Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that this wash rag may be too light to pass for a virdon shirt. What do the forum members think? :confused:

I think that this wash rag may be too light to pass for a virdon shirt. What do the forum members think? :confused:

The color is a little off, and also the texture is too nubby. Keep looking. I still have to find my pants that are hiding from me--I think they would be perfect for the shirt. I need to find those and photograph it so I can get your opinion.

Here is Burke's shirt. What do you guys think? I will add fray check to the inside of the brown sweater material to prevent any more fraying. After my husband told me get a life, it seemed most fitting to use his shirt. :mwaha

IMG_3520.jpg

Last edited:
My eyes always follow Zira when she's in the film. I didn't realize they had so many ape kids at this scene.
apes6.jpg

I love this shot of gorillas with their whips.
apes7.jpg

I have not seen this angle of the cage before. Check out the architecture of the structure. This would be quite tall if you made one for 1:6 scale.
apes5.jpg

I like the cage picture, you can also see a bomb in it's structure. A prelude to what was to come?

STICKS - Hurry back to all of us here in Ape City.

FYI buddy - I spent the past 4 hours with a utility knife in my hand making your ape wagon pieces "pretty”. :cool:

I'm about to spend another 4 hours now fixing up the other ape wagon for SNICK. You guys are going to love the details in it! The jail bars outside (and inside) of the wagon look great!

Back to whittling, scraping and cutting... :angelsmil

Wooo-Hooo! Sweet, This is great news indeed!

I'm thinking on packing up all my apes that have been living in my living room and trying to break down the set tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to be able to save it. :monkey2

But we'll see. :monkey4

I'm thinking on packing up all my apes that have been living in my living room and trying to break down the set tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to be able to save it. :monkey2

That doesn't sound good, Sticks--I hope you have taken a LOT of photographs to remember it by.

I have a SS commercial spot to remember it by, one you will be able to see hopefully at the end of June when they post it on their site, then the world can see it's grandeur.

That will be a sight to behold.

:banana:banana:banana

I sure hope so, I can't wait to have everyone here see it, and tell me what they think.

I need to get some more DVD's and when I finally do, I'll make you a copy of my "A World's Desire" project, with the Star Trek / Planet of the Apes crossover. :D

I didn't notice the bomb before you pointed that out.

The design has no architectural purpose only an esthetic one. Everything in film or the mise en scène has a purpose. To me the bomb looks pretty distinguishable, so I wonder if that is what it really was intended to be.

Hi Sticks! Too bad you couldn't part the set out, then number the pieces, and then store them in your attic.
:confused:

The color is a little off, and also the texture is too nubby. Keep looking. I still have to find my pants that are hiding from me--I think they would be perfect for the shirt. I need to find those and photograph it so I can get your opinion.

Here is Burke's shirt. What do you guys think? I will add fray check to the inside of the brown sweater material to prevent any more fraying. After my husband told me get a life, it seemed most fitting to use his shirt. :mwaha

IMG_3520.jpg

Sure enough Jess! Way to go on your husbands shirt. I also thought that the texture was too thick and "nubby". and that the color lacked a little reddish tint to it. Is this what your husband did when he saw the shirt?:horror and what you did when he asked about it?:huh

Back