Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That blue shirt you made looks great! I think it is PERFECT! My only suggestion is that the sleeves might be a bit longer so that his joints don't show.

The vest material seems to "sweater like" to me. Does he wear a sweater, or more of a burlap bag? I'll have to look at those pics IM recently posted. Not sure about that vest just yet...

I could make them longer--I was just trying for screen-accuracy.

Did you ever try using RIT dye remover on those garage rags? How about Bleach? If they can be lightened, and then dyed, I'm thinking that's the kind of material that Burkes vest is made of.:angelsmil

Angel--do you think if I take the blue fabric, removed the dye and then colored it reddish-brown it would work for Virdon's shirt? I am tempted to try this now as I have not been successful in finding the right texture/color. The texture of my husband's shirt is perfect for Virdon's shirt, but not the color.

Here are some pictures of his vest. To me, this material isn't a sweater it's, it's, it's... I don't know what that material is! Whatever it is, it seems to be the same material as Virdons shirt in photo #1

I'm still thinking that material is the ever-elusive chenille! Once winter is here I will find it in droves.

Angel--do you think if I take the blue fabric, removed the dye and then colored it reddish-brown it would work for Virdon's shirt? I am tempted to try this now as I have not been successful in finding the right texture/color. The texture of my husband's shirt is perfect for Virdon's shirt, but not the color.

To me - the blue shirt of Burke, and the two different shirts of Virdon aren’t the same material. I just looked at picture #1 and #3 once again. I really think those garage rags might be a good material. (If the color can be changed.)

Summary: I think garage rags for Burkes vest and Virdons shirt in picture #1 might work best. I prefer this cloth & color of shirt as seen in picture #1. I'll try and track down some of these garage rags. If I locate them, I'll try using fabric dye on them and see how well they accept the proper coloring.

Virdons other shirt (Picture #3) seems to be more of a leather (or a suede like material).

Last edited:
Here's the back of the outfit, guys:
IMG_3525.jpg

JESS - The Burke outfit is incredible! My God you are talented.

ANG - I wanted to thank you publicly for the Armando head, machine gun and Ursus helmet. Everything is perfect.

Goodstufftogo.net has the 2nd pictured pair in stock for $1 a pair. And, THANKS!! The movie took a lot out of me but it was worth it. :monkey5

Jess/KFog/Ironman - Here's the material I was refering to as garage rags. I'll try to find a bag of them, dye them the proper colors and let you know what happens...

Is it worth me pursing this? Do you guys like this material?

I think this material should be used for Burkes tan vest and maybe Virdons "reddish" shirt.

Last edited:
Angel--I really like that garage rag material! I think it's perfect as far as weave and it looks light so it should hang well.

I'll photograph the fleather tonight when I get home and you guys can tell me if the color is off or not.

Jess/KFog/Ironman - Here's the material I was refering to as garage rags. I'll try to find a bag of them, dye them the proper colors and let you know what happens...

Is it worth me pursing this? Do you guys like this material?

I think this material should be used for Burkes tan vest and maybe Virdons "reddish" shirt.

That material does look perfect. Is this material we can buy from Pep Boys?

ANG - Luv the Armando jacket.

That material does look perfect. Is this material we can buy from Pep Boys?

ANG - Luv the Armando jacket.

I would think that automotive stores such as Pep boys, Napa, Adavnce Auto would have these rags. It would be cool to locate some like this in a white color. That way the dye would have a nice white base to put the new dye coloring on. I'm going to look around at a about 4-5 places today... I'll let you know what I find here.

I would think that automotive stores such as Pep boys, Napa, Adavnce Auto would have these rags. It would be cool to locate some like this in a white color. That way the dye would have a nice white base to put the new dye coloring on. I'm going to look around at a about 4-5 places today... I'll let you know what I find here.

Coolio. I'll check out some places around here too.

Back