Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m glad to hear that Jess! I’m really looking forward to getting something new that I don’t have to make!

By the way, like most things, prices are always going up. In 3 days from now, custom heads that we take on will cost $230 each, not $200. Ada just sent me an e-mail to let all her customers know of the small increase.

Just wanted you guys to know…

Here is the blouse. I need to add the cuffs, finish the front and bottom edges, and add snaps. It's almost done!!!!

Angel, do you like it?

Custom045.jpg

Here is another photo of my Caesar Che silkscreen on my oldest boy.

The star is painted with red 3D paint.
Custom044.jpg

I’m glad to hear that Jess! I’m really looking forward to getting something new that I don’t have to make!

By the way, like most things, prices are always going up. In 3 days from now, custom heads that we take on will cost $230 each, not $200. Ada just sent me an e-mail to let all her customers know of the small increase.

Just wanted you guys to know…

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I will pay for the increase if she can whip up spot-on frickintastic heads--like Brent and now Armando...

Jess.

The material is now behaving--it's not so slippery with the lining and it's no longer see-through. It was bothering me to see the threads and seams, giving it an overall cheap look to it as if were made out of curtain material. The sleeves weren't that difficult. What will be tough is fashioning the working cuffs but I think this scale is much easier to handle than Mego.

Jess.

Hope your day gets better.

Last edited:
Wow, Jess. That looks great. She is going to look awesome. I hope Sideshow is paying attention. :tap

Here's a rare peek just for you PZ:D Nothing special, but a group of Dr.s just hanging out.

IMG_0847a.jpg

Wow, Jess. That looks great. She is going to look awesome. I hope Sideshow is paying attention. :tap

Here's a rare peek just for you PZ:D Nothing special, but a group of Dr.s just hanging out.

IMG_0847a.jpg

Sticks, this is really exciting to see your awesome photographs and your scenery. You did a great job naturalizing the carved out seats for your Dr. Z's. The whole thing looks wonderful and makes me wish I could see more. Good luck with your filming.

I was just about to get going on her cuffs! I wanted to review my pics first on my e-mail, to make sure I make them screen-accurate...I forgot to print them out.

Angel the wagon brings me a big smile. :monkey5 It looks awesome! Ohhh, I can't wait!:monkey5

Sorry about all the same head sculpts. Maybe later down the road. :monkey3

Angel did you get the other 3 Top Secret files earlier? :lol

Jessica, will this blouse be made in bulk? That looks too real to pass up.

After this film I may have a lot of items for trade, I'll see.

I have soooo much to dooo....... in such little time...

Last edited:
Sticks - You need some more (different) orangutan heads! :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Angel, I was thinking the same thing, but I know that with the upcoming deadline, I didn't think Sticks would have enough time.

I am slowly sewing together the cuffs, some hand-sewn and some machine-sewn. This is way easier than Mego scale, guys. I am enjoying it, and hopefully, the end product will show it.

Jess.

Sticks, thanks for the comments! It's not going to be mass produced, but anything for my ape buddies...The only other thing is that I won't have enough of this blouse fabric to make another one. I will keep a lookout for it, though. I might make one for myself.

PS...Thanks also to D. Martin.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I would like to let Angel know that, that wagon is looking just scruptious! Mark, I may be going to Comic Con in Sandiego. It is only a 6 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix. Get those pics to Protozaius to show the SS people and I bet that you get their attention.

Jess, I noticed that you had the Maroon Velvet material! Does it go with the outfit that you made for Zira? You are pretty handy with the sewing machine! I really like how you are perfecting your craft. I thought that the Taylor was fantastic and you also did a great job on the Zira blouse.

IMG_0847a.jpg

Stickman, I really love your setup here! Different sculpts will come eventually, but I think that they all look really cool huddled together as in the movies. The structure that they are setting on looks to the movie. It made me think of the scenery rocks that the pool places sell. I will have to take a stroll over to Paddock pools and see if they sell that type of rock decore. They are usually made out of a light plastic I believe. I also have seen fake rocks that people use for their home to hide keys in. Great job and keep up the great work. It is truly noticed.:D:cool::rolleyes:

Angel, I am ready to put the snaps on the cuffs and front of the blouse, but I only have black ones. I think silver would look better. Do you have any silver snaps that are SS-sized? Reason why I am asking is because I have to order some snaps from the internet because they don't have any of the correct size in the fabric shops around here. I could also swing by the store and get some plastic ones that are clear but the plastic ones are BIG compared to the SS-sized ones although they do lie flatter. I will wait until I hear from you.

This is how the blouse looks after I have finished the front and bottom edges, and attached the working cuffs. I am going to add 3 seed beads to the cuffs to simulate buttons.

Now onto the vest.

escape003.jpg

Jess.

Last edited:
I am 80% done with the vest now. Just finishing the edge of the armholes, and then I will finish the bottom edge. I will also add seed beads for buttons, and I can use my black snaps on this. The black snaps won't look bad with such a dark fabric. My kindergartener has the stomach flu so it looks like I will have to stay home tomorrow and I can post photos then.

Now onto the skirt...

You have a lot of options for the waistband. I just want you to be happy with the end product:

Do you want the front of the skirt to have a flat waistband with an elasticized waistband towards the back?
Or do you want a skirt that has an elasticized waistband all around?
Or do you want a skirt with no waistband? If so, do you want snap closures or hook and eye closures?
Can I add a kick pleat in the back of the skirt? The skirt is long enough to be called a hobble skirt, but if you add the kick pleat, walking/posing for her will be easier.

Sorry guys if I'm boring you with the details. I can probably e-mail all of this nitty-gritty stuff to Angel if it bothers you.

Jess.

Last edited:
The attached pictures are NOT of my wagon. These resin wagon pieces belong to Sticks and Snick.

It looks as though I’m going to have to use a different type of resin for the bars of the cage. The resin I’m currently using is a less expensive resin and is ideal for the larger items, however it is not as strong as the more expensive resin. The bars really need more strength. Right now they are just too brittle/breakable.

I did a test and the more expensive resin is perfect for the cage bars. It has more strength and flexibility.

That’s about it for me; I’ve been making all these parts for nearly 8 hours. It’s time to get out of the house. My wash machine died and it’s time to pick out a new one.

This is turning out really well. It's so close to being finished.

That's a shame about the resin but that's an easy fix. Let Sticks and I know how much we need to send for the stronger resin.

Sorry to hear about your washing machine. They aren't cheap.

JESS - Your sewing project looks great.

STICKS - Luv the new photo.

Angel, I am ready to put the snaps on the cuffs and front of the blouse, but I only have black ones. I think silver would look better. Do you have any silver snaps that are SS-sized? Reason why I am asking is because I have to order some snaps from the internet because they don't have any of the correct size in the fabric shops around here. I could also swing by the store and get some plastic ones that are clear but the plastic ones are BIG compared to the SS-sized ones although they do lie flatter. I will wait until I hear from you.

This is how the blouse looks after I have finished the front and bottom edges, and attached the working cuffs. I am going to add 3 seed beads to the cuffs to simulate buttons.

Now onto the vest.

escape003.jpg

Jess.

Wow! I really like your handiwork Jess. I'll look for the silver snaps you're needing once I get home later tonight. How many silver snaps are you needing? I'm sure I can locate some.

I'll be in touch with you later tonight. I plan on boxing up all of your new ape things tonight! I could then throw the silver snaps in the same box.

Talk 2 you later! I'm looking forward to seeing the vest. Oh by the way, I have no preference on the skirt details. I leave that in your capable hands. I trust your judgement 100%. Thanks for asking. You're doing a GREAT job!!!

Last edited:
This is turning out really well. It's so close to being finished.

That's a shame about the resin but that's an easy fix. Let Sticks and I know how much we need to send for the stronger resin.

STICKS/SNICK: The good news is the jailbars of the cage really don't require an awful lot of the stronger resin. I'll get you guys the qtys required and send you both an e-mail with the details after I figure it out. The good news is: I'll have left over resin to make you guys some others things.

Back