Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a photo of the old pair of pants that I was going to taylor into Burke's pants, but looking at it again, the weave looks like it was made for his vest---only thing is, the color is a little "off" but the texture is there. What do you guys think of this cloth for his vest?

Angel I think I want to try dyeing this a little reddish for Burke's shirt. It just needs a hint of red/orange brown, but it is already brown to begin with so it might get closer to the color needed.

IMG_3538.jpg

This is the fake leather material (it's actually cloth) that I was thinking for Virdon's vest--I actually have two types of brown--one is a slight shade darker than the other, and the wrong and right side of both types of browns are also a little different.
IMG_3544.jpg

Angel, I looked at your corduroy again--it will work. The only reason why the toddler corduroy pants are butter-soft is because they are old and have been really worn and seasoned.

Here are photos of the scrap leather I have. The light tan/yellowish brown one is super soft. I have other bits and scraps of leather too--just can't find them.

I also couldn't find the dark brown sweater I got with the ribbing for Armando. Maybe I left it in the back of the van...
IMG_3540.jpg

This is the type of cloth we’re needing and looking for. Notice the little holes in the material? What do you guys think of the colors? I was going for the reddish color for Virdons shirt and a tan color for the Burkes vest. The vest came out darker than I wanted, but it was necessary in order to cover up the pink underneath. Maybe if I put it out in the sun for a few days the sun will bleach it out some???

I wanted to provide some detailed pictures but my daughter’s camera is on the fritz. I had to use my "piece of :censored" camera.

Angel--I think the vest material just came out exactly the color you need. I don't think it's too dark at all. I love the holes in the material.

Here is a photo of the old pair of pants that I was going to taylor into Burke's pants, but looking at it again, the weave looks like it was made for his vest---only thing is, the color is a little "off" but the texture is there. What do you guys think of this cloth for his vest?

Angel I think I want to try dyeing this a little reddish for Burke's shirt. It just needs a hint of red/orange brown, but it is already brown to begin with so it might get closer to the color needed.

IMG_3538.jpg

That vest material looks pretty good. I like it Jess. It could be lightened. It's cool material, but needs more holes.

This is the fake leather material (it's actually cloth) that I was thinking for Virdon's vest--I actually have two types of brown--one is a slight shade darker than the other, and the wrong and right side of both types of browns are also a little different.
IMG_3544.jpg

Zowie! Look at all the choices! :google

I'm going to bed... I'll look at it tomorrow while on my lunch break. G-night. Thanx 4 sharing. :angelsmil

Hey STICKS, Are you at home or at your parents home? I see one pair moccasins but they're sold out. IM says there's another darker pair. I don't see what he’s referring to. Can you find them? I need help.

Hey Angel buddy, no not yet. I won't be going until maybe the end of June now. let me go there now and check out what they have. BRB

Sorry Angel, they are sold out. I'm a big collector of Dog Soldier and know that the variation in leather color is not planned, just coincidence so IM got lucky.

Do they take PayPal???

No but they are one of the few that take personal checks. You can order and have the items set aside while they await your check. GoodStufftogo.net almost always have the cheapest prices and are very reliable. I have dealt with them for nearly ten years now.

Hi Adam! They go with the Goth figure from dragon. I think that the whole figure could be used in various was. The figure itself could be made to look like a mute in the movies or just leave as is for the TV version humans.:D

Is this the figure that has a separate hair sculpt, long and short? I think I used his tunic on one of my winter Roman legionnaires.

Did you see they 2 gorillas I did? Dark brown and wine dyes were used. In fact, if your Sideshow clothes are already brown, you only need to add the wine color. That will add a hint of that "purplish" color you're striving for. ;)

I'm loving these photos Angel. I also love how the General is 'chillin' at the table. :monkey5

Look at all those props!

Hi Angel and all! I have used these rags to dye my Gorilla that I had posted here before. I actually used a big coffee can to dye them in. The material hangs well and is thick just like the Burke and Virdons pants. Here is what the material looks like in purple.:monkey1

I love that sculpt! He almost looks confused, as if watching two dirty humans driving away with the slave wagon.

This is the type of cloth we’re needing and looking for. Notice the little holes in the material? What do you guys think of the colors? I was going for the reddish color for Virdons shirt and a tan color for the Burkes vest. The vest came out darker than I wanted, but it was necessary in order to cover up the pink underneath. Maybe if I put it out in the sun for a few days the sun will bleach it out some???

I wanted to provide some detailed pictures but my daughter’s camera is on the fritz. I had to use my "piece of :censored" camera.

Wow Angel, you're very close. Looks great.

I'm not too sure on what I'm going to do with my Armando sculpt. You've all been so busy on gathering resources. :google

I agree! What a lot of information in such a short time! What to do, what to do? Lets all soak it in a bit and come to a reasonable decision. We have time to make the correct choice on which material and which color to use for each piece. Very great work by all! A real community effort.:confused:

Back