual pieces. Each part is really a stand alone thing. The trick will be, to incorporate one piece to the next, so the layout of the city flows logically from one structure to the next. Add to that, the problem that you've built both interiors and exterior sets.

You have a few puzzles to solve before you can start principal photography. I'm sure you will work it out through a process of trial and error.

Good luck! I'm expecting a blockbuster, Sticks!

Jom! Do you remember the line you wrote a while back' "Get out of my head!"? I'm sorry, I'm laughing, I found it funny then, and I find it funny now. You have just nailed everything that has been plaguing me during my recent illness and everything that blocks my near future decisions. So I would like to ask you, how do you see it?

Originally, everything was going to be at the same level, but with so many new possibilities with structures, I recently tried to stack the boxes. I still have doors and windows I could add, so let me know.

Jom, again your right that once the master is established, I will break these all down to individual scenes, or at least try. I just want to get the layout down, and finish the set this weekend so I can start shooting by Monday.

Hey, I just noted my join date... I've been here for a year!!!!!!!

Let's hear it guys....

Happy Anniversary Jungle!!!!

Oh yes... and to the other guy that joined about a year ago... Who's name escapes me... Ummmh... Ahhhh...

Never mind...

Happy Anniversary Jungle and Angel!
:banana:fireworks:fest:pow

By the way, Sticks... the Ape City is totally insane. You even made my son speechless and that's hard to do. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Hey PZ, that really means a lot my friend, thank you, and your son very much.

Please let the general know that the gorilla garrison awaits his orders and full inspection..

I almost wish I could do stills and tell stories instead of complete frames. :monkey4

I'm glad you like them Jessica. This weekend is the last weekend I have to tweak anything. Any ideas?

I was hoping to see a giant sculpted urn somewhere near the ampitheatre. I think Angel had a screenshot of one that he posted here once...

How about an exterior stairwell leading up from one structure to another?

And what about the skywalk?

Jess.

I was hoping to see a giant sculpted urn somewhere near the ampitheatre. I think Angel had a screenshot of one that he posted here once...

How about an exterior stairwell leading up from one structure to another?

And what about the skywalk?

Jess.

Hmm. I still have a few props that I need to paint or transfigure over the weekend. What does this urn look like? I also still need to find the straw I purchased a while back. I still have some ladders to add as well. I think it is really missing your market garden.

Hmm. I still have a few props that I need to paint or transfigure over the weekend. What does this urn look like?

I will try to find it. Found one on my computer...it looks pretty simple to make and it's a little different from the one where we see General Ursus and his famous "INVADE" speech.

It's on the top left of the attached picture.

Jess.

Last edited:
Hmm. I still have a few props that I need to paint or transfigure over the weekend. What does this urn look like? I also still need to find the straw I purchased a while back. I still have some ladders to add as well. I think it is really missing your market garden.

Oh yes...that market....I still have loads to do on that. My current battle with Taylor's paint job has distracted my attentions. I just want to see that project completed now. And then I want to work on Zira's Escape outfit for Angel. I want to take my time and do a great job. I actually almost took a pair of scissors to the blouse fabric to cut out the pieces for the blouse, but I got scared. I have been thinking about how I'm going to proceed with the cuffs, which will be the hardest part of the blouse.

Funny how you can't find that straw--isn't that maddening? I hate when that happens to me. Where did you purchase that from? A petshop?

Jess.

Last edited:
I will try to find it. Found one on my computer...it looks pretty simple to make and it's a little different from the one where we see General Ursus and his famous "INVADE" speech.

It's on the top left of the attached picture.

Jess.

This is a really nice shot Jessica. I wish I could make that. I'm going to spend tomorrow gathering flora and making structures like that art form or planter there, Is that what it is?

Here are some close ups of some fruit I'm making :lol
IMG_0180a.jpg
IMG_0190a.jpg

Did anyone get a good look at that melon they're eating at the beginning of the HUNT in POTA? Was that a HoneyDew?

Back