Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks--can't wait to see your pictures. Please don't burn yourself out. I wish there was some way I could help you. I will be there in spirit.

Angel--I still really like the sculpt the way it stands now.

I'm going to start on Zira's blouse tonight.

Hasslein--I want to make the circus outfit from the earlier movie, the one with the riding boots. Is there a 1:6 outfit like that available that you know of?

Jess.

Well, that Orangutan coat auction closed this weekend. Sadly I was not the final bidder... nor was I any bidder for that matter.

https://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/w...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320218419193&rd=1

Just hope the winning bidder was Paul Allen and that he will add it to his collection along with his Zaius and Cornelius costume at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle.

That way at least I can have visitation rights. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Wow Jessica, your Taylor is coming along great. I think I'm in for the Mego retros now.:monkey1

I see that Diamond Select is already issuing Gorilla Soldier / Cornelius, and Dr. Zauis / Zira. I can't wait for the T.V. series. I wonder if they will be adding to the original Mego line like they are doing with Star Trek line. :monkey5

I see that they are expanding the original Star Trek Mego line by adding Checkov and Khan (Space Seed). I'm sure Sulu is next. I wonder if there will be new aliens? :monkey5 We still need the Gorn, Cheron and that webbed green guy Neptunia. Will there be a Mudd?

It also appears that Diamond select will be releasing retro playsets too. Can a retro ape city be close on the horizon? I wonder if DS will make some mutans. :google

I'll be away for a while starting tomorrow when I start filming.

I will check in - in a couple of days. Keep up the good work. I hope to return with great images to share... Keep the :peace

My son is awaiting those Megos with baited breath. He already has enough allowance saved up to pick up the first two. It will be interesting to note if they expand the line like the Star Trek line.

And I think my son will literally lose his miond if they re-release the Village playset. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Good luck with the filming, Sticks! :D

I agree with Snickertown and Jess... I like the sculpt as it stands now. But I'll be happy with whatever is sent me.

Then will come the arduous task of clothing the dirty human. :D

We should create a support group within this thread to complete the task. :google :google :google

Well, that Orangutan coat auction closed this weekend. Sadly I was not the final bidder... nor was I any bidder for that matter.

https://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/w...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320218419193&rd=1

Just hope the winning bidder was Paul Allen and that he will add it to his collection along with his Zaius and Cornelius costume at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle.

That way at least I can have visitation rights. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

PZ, is that the museum that has the female orangutan in costume? I saw it on the internet and I should have saved the picture in my computer...

I forgot to watch that item--do you remember how much it went for?

I think Taylor's skivvies went for $14K, and the chimp green male tunic went for $6K.
Jess.

PZ, is that the museum that has the female orangutan in costume? I saw it on the internet and I should have saved the picture in my computer...

I forgot to watch that item--do you remember how much it went for?

I think Taylor's skivvies went for $14K, and the chimp green male tunic went for $6K.
Jess.

The link I enclosed in my original post was the link to the item's listing. The coat went for $9,500. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

And no, unfortunately, the Sci-fi Museum in Seattle does not have an orangutan costume on display. It is an amazing place nevertheless. :D

I'm almost there! Now to make ONE more mold, the final mold, for the hardest piece. Once that is accomplished, we'll all be seeing some ape wagons being put together.

I hope you guys have your horses ready...

That is great news! The horses are ready. I just need some artifical hay...for the back of the wagon and the horses.

I remember buying real miniature hay bails at Michaels. You can also part them out to use for straw in the cages. Also,

Jess I received that great looking sleeve material today. I really like the color and type of material. Great find! Much appreciated, Kent.:monkey1

I remember buying real miniature hay bails at Michaels. You can also part them out to use for straw in the cages. Also,

Jess I received that great looking sleeve material today. I really like the color and type of material. Great find! Much appreciated, Kent.:monkey1

Kfog, that material is 100% linen. I had been looking for it forever. Glad you like it. Wow. That took a long time to get to you, didn't it?

Jess.

Yep, sure did! Hey, who was looking for the sponge like material for the Icarus cockpit roof. I noticed some rubbery type material at Walmart that you use for cabinet liners. It was an off white color, but they may carry it in white.:monkey5

Hasslein--I want to make the circus outfit from the earlier movie, the one with the riding boots. Is there a 1:6 outfit like that available that you know of?

Jess.

Not that I'm aware of.

The Conquest Armando is much easier. I got the jacket from "soldiers of the world" figure, brown turtleneck from a puppetmaster figure, boots from WWII Gi joe... I don't remember where I took the pants from.

There was a Puppemaster figure, I don't know the name of the character, that had a cool black pleather jacket that I thought may have worked for "tent" Armando. I never picked it up though.

Not that I'm aware of.

The Conquest Armando is much easier. I got the jacket from "soldiers of the world" figure, brown turtleneck from a puppetmaster figure, boots from WWII Gi joe... I don't remember where I took the pants from.

There was a Puppemaster figure, I don't know the name of the character, that had a cool black pleather jacket that I thought may have worked for "tent" Armando. I never picked it up though.

Sweet! Then that will make my outfit much more unique, then!! I'm sure they have riding boots available. I just need some great screenshots--Angel, are you listening?

I have gobs and gobs of current projects (including the Escape outfit that I couldn't get to this evening :monkey2) and I am undertaking a new one. It seems all eyes are upon me, so I have to perform very well...:monkey2 It involves a sculpt and I have never done anything beyond operating tables, a hairdo and Dr. Zaius glyphs...Gulp.

Jess.

Yep, sure did! Hey, who was looking for the sponge like material for the Icarus cockpit roof. I noticed some rubbery type material at Walmart that you use for cabinet liners. It was an off white color, but they may carry it in white.:monkey5

KFOG - Thanks for the tip! I'll run over to Wallmart and see if I can find the material. Thx for the hay tip too.

Sweet! Then that will make my outfit much more unique, then!! I'm sure they have riding boots available. I just need some great screenshots--Angel, are you listening?

I have gobs and gobs of current projects (including the Escape outfit that I couldn't get to this evening :monkey2) and I am undertaking a new one. It seems all eyes are upon me, so I have to perform very well...:monkey2 It involves a sculpt and I have never done anything beyond operating tables, a hairdo and Dr. Zaius glyphs...Gulp.

Jess.

Jess- I'll hook you up with some Armando (Escape) screenshots I'm working late tonight, it'll have to be tomorrow. Hope you can wait. Didn't you want some Cornelius hairdos as well for your Mego figure? I'll do that tomorrow as well. If I forget... please remind me.

Jess- I'll hook you up with some Armando (Escape) screenshots I'm working late tonight, it'll have to be tomorrow. Hope you can wait. Didn't you want some Cornelius hairdos as well for your Mego figure? I'll do that tomorrow as well. If I forget... please remind me.

Armando is the least of my worries now, Angel, so definitely I am not rushing. I still have to get the body after all.

Cornelius screenshots are also non-rush...I'll remind you when I cross that bridge.

I want to focus on Zira's Escape outfit and another mini sewing project...

I am also mentally kicking around an idea that kept me awake all night...I hate when my mind wants to process stuff and I want to get sleep. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Jess.

Is it a secret Jess? What's this new project you plan on sculpting? You got me wondering! :google

False alarm!! My project just totally changed! I'm going to hydrospan something instead of sculpt from scratch. This is good because it will give me a chance to practice making a mold and then casting it. But...it still has me thinking that I want to try to sculpt the Lawgiver from scratch just to get something to monkey with and to practice how to sculpt. Gotta start somewhere, and the Lawgiver looks very stylized so if I muck up, maybe nobody (except eagle eyes Jungle) would notice....:monkey1 Not that it's a bad thing--actually it's a great skill!

Jess.

Last edited:
Back