Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Zaius Armageddon Zaius Figure) I took a trip to my Mothers and she helped me alter this top taken from the SS Zaius figure. She removed the original ss Glyphs, shortened the original Zaius top, put some slits on each side, and added some real leather. I actually helped by adding the four snaps (sewing circle). Now, the real leather is darker than the SS Simulated leather, but it works for me. I will add pictures!:monkey5

Kfog, is your mom also going to adjust the arms and add leather strips where the glyphs go...including part of the back?

Looks great.

Jess.

Kfog, is your mom also going to adjust the arms and add leather strips where the glyphs go...including part of the back?

Looks great.

Jess.

Hi Jess! No, I am just applying to the cloth. My Mother is 72 and she really had a problem doing this for me. It is because of her eyes and dealing with a sewing machine that did not cooperate. I will be posting pics in a couple minutes.:rolleyes:

The last three Glyphs on the leaft arm have Talcom Powder on them. Those particular three arrived to me kind of glossy and sticky and I was told to put baby powder on them and then wash them off. Obviously, this did not work.:monkey2

Here is another pic and also a comparison of my real leather WWII Japanese boots as compared to the Zaius boots. I wish that I could indent the front of the boots to make the split toe.:rolleyes:

Here is another pic and also a comparison of my real leather WWII Japanese boots as compared to the Zaius boots. I wish that I could indent the front of the boots to make the split toe.:rolleyes:

Kfog, where do you get such boots? They look super cool...

Forgot to say that the glyphs down the arm look great even without the leather strip.

Jess.

Last edited:
He does not look at all like Dodge. Is there any way you can doctor him up?

Jess.

Hi Jess! Yes, I know a painter that also adds hair such as beards. I think that he could make this sculpt look more like the bearded Dodge. I was referring to a clean shaven Dodge such as the one in the publicity photo.:D

He does not look at all like Dodge. Is there any way you can doctor him up?

Jess.

Hi Jess! Aplace called New Line Miniatures sells 1/6th scale Military items. There boots are made with real leather and usually cost around $15.00 a pair.:monkey5

Kfog those new thinner glyphs really look good. That is a 100% better than the really thicl ones posted by Proto earlier! These are actually to scale.

Kfog those new thinner glyphs really look good. That is a 100% better than the really thicl ones posted by Proto earlier! These are actually to scale.

I agree, I thought so too!:cool: The only real frustrating thing about this project was the glue seeping over onto the cloth from under the glyphs. I think that I got it as clean as I could. I do think that it turned out well though.

Matt, from Kfog's last post of the new glyphs---they look totally HOT. Darn, they look awfully great.

I have to wait until I get my Dr. Zaius--maybe next week?:monkey2

Ah, music to my ears. I checked my Addar Zaius, and there are no boot glyphs, but here's another reference photo:

zaius_costume_003.jpg

Back