Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel--I will need 6 for the top--one for each cuff and 4 for the front of the blouse. Maybe it's over-kill, but I want to make sure the blouse lays flat underneath the vest.

Jess.

STICKS/SNICK: The good news is the jailbars of the cage really don't require an awful lot of the stronger resin. I'll get you guys the qtys required and send you both an e-mail with the details after I figure it out. The good news is: I'll have left over resin to make you guys some others things.

That's great. Thank you for offering to cast some choice items from your collection.

Here is the vest. Still need to finish the bottom edge and cinch the waist a bit more to show off her figure (it's just pinned in the back)...but I think it's getting there. I thought I found perfect hot pink fabric for the scarf, but it's too thick and doesn't work well with the scale.

Jess.

escape004.jpg

Hi everyone! I would like to let Angel know that, that wagon is looking just scruptious! Mark, I may be going to Comic Con in Sandiego. It is only a 6 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix. Get those pics to Protozaius to show the SS people and I bet that you get their attention.

Jess, I noticed that you had the Maroon Velvet material! Does it go with the outfit that you made for Zira? You are pretty handy with the sewing machine! I really like how you are perfecting your craft. I thought that the Taylor was fantastic and you also did a great job on the Zira blouse.

Kfog, yes...the maroon velvet material is for her swing jacket, but I'm not sure if it will hang well with the scale. That's my first choice for the swing jacket and hopefully it will work. If not, I will need to keep looking. Wish me luck.

Angel, with the way I'm plowing through this sewing project, I will definitely finish before SDCC and hopefully I can take a few nice shots for PZ to take to SS.

Jess.

Jessica - I just bought some silver sew-on snaps. They're the same size as the ones on the Sideshow gorilla vest. Is that the size you're after? I hope so.

I'm gathering up your items and looking for a box.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures! :blissy

Angel, yes...the silver sew-on snaps would look better on the pink than black sew-on snaps. That's the size I'm after--I think that's the smallest the snaps come.

I will try working on the skirt later and finish up the vest.
Jess.

After this, I've got 6 Mego-sized ANSA suits to consider. I'm going to do one ANSA suit inbetween other projects or I'm going to go to the mad house....

Jess.

Angel--I will need 6 for the top--one for each cuff and 4 for the front of the blouse. Maybe it's over-kill, but I want to make sure the blouse lays flat underneath the vest.

Jess.

Jess - Are you sure you need one snap for each cuff? Consider the way Zira's hands "pops" off. You may not need to sew the snaps on each cuff. It might look better without the snaps. (Less bulky.) It would also be less work... I think. Couldn't the cuffs just be sewed shut and then "pop" her hands back on after she was wearing the blouse? I'm going to send the package of snaps to you and let you make the call.

Last edited:
It would look so much better if I sewed it shut tightly and then you can pop her hands on. I didn't realize that her hands popped on and off...which is why I was trying to make the cuffs be able to open and close....duh!!

Jess.

Angel, I still can't believe you sculpted Elta's face. She is really beautiful to me.

Thanks for the pics...I was actually trying to dislocate Zira's wrists last night!! I was definitely expecting it to pop off quite differently from what you have pictured. I tried it this morning and yes, you are right again...Thank goodness you provided a
photo for my reference.

I stopped by the fabric store to get some seed beads, and found some snaps that are the right size and decided to buy a bunch. They never carried them before...and I also got some hot pink material for Zira's scarf. I'm going to see how it looks tonight and take a photo.
Jess.

Last edited:
Angel, here's the cuff detail. I will sew them shut. I was rushing to catch the last of the light of day, so the seed beads are not exactly the same size. I will look through the package and make sure they match. I just wanted you to see how cute it will look with this detail.

escape017.jpg

Angel,

This photo shows the hot pink scarf--need to get a better one. I have said before that my remembering colors is not very great. Looking at the photo references again and viewing my picture below, I need to keep looking for the perfect pink scarf. I will seal the ends with fraycheck and make sure it looks cleaner than this, when I do find that perfect color....

You can see the black seed beads (couldn't find burgundy seed beads) going down the front of the vest. I didn't have a chance to finish the whole row of beads. Or, if you prefer, I can get burgundy string and do a row of French knots down the front to simulate the buttons. Do you have a preference?

escape020.jpg

Last edited:
Back