Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... some screen are self-explanatory. :rolleyes:

Can't say the same for Snickertown... or Kfog... or Stickman... or our former general Ironman who is no longer with us. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Ironman will be back... He just sent me some gorilla boots in the mail. Thanks I/M. Give it time... he'll be back. I can just sense it. :)

I've thought about re-doing the sleeves too... making the leather strip down the sleeves narrower for the glyphs. But I'm not so good at sewing. I would probably make a big mess of it.

What are you doing about the extra leather strip down Zaius's back?

I bought an opened Sideshow Zaius and cut up his costume and then glued it on the Armageddon jacket.

Jess - Sadly, the Hasbro glyphs are close but they don't have the detail and the glyph on the back. It seemed easier to just recreate the whole thing as a sculpt. The whole project turned out to be pretty cheap.

ANG - Tuesday I'll post some pix of the eggcrate material. It isn't 100% but it's close enough.

I bought an opened Sideshow Zaius and cut up his costume and then glued it on the Armageddon jacket.

I have a extra Zaius jacket too... I was thinking shortening the robe of my regular Zaius (since the Sideshow robe is a bit too long) and use the excess to fill up the back leather strip on my exclusive. I think I can take off nearly an inch and be okay to still use the robe for my extra Zaius.

Boy, I sure have my work cut out for me. Unlike the rest of you guys, I'm really new at this custom stuff! :google :google :google

Jungle/KFog - Looks like we can recruit Proto and Snick to the sewing circle.

Let's get some Balitore Spumante! It's a landmark day, first the wagon nears completion and now the invite to the sewing circle.

PZ - Instead of sewing use fabric glue. BTW, that was an interesting story about the PZ name. I never would have guessed that one.

ANG - If you're going to make a ship let me send you the chair parts. Everything is sitting in silicone or I would have sent an updated photo.

Glad to hear the thinner glyphs turned out.

Once again, my fervor for the Apes has been rekindled! It is so very exciting to see what is going on in everyone's ape-dom....and I am EXCITED to know about seeing Ironman once again. I miss the General.

I'll have to re-read these posts again later, and reabsorb all of the beautiful screenshots. Angel, are you planning to make a church? I think it would be wonderful if you made a church. I am not sure if it was part of your very long list...I think it would be awesome.

Congrats to PZ for joining the sewing circle! I use glue sometimes instead of pinning the fabric, but then I go over it again with a sewing machine just because I'm afraid of it falling apart later, but Snick, that's an awesome time-saver you just brought up. Fabric glue is great...I never thought of using it instead of stitching up the fabric.

Bye now. Time for this monkey to snack. I might be up late tonight since I am having a decaf latte. Somehow I think they lied about it being decaf...

Jess.

I welcome you all to the sewing circle... Kfog and I are the founding members!

By the way, my screen name was just a mistake. I wanted it to be Jungle Jim, as in the old Johnny Weissmuller film series and TV show "Jungle Jim". My name being Jim and this being an Ape thread I thought it worked on many levels. Now if you look at your keyboard the "I" is right next to the "O". Me, being a terrible typist, I missed the "I" and hit the "O".

So... Now I'm Jungle Jom!

[Weissmuller was also the only Tarzan (for me) and he co-starred with a chimp]

(As of this date, Cheeta is still alive and is the oldest known chimpanzee)

By the way, my screen name was just a mistake. I wanted it to be Jungle Jim, as in the old Johnny Weissmuller film series and TV show "Jungle Jim". My name being Jim and this being an Ape thread I thought it worked on many levels. Now if you look at your keyboard the "I" is right next to the "O". Me, being a terrible typist, I missed the "I" and hit the "O".

I remember hiting the i instead of the o and called you "Jingle".

And please refrain from "Jingle" .... Only until Christmas, then "Jingle" works just right!

That's a funny story... I would never have guessed it. It reminds me of the story of how the video game Donkey Kong got it's name. It too was a mis-spelling... it was originally going to be called Monkey Kong. However, the "D" key is nowherre near the "M" key so I wonder what their excuse.

I heard chimpanzees get VERY cranky and angry when they get old... so... WOW... that Cheeta is probably one onery ol' cuss.

KFog - look at page 553 and 554 for pix of the Forbidden Zone Zaius glyphs.

Hi Angel. I have today (Good Friday) off! At work, they call it a Spring Holiday! It reminds me of the Posters you and Jungle did about a Spring Festival. Anyway, thanks for the info from above, Kent.:cool:

Hi Angel. I have today (Good Friday) off! At work, they call it a Spring Holiday! It reminds me of the Posters you and Jungle did about a Spring Festival. Anyway, thanks for the info from above, Kent.:cool:

"Summer Festival"... The Poster is "New York is a Summer Festival"

Here are some outside shots. Please note that the large shoulder piece has yet to be attached permenantly to the figure.
img1506sj5.jpg
img1516rz4.jpg

img1509mj9.jpg
img1507eg0.jpg

Hi ProtoZaius! I have looking at how you placed your Glyphs! I received my Forbidden Zone and Classic Zaius Glyphs yesterday. I see where most of the Glyphs go for the Forbidden Zone Zaius, but there are two Glyphs that came with the chest glyph. Are those the boot Glyphs and if so, in what direction are they to be placed on the boots?:confused: I also ask this question to Matt, Chris, Angel and all. Thankyou!

I would also like to get a picture of the Classic Zaius Glyphs placed for reference. Thanks again, kfog.:D

Back