Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those are some sweet memories - PZ
Less than 24 hours!

I just received a notice for every SDCC item I ordered. Can't wait! Too bad for the lack of ape paraphernalia.

Has anyone bought the new Caesar head DVD pack from Amazon? Is it good enough in quality to display with SSC's POTA line? I have never seen the head in person, and would like to know. Pics would be much appreciated. :mona

I don't have Caesar displayed with my SS Apes... he is presiding over my DVD player... LITERALLY ruling over all that I see. :lol :rotfl :lol

The craftmanship is nothing too special... it's a nice idea, "pass"ibly executed. If it were my decision, I would have commissioned a sculpt of the the Lawgiver bust or the Caesar statue. I think it would have added a level of class that is missing with the piece... and you wouldn't have to deal with all of the unruly crepe hair! But since we are stuck with the hair, I would have liked it better if he was looking straight ahead instead of having his head titled downward.

Anyway, I'm told that the set is now being clearanced at a few DVD web sites... so if you keep your eyes peeled you might stumble across a deal out there. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Hi Stickman. Here's the link to the old thread about it. Coldheart posted his pics. See post #33. I quite like the Caesar bust, and like Proto, have it sitting on my record player.

hello all! back in the thread after a long break :monkey1 don't know if anyone else out there has been looking but I finally found a passable horse for my apes. Target has on clearance some bratz horses that are pretty darn close to scale and currently are $8. Granted they are a bit freaky my little pony looking out of the box but I see potential damnit!! I already removed (ok smeared) the eyes off the thing since they we the worst part....ok until I just noticed the hooves are covered in glitter:monkey4 But with a little bit of work the price is right!:monkey1

That's funny... my 7 year old son saw the same horse on sale at Target and wanted to do the same using HIS apes! Wow, you and my son think alike! :D

Remember APEZ RULE!!

well, does any one have any hopes that Sideshow may release a POTA inclusive at Comic Con? Since they didn't even give it a respected dispaly, I have my doubts but I am still hoping!!!

No hope what so ever. The SW license is too big right now for them to focus anywhere else. Wow! did you see that Jabba environment scene? I am a big fan of environment displays for 1:6 figs, as my early posts indicate. This one is a winner! Lets keeping hoping that making an inclusive POTA figure is still plausible. I hope SS delves further into their licenses and start making environment displays for all their lines. Think, Mutant Lair, with Atomic Bomb worshipping fun.
POTA2.jpg
So many others could be made, even a place for Brent to hang out.
BrentshotinheadBPOTA.jpg

I wonder what ol’ PZ is thinking while he’s circling SSC’s display stands, drooling. I wonder if he will be able to order the Jabba environment while attending SDCC. The Throne display and creatures may sell out rather quickly.

Gorillas Unite!

What is up with Ursus?

I looked at the Sideshow page today and checked out the POTA section. Ursus is now showing back order status for the US? How can that be when he was in stock?:monkey1

How long do they stay back ordered? Some of these figures have never switched back. :monkey1

Looking around for the Con contests on Sideshows site, you would have found, and most likely entered, the comp for the Exclusive Brent. I did.

Well I am in the Con chat, and Dusty gives the nod for the word of the day, too late. Man that Swoops is fast. I dunno why, other than he likes winning contests for the fun, but he gives the fig to me. I am truly humbled by this, what an awesome and generous act. I am so looking forward to a new figure, that I didn't have, and an exclusive at that. I have a Lawgiver I purchased from ebay coming too. I thought it was about the best time to get this, while most people are saving their sheckles for Con goodies. As you can gather, I am feeling so blessed right now, and there's one more day of the Con left still to go.

Swoops, you are da man, I wont forget this. If I can't do something for you one day, I hope good kharma seeks you out and you get ten fold the tidings. Don't be backward in coming forward if I can do you a favour. :bow :bow :bow :grouphug

Congrats Creech, Thats an awesome gift. Seeing that this is a new figure for you, it would nice to hear your opinions of it. Are you planning on opening it, or storing it away?

Thanks Stickman. I'll have to open it wont I. ummm yes I will. :monkey5

I haven't had any of my apes out for display yet, out yes but on the shelf no, but with a Lawgiver coming, I'll have to pull them all out and post some pics. It wont be for a while yet, because the Lawgiver is coming on the slow boat. So if you can wait two months, yeah.

My PotA grails now, will be the exclusive Taylor and Mutant Jailer. I still have to get the Taylor/Nova pack and that's about it. I am happy with the regulars of the others. I wont be getting anything else soon, cause I am sweating on The Mummy PF coming out locally, and if it doesn't I'll be having to save for shipping and get it direct from Sideshow, so until I know what's going on things will stay tight.

creecher said:
Looking around for the Con contests on Sideshows site, you would have found, and most likely entered, the comp for the Exclusive Brent. I did.

Well I am in the Con chat, and Dusty gives the nod for the word of the day, too late. Man that Swoops is fast. I dunno why, other than he likes winning contests for the fun, but he gives the fig to me. I am truly humbled by this, what an awesome and generous act. I am so looking forward to a new figure, that I didn't have, and an exclusive at that. I have a Lawgiver I purchased from ebay coming too. I thought it was about the best time to get this, while most people are saving their sheckles for Con goodies. As you can gather, I am feeling so blessed right now, and there's one more day of the Con left still to go.

Swoops, you are da man, I wont forget this. If I can't do something for you one day, I hope good kharma seeks you out and you get ten fold the tidings. Don't be backward in coming forward if I can do you a favour. :bow :bow :bow :grouphug

Congrats Creech , that is wonderful
Enjoy!!!

Very low prices indeed Dr. Z.
Wow IM, you only bid $30. for the Jailor? We have a traitor amongst the ranks! Seize the General!
d3_1_b.jpg
:lol

Back