Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kfog--I received the horse blanket--thank you. I really like it. What's great about it is that on the wrong side of the fabric, you cannot see the weave like you can in most of the fake fur fabrics out there.

Jess.

Hi Jess, I agree, the blanket material can also be used for both scales including Mego and Sideshow. So, it took only two days to get to you? I sent it out wednesday and I take it that you received it on Friday right? Glad you like it!:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing those screenshots of the Zaius glyphs, Angel.

Did you happen to see any showing off the boot glyphs?

Ditto, Angel. Thanks for posting those really yummy pictures of the glyphs. Now I really want to get my paws on a Dr. Zaius doll...but I feel like getting a regular Dr. Zaius and adjusting his outfit. I'm not home at the moment--it's driving me nuts. I want to be home crafting, but we're hanging out at my mom's house...

Jess.

Actually, those are the pictures I sent to Snickertown and he sent them to the sculptor. He used those and the Aurora Zaius Model to fill in the gaps, when creating those cool glyphs.

I'll look for some of the "boot glyphs" tonight...

Last edited:
Bad news on the Boot Glyphs PZ. I can't find them anywhere in the movie. It seems as if they only put them on his boots for that one scene where Albina kills herself with the poison.

If you look closely, you can see them in the one shot here, but they are VERY SMALL. When Zaius leans over picks up the vile of poison the camera happens to be the wrong spot to photograph his boots.) See the 2nd picture.

Matts picture - pic #3 is the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Bad news on the Boot Glyphs PZ. I can't find them anywhere in the movie. It seems as if they only put them on his boots for that one scene where Albina kills herself with the poison.

If you look closely, you can see them in the one shot here, but they are VERY SMALL. When Zaius leans over picks up the vile of poison the camera happens to be the wrong spot to photograph his boots.) See the 2nd picture.

Matts picture - pic #3 is the best I've ever seen.

On the original movie, after Taylor rides off to freedom and Dr. Zaius has been untied by Lucius and Cornelius, Dr. Zaius gets up from the sand and you can see the boot glyphs there...but they look different from Matt's pic #3.

I guess also that SS did create the riding jacket from the original Planet of the Apes, since on that jacket he's got the leather going down the middle of the back. In the Beneath movie, the leather stripe down the back is not there. I never noticed this before.
Jess.

I never thought about looking at the end of the 1st movie Jess. I thought the boot glyphs first appeared with the Armageddon outfit in Beneath.

You were right here are some pics...

Last edited:
To me, Armando has lost some of his charector... I for one, would love to tell Ada to restore him back the the way he was and to just ensure his ears were level with each other.

I'm looking for 9 more opinions from those who have a vested interest. Where do we go from here?

Angel, I am still happy with the way he looks now. I love that he looks much younger with less fluff in his cheeks. I still really like it!! I am happy with the way he looks now. How can you make sure his ears are on the level?

Jess.

To me, Armando has lost some of his charector... I for one, would love to tell Ada to restore him back the the way he was and to just ensure his ears were level with each other.

I'm looking for 9 more opinions from those who have a vested interest. Where do we go from here?

I agree with Angel! Fix the ears and lets leave it at that.
:rolleyes:

What ape goodies is everyone working on?

I am 90% done with Taylor now. If only I could find the pants I made so I could take a full body shot. How can I make his hair better looking? And yes, I gotta touch up the forehead above the eyebrows...

ColonelGeorgeTaylor.jpg

Jess.

I'm curious where everyone is going to get the clothing for Armando, if you are going to make it, or use pre existing items. I have an outfit I put together from several different lines a few years ago that I'm pretty happy with, except his jacket is a light brown instead of dark. I'm hesitant to dye it, because the fabric is a synthetic with a fuzzy texture, I don't know if the dye will take.

What ape goodies is everyone working on?

I am 90% done with Taylor now. If only I could find the pants I made so I could take a full body shot. How can I make his hair better looking? And yes, I gotta touch up the forehead above the eyebrows...

ColonelGeorgeTaylor.jpg

Jess.

100% improvement Jess, Congrats! I think just a touch of blond in the beard and a bit of brown in the hair... Just a bit of brown, don't over do, and I think you've nailed it. The costume turned out great! The eye brow color is perfect!

For a non 1/6th, I love it! Even for a 1/6th I love it!

I'm curious where everyone is going to get the clothing for Armando, if you are going to make it, or use pre existing items. I have an outfit I put together from several different lines a few years ago that I'm pretty happy with, except his jacket is a light brown instead of dark. I'm hesitant to dye it, because the fabric is a synthetic with a fuzzy texture, I don't know if the dye will take.

I'm going to make mine because it's fun and I want to make his circus outfit. I don't think synthetics take well to dye. You should research that...I think there's one kind of very toxic dye that will color it if I remember from my knitting groups.

Jess.

Last edited:
100% improvement Jess, Congrats! I think just a touch of blond in the beard and a bit of brown in the hair... Just a bit of brown, don't over do, and I think you've nailed it. The costume turned out great! The eye brow color is perfect!

For a non 1/6th, I love it! Even for a 1/6th I love it!

Jungle, thank you so much for your compliments. It means a lot to me. And thanks a bunch for your help early on in directing me to the right path with the paint job. Even though this is Mego scale, there is so much talent in the 1:6 scale world that it makes me want to try harder.

Jess.

Wow Jessica, your Taylor is coming along great. I think I'm in for the Mego retros now.:monkey1

I see that Diamond Select is already issuing Gorilla Soldier / Cornelius, and Dr. Zauis / Zira. I can't wait for the T.V. series. I wonder if they will be adding to the original Mego line like they are doing with Star Trek line. :monkey5

I see that they are expanding the original Star Trek Mego line by adding Checkov and Khan (Space Seed). I'm sure Sulu is next. I wonder if there will be new aliens? :monkey5 We still need the Gorn, Cheron and that webbed green guy Neptunia. Will there be a Mudd?

It also appears that Diamond select will be releasing retro playsets too. Can a retro ape city be close on the horizon? I wonder if DS will make some mutans. :google

I'll be away for a while starting tomorrow when I start filming.

I will check in - in a couple of days. Keep up the good work. I hope to return with great images to share... Keep the :peace

Back