Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kfog--Angel posted this before for the boots:

Hi Jess! It is very hard to make out. I am talking about the two Glyphs that came from Matt Sotis. I am not sure if they go on the boots or not and if they do, which side faces up.:confused:

Hi Jess! It is very hard to make out. I am talking about the two Glyphs that came from Matt Sotis. I am not sure if they go on the boots or not and if they do, which side faces up.:confused:

I think the two glyphs do go to the boots, but I am not sure which side faces up. It was very hard to get clear screenshot. I am waiting to see how everyone else will put theirs on...

Are you using an exclusive Zaius to put your Armageddon glyphs on?

Those two glyphs that come attached to the same piece of tape that the chest glyph is attached to is DEFINITELY the boot glyphs. However, there has been no definitive way establish as to how they should be placed since the sculpt itself is a rough estimation. I assumed that the way they face on the piece of tape (in relation to the chest glyph) is the way they go. They should be longer than wider when applied to the boot.

It was posted a few pages back that the sculpt was partly based on the Addar Zaius model kit. Since I do not have that kit anymore, I can not use it as a reference. Geez, I can't believe I don't have those model kits. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I am considering not putting them on the figure since Zaius apparently only wear them in one scene of Beneath while wearing the Armageddon Garb. However... they DO make the figure look a bit more snazzier. :D

Matt, from Kfog's last post of the new glyphs---they look totally HOT. Darn, they look awfully great.

I have to wait until I get my Dr. Zaius--maybe next week?:monkey2

I took a mini-vacation so I will be home MTW next week. Monday will be "me" time doing crafts while everybody's out of the house. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Last edited:
Angel, I found your to-do list, and even though you will be making the mutant church, I see you did not add the ape church. I think you need to make the ape church, because it would look spectacular. Just my two cents...

Kfog, you'll never catch up with my posts now...

Jess.

Last edited:
I think the two glyphs do go to the boots, but I am not sure which side faces up. It was very hard to get clear screenshot. I am waiting to see how everyone else will put theirs on...

Are you using an exclusive Zaius to put your Armageddon glyphs on?

Hi Jess! I plan on altering a regular Zaius top. I actually have some leather that closely matches the ss Armageddon top and will literally make a more acurate top. I can attach the leather to the front opening of the Classic Zaius top and then at the front chest Glyph. I will send pictures of the leather that I have over the weekend.:D

:monkey1
Those two glyphs that come attached to the same piece of tape that the chest glyph is attached to is DEFINITELY the boot glyphs. However, there has been no definitive way establish as to how they should be placed since the sculpt itself is a rough estimation. I assumed that the way they face on the piece of tape (in relation to the chest glyph) is the way they go. They should be longer than wider when applied to the boot.

It was posted a few pages back that the sculpt was partly based on the Addar Zaius model kit. Since I do not have that kit anymore, I can not use it as a reference. Geez, I can't believe I don't have those model kits. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I am considering not putting them on the figure since Zaius apparently only wear them in one scene of Beneath while wearing the Armageddon Garb. However... they DO make the figure look a bit more snazzier. :D

Hi Proto! I would have to agree with your assumption. I had came to that conclusion also! Thanks, Kfog!

Can the SS Ursus boots be painted to look like the Exclusive Zaius Boots? The Exclusive Zaius suit is definately the one worn at the end of Planet of the Apes and at the beginning of Beneath. I say to leave that one as is and to alter the Classic Zaius into an Armageddon Zaius.:monkey1

Last edited:
Angel, I found your to-do list, and even though you will be making the mutant church, I see you did not add the ape church. I think you need to make the ape church, because it would look spectacular. Just my two cents...

Kfog, you'll never catch up with my posts now...

Jess.

Hi Jess! Go ahead and blab away! I enjoy your posts! Talk atcha later!:chew

You're right Jess, the Ape church is not on the "to do list". How did that NOT happen? I know the Orangutan Preacher with the purple robe is there though. I'll add it to the list. I'd like to see that church scene very much!

Here's a chimp head that I sliced open several weeks ago. I need to put some teeth in him and "bushy up" his hair a little bit. I was considering making a Dr. Galen figure with him.

Angel, I am curious about how you are going to deal with Dr. Galen's arms. I know you have mentioned before that you prefer sculpted hair because once you put hair on the apes, you've got to hair the rest of them...or was that Jungle? Senior moment...But I think I remember you said you preferred sculpted hair.

Jess.

Matt, from Kfog's last post of the new glyphs---they look totally HOT. Darn, they look awfully great.

I have to wait until I get my Dr. Zaius--maybe next week?:monkey2

I took a mini-vacation so I will be home MTW next week. Monday will be "me" time doing crafts while everybody's out of the house. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I don't know if I mentioned it, but that seller running the Zaius Excluisve auction awhile back sent me a Second Chance Offer as well. I ended up taking the seller up on it netting him for $45 shipped (he agreed to send the figure loose to lower shipping). I could probably wait and get him cheaper sometime later but the buying bug hit me hard. Besides, it did get him less than retail, right? :eek:

I did receive my Zaius today... the seller even sent him in his box. Weird? Anyway, you don't have to worry about me bidding on another Zaius auction. In fact, I bought another regular loose Zaius last week for only $20 so I'm currently swimiming in organutans. :rolleyes:

Now I really need to beef up my gorilla garrison. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Last edited:
Can the SS Ursus boots be painted to look like the Exclusive Zaius Boots? The Exclusive Zaius suit is definately the one worn at the end of Planet of the Apes and at the beginning of Beneath. I say to leave that one as is and to alter the Classic Zaius into an Armageddon Zaius.:monkey1

Zaius boots don't have the buckles on the side like the gorilla ones do... otherwise, they look to be the very same boot... the same sculpt. If you can some how remove the buckles from the boot and paint them, you might be in business.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but that seller running the Zaius Excluisve auction awhile back sent me a Second Chance Offer as well. I ended up taking the seller up on it netting him for $45 shipped (he agreed to send the figure loose to lower shipping). I could probably wait and get him cheaper sometime later but the buying bug hit me hard. Besides, it did get him less than retail, right? :eek:

I did receive my Zaius today... the seller even sent him in his box. Weird? Anyway, you have the worry about bidding on another Zaius auction. In fact, I bought another regular loose Zaius last week for only $20 so I'm currently swimiming in organutans. :rolleyes:

Now I really need to beef up my gorilla garrison. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

PZ, that is excellent. You are making me a jealous monkey. I just purchased 4 SS non-exclusive apes today: Dr. Zaius, Zira, Cornelius, Ursus. I am hoping all will go well with the purchase since I have not heard anything after payment except that I did get a paypal receipt...I think I need to get another Dr. Zaius...or just break my monkey out of the box as you had posted before.

Angel, you are such an expert at these facial surgeries. We should start calling you Dr. Angel from now on.

Jess.

PZ, that is excellent. You are making me a jealous monkey. I just purchased 4 SS non-exclusive apes today: Dr. Zaius, Zira, Cornelius, Ursus. I am hoping all will go well with the purchase since I have not heard anything after payment except that I did get a paypal receipt...I think I need to get another Dr. Zaius...or just break my monkey out of the box as you had posted before.

Jess.

Congratulations on your purchase Jess! Hope there are no hang ups. To quote another film saga... "you've just taken your first step in a larger world." Literally. :D

Jess took the bait! She is now a 1/6th collector! Welcome to the corn field, I mean the Planet of the Apes. I am still looking for the same style corn to give you. I donot remeber where I got the other two.:cool:

Hi Angel! I plan on going to my Mothers today and asking if she could help me make the Zaius Armaggedon outfit from the Classic. I plan on shortening the top, add the russet colored leather in the front and then applying the Glyphs. Is there anything that I might be missing? Thanks, Kent.:rolleyes:

I need to show you the human that I painted. The same one I usually show, but I painted the body. He looks pretty dirty. By the way, how are the head sculpts coming along, or are you still busy with the wagon and other things?:monkey1

Back