Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks, those are the coolest! I was going to offer to make some for you but you've already started. They look great!

There's also a simple striped huge pot right near Zira's and Cornelius' house in Escape and I think that one had a plant growing out of it.

Jess.

Oh yes...that market....I still have loads to do on that. My current battle with Taylor's paint job has distracted my attentions. I just want to see that project completed now. And then I want to work on Zira's Escape outfit for Angel. I want to take my time and do a great job. I actually almost took a pair of scissors to the blouse fabric to cut out the pieces for the blouse, but I got scared. I have been thinking about how I'm going to proceed with the cuffs, which will be the hardest part of the blouse.

Just relax Jessica, You've done it before, just different scales. Beleive in yourself, I've seen your work and have total faith in you. I can't wait to see your costumes.

Funny how you can't find that straw--isn't that maddening? I hate when that happens to me. Where did you purchase that from? A petshop?

Jess.

I don't get it. I had it, and now it's gone. :confused:

Sticks, those are the coolest! I was going to offer to make some for you but you've already started. They look great!

There's also a simple striped huge pot right near Zira's and Cornelius' house in Escape and I think that one had a plant growing out of it.

Jess.
Interesting. Would this be during a flash back moment? I must admit, Escape is my 2nd least favorite. As a child I didn't take well to Cornelius' and Zira's death. Since I received my Legacy collection I tried to watch Escape but always seem to avoid the ending.

I watched Battle the other night. I'm not as disappointed as I used to be but still believe this to be the weakest of all the ape films, not including Burton's.

Sticks, check out page 478 or 479--Angel had posted a screenshot of an exterior dwelling, and they had some burlap hanging over the edge of it. You could add stuff like that to your Ape City. I actually found something I found at Michael's the other day and had to get it....it's called Stiffen Stuff, super quick stiffening spray for stiffening fabrics. I think this spray will help hold the folds of the fabric for when I take photos of my operating table.

Here's some outdoor Ape City photos in case you haven't seen these before.

Last edited:
Interesting. Would this be during a flash back moment? I must admit, Escape is my 2nd least favorite. As a child I didn't take well to Cornelius' and Zira's death. Since I received my Legacy collection I tried to watch Escape but always seem to avoid the ending.

I watched Battle the other night. I'm not as disappointed as I used to be but still believe this to be the weakest of all the ape films, not including Burton's.

Ooops...sorry...wrong movie. I meant Beneath...See? I've been thinking a lot about Escape because I'm thinking about the upcoming costume.

I still like Escape a lot probably because of the sad ending and I'm just a sucker for sad endings...

Ooops...sorry...wrong movie. I meant Beneath...

I still like Escape a lot probably because of the sad ending and I'm just a sucker for sad endings...

:lol I'll remember that. I was thinking of burlap before but wondered if it was too heavy looking. The guage of the netting in that photo resembles nylon stockings. I wonder how that would look. I will try to post a lot of photos this weekend to get as much feedback as I could. Let's see what I can come up with. I think i need to retire for the night. Jessica, please have a good night's sleep. I look forward to getting some feedback from you, Good night. :sleep

:lol I'll remember that. I was thinking of burlap before but wondered if it was too heavy looking. The guage of the netting in that photo resembles nylon stockings. I wonder how that would look. I will try to post a lot of photos this weekend to get as much feedback as I could. Let's see what I can come up with. I think i need to retire for the night. Jessica, please have a good night's sleep. I look forward to getting some feedback from you, Good night. :sleep

Yes, me too. Gotta drag my behind and work the saltmines tomorrow...Nighty night.

Snick, I really like the look of your orangutan. I'm done with my budget for a couple of months. I wish you luck with this one, I wish I could join you, I just can't at the current time.

No worries. I'm strapped for cash too or I would be giving them away.

Sticks/Snick - I was to about create the rubber molds for both rear doors of the ape wagon today. Then realized the doors weren't yet done. So I had to build the "locking mechanism" on the 2 rear doors of the ape wagon today. It doesn't really lock, it just adds visual interest.

ANG - This is going to be great. I luv this attention to detail.

Hey, I just noted my join date... I've been here for a year!!!!!!!

Let's hear it guys....

Happy Anniversary Jungle!!!!

ANG & JOM Happy Anniversary! Your insight has added so much to this forum. Not to mention that incredible Nova outfit and chair that reside in my collection.

Planet of the Men is worth reading.

Last edited:
As a child I didn't take well to Cornelius' and Zira's death. Since I received my Legacy collection I tried to watch Escape but always seem to avoid the ending.

Me too. Seeing Roddy do his "blow 'n choke" action right in the camera before he took the plunge on the ship was a bit to hard to take as an eight year old. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I also found the death of young Cornelius in Battle VERY sad when I was young.

In hindsight these films were rather brutal for "G" rated family fare. :google :google :google

I came across an article regarding the human clothing from Planet of the Apes. The brown material is palm bark or fiber. Did anybody else know of this? No wonder it's so hard to capture that look when you try to make the costume for 1:6 scale!!

https://pota.goatley.com/marvel_uk.html

You want issue 32, part 3, for an interview with costumer Wally Harton.

Jess.

Sorry Kfog... I didn't realize you joined at about the same time Angel and I did.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KFOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy anniversary back to Jungle, Angel, and whoever I may have missed!:chew

Hey Jessica, you sure did zoom past me on your posting! Blah, Blah, Blah! Just kidding!:lecture:lurking

Last edited:
Kfog--I received the horse blanket--thank you. I really like it. What's great about it is that on the wrong side of the fabric, you cannot see the weave like you can in most of the fake fur fabrics out there.

Jess.

Back