Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The color is a little off, and also the texture is too nubby. Keep looking. I still have to find my pants that are hiding from me--I think they would be perfect for the shirt. I need to find those and photograph it so I can get your opinion.

Here is Burke's shirt. What do you guys think? I will add fray check to the inside of the brown sweater material to prevent any more fraying. After my husband told me get a life, it seemed most fitting to use his shirt. :mwaha

IMG_3520.jpg

That blue shirt you made looks great! I think it is PERFECT! My only suggestion is that the sleeves might be a bit longer so that his joints don't show.

The vest material seems to "sweater like" to me. Does he wear a sweater, or more of a burlap bag? I'll have to look at those pics IM recently posted. Not sure about that vest just yet...

Last edited:
I hate to be the picky one Jess, but I don't like that vest material now that I see it on him. It just seems to "sweater like" to me.

Here are some pictures of his vest. To me, this material isn't a sweater it's, it's, it's... I don't know what that material is! Whatever it is, it seems to be the same material as Virdons shirt in photo #1

It seems that Virdon wore 2 different color shirts if you look at picture #1 and #3.

Last edited:
I remember someone dropping of a wide roll of thick white gauze material to use for cleaning at work. It almost reminds me of that shirt material. I have some pictures to post.

Here are some items that I want all to check out and what I can use them for. I think that the shoes would go perfect for Burke and Virdon.

Let's see the material in those "garage rags" that you once spoke about...

Yes, great memory Angel. They are the typical reddish garage rags that you can pick up at any checker auto, auto zone, or pep boys. Nice going. By the way Angel, the Ursus helmet fits perfectly and looks outstanding. Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

I actually made that purplish Gorilla pants and shirt from that same type of material.:monkey1

Yes, great memory Angel. They are the typical reddish garage rags that you can pick up at any checker auto, auto zone, or pep boys. Nice going. By the way Angel, the Ursus helmet fits perfectly and looks outstanding. Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

Did you ever try using RIT dye remover on those garage rags? How about Bleach? If they can be lightened, and then dyed, I'm thinking that's the kind of material that Burkes vest is made of.:angelsmil

It is gray and I was going to dye it brown. Do I have to bleach it first?

I think the brown dye should cover it. However, I think it would look best if you used RIT DYE remover and that will lighten it in a big way. Then you should dye it brown. You'll get a truer color that way.

Here are some items that I want all to check out and what I can use them for. I think that the shoes would go perfect for Burke and Virdon.

I think those shoes would work fine for Burke and Virdon. I haven't seen anything better out there have you? What figure did you get those shoes from?

Did you ever try using RIT dye remover on those garage rags? How about Bleach? If they can be lightened, and then dyed, I'm thinking that's the kind of material that Burkes vest is made of.:angelsmil

Bummer--I missed you guys tonight.

Kfog, show me some pics of this when you are done--this sounds promising. I still need material for Virdon's shirt, pants and Burke's vest-- I'm also going to keep looking, then, because if there is a way to better the garment, I'm all ears!

I found my pants, but they are not reddish--they are brown but I think they will work for Burke's pants. I looked through all of our closets to see if I could find the right texture/color for Virdon's shirt/pants but have come up empty. Wish there was a thrift store near my office, because I know there's material out there just waiting to be found.

Back