Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coolio. I'll check out some places around here too.

Well... I found those garage rags everywhere I went. Wal-Mart has the best prices. :duh

I bought some dye remover and some liquid TAN dye. Lets see what happens. I'm off to play with these chemicals and dyes. No need for everyone to buy this stuff. I bought enough for all of us. Let's see how well it works!

I'll post results later tonight. :)

Angel, do you use a special pot for cooking the dyes in? Is it difficult? I have a pair of toddler pants that are FEATHERWALE corduroy, not just pinwale corduroy, and it is BUTTER soft and hangs well for the scale. If it can be dyed a dark brown, it would make for a fantastic jacket for Armando.

I forgot to also post photos of that dark brown sweater I bought because I thought the ribbing was perfect for Armando's turtleneck, so I will post pics of that as well tonight.

Last edited:
Ironman - How in the world do you find ANYTHING at this website?

It took a lot of perseverence. You either have to look thru everything OR you need to know the manufacturer. For those shoes it was Dog Soldiers. Be patient, somehow the site emptied my cart 6 times before i got the order thru. I almost gave up and got nothing.

I use a large stainless steel pot (on the stove) when dying material. It's not hard at all. So FEATHERWALE corduroy is better than the brown corduory I send you? :cool:

You should try dying something. I'm off to fire up the stove and see what happens with these garage rags and the tan dye I just purchased. :angelsmil

I learned that name today..."featherwale corduroy." :joy I compared your pinwale corduroy fabric to the toddler pants I had and noticed the pants had a finer ribbing and felt softer, so I googled it. :D I'm going to try to color them by this weekend, after I purchase all the supplies.

Ironman - How in the world do you find ANYTHING at this website?

Once you get used to their site you're golden. I've been buying from Gail and Ken for Years now. Those moccasins are under the Dog Soldier section, I think they sell for $1. They don't post many pictures of products so it's always helpful to know what you're looking for. GoodStufftogo.net has some of the best prices around! Seeing that an 1870's era genre is my next big stop motion piece Dog Soldiers and Manitou Traders are my number one resources for Native American clothing. The craftsmanship is unparalleled especially with the Manitou Free Traders series.

Once you get used to their site you're golden. I've been buying from Gail and Ken for Years now. Those moccasins are under the Dog Soldier section, I think they sell for $1. They don't post many pictures of products so it's always helpful to know what you're looking for. GoodStufftogo.net has some of the best prices around! Seeing that an 1870's era genre is my next big stop motion piece Dog Soldiers and Manitou Traders are my number one resources for Native American clothing. The craftsmanship is unparalleled especially with the Manitou Free Traders series.

Hey STICKS, Are you at home or at your parents home? I see one pair moccasins but they're sold out. IM says there's another darker pair. I don't see what he’s referring to. Can you find them? I need help.

Angel, I just emailed you some more directions. LMK how it goes.
Like Stick's says they're $1. They do have a lot of pix though. Christian Bale head for $3 too!!

Here’s the before and after on the garage rags. They started on red and wound up a very light pink after I used the dye remover.

I have 11 squares that are approx 11” x 11” in size. There is lots of material here for all of us who are getting these made. I’ll try making half of them tan in color and the other half that light reddish/pink color as seen on Virdon below,

I'll post some pictures later tonight... I'm going to start dying them in a few minutes...
:angelsmil

Last edited:
I like the footwear a lot.

Hi Adam! They go with the Goth figure from dragon. I think that the whole figure could be used in various was. The figure itself could be made to look like a mute in the movies or just leave as is for the TV version humans.:D

Hi Angel and all! I have used these rags to dye my Gorilla that I had posted here before. I actually used a big coffee can to dye them in. The material hangs well and is thick just like the Burke and Virdons pants. Here is what the material looks like in purple.:monkey1

Here’s the before and after on the garage rags. They started on red and wound up a very light pink after I used the dye remover.

I have 11 squares that are approx 11” x 11” in size. There is lots of material here for all of us who are getting these made. I’ll try making half of them tan in color and the other half that light reddish/pink color as seen on Virdon below,

I'll post some pictures later tonight... I'm going to start dying them in a few minutes...
:angelsmil

That would be perfect. Please count me in.

KFOG - If you happen to dye some gorilla threads in the future try Rit Dye "Dark Burgundy." It matches the gorilla shirt/pants from Beneath.

That would be perfect. Please count me in.

KFOG - If you happen to dye some gorilla threads in the future try Rit Dye "Dark Burgundy." It matches the gorilla shirt/pants from Beneath.

Hey Snick! Would that be "Ron Burgandy" from anchorman?:rotfl
Just kidding! You wouldn't believe how long that I have waited to find the correct match for the Gorilla clothes. Thanks for the tip, Kent.:cool:

Hi Angel and all! I have used these rags to dye my Gorilla that I had posted here before. I actually used a big coffee can to dye them in. The material hangs well and is thick just like the Burke and Virdons pants. Here is what the material looks like in purple.:monkey1

I'll tell you KFog, that gorilla outfit would look so much better if you were to dunk that in dark brown dye and a splash of wine dye.

Congrats on a wonderful figure! Surely, you just won it on eBay, the auction one just closed. Prisoner Taylor is my FAVE human that Sidehow made. (The Exclusive version of Dr. Zaius is my fave ape from Sideshow.) I hope you like that piece as much as I do. :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back