Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You paid 20 bucks for that guy's autograph?! Yikes! :lol

This is one of my favorite figures, but I hate that the head underneath the face is the same as the non-exclusive. The eye colors weren't even changed. :rolleyes:

Everybody at the Autograph Pavillion at SDCC charges for their autograph because they pay for a table to be set up there. Also many of the actors/celebrities there are retired. So the $20 goes to help them both "make table" and make a bit of a living or pay them for their time there. The people who do not charge for signatures are ones that are sponsered by individual booths to be there and push their product... or are there to push their own merchandise (like Mat Falls and everybody at the Sideshow Booth).

So, CF, you think I should have stiffed him... taken the autograph and run? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Protozaius said:
Everybody at the Autograph Pavillion at SDCC charges for their autograph because they pay for a table to be set up there. Also many of the actors/celebrities there are retired. So the $20 goes to help them both "make table" and make a bit of a living or pay them for their time there. The people who do not charge for signatures are ones that are sponsered by individual booths to be there and push their product... or are there to push their own merchandise (like Mat Falls and everybody at the Sideshow Booth).

So, CF, you think I should have stiffed him... taken the autograph and run? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The Law Giver forbids it!

Protozaius said:

No. I just think the price is a little steep for... um... "that guy's" auto.

I still think it's cool that you met him, though.

The begger never ran away with the BREAD. Congrats PZ. You did right. Regardless of the fallout you did what was morally right. I salute you! lets get this damn buried line back to being where it belongs. UPFRONT!!!!!!!!!!

Come on SS, Lets start making some gorilla figures that truley represent gorillas, and apes alike.

MORE APES PLEASE!!!!! AND ENVIRONMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Dat Stickman! You guys definitely need to step up the army, I mean you haven't even been bannished to the sandbox and deleted yet :monkey3

BTW, in case you guys missed the whole Melvin Pelayo is a ratfink debaucle... I of course never recieved the Che Rebel Ape figure (but I did get most of my money back), so I am once again on the prowl for that figure. And of course on the prowl for Sideshow to release some more Apeage for us!:chew :chew

Protozaius said:

I would have paid him 20 bucks to sign my figure; Money well spent.

Dr_Zaius said:
I would have paid him 20 bucks to sign my figure; Money well spent.

Well, I'm glad someone thinks so. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you got stiffed there, galactiboy! I was just going to ask for you to post some pictures.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

If I hear anything concerning this figure, I'll PM you the info. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Thank PZ, I'm sure I'll get him eventually... just gotta keep my eyes open on the 'bay and around the forums.

So has anyone heard anything else about those Hot Toys Apexplorers figures? I'm seriously considering picking up some of the space themed ones, but the Hot Toys website has zero info on them. It'd be cool if Sideshow were to distribute them :monkey5

galactiboy said:
True Dat Stickman! You guys definitely need to step up the army, I mean you haven't even been bannished to the sandbox and deleted yet :monkey3

BTW, in case you guys missed the whole Melvin Pelayo is a ratfink debaucle... I of course never recieved the Che Rebel Ape figure (but I did get most of my money back), so I am once again on the prowl for that figure. And of course on the prowl for Sideshow to release some more Apeage for us!:chew :chew

Thanks Galactiboy!!! I'm sorry to hear about your sad tale. I hope you find your figure soon.

I agree with you PZ, and DZ. I'd pay $20. to have my jailor signed :D

stickman said:
I agree with you PZ, and DZ. I'd pay $20. to have my jailor signed :D

Thanks Stickman for your support! I was beginning to think that I made a terrible error in judgement.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

However, getting the Jailor signed has had one major drawback... ever since the signing, I can't bring myself to take the figure out of the box and put him back on display with the rest of my Sideshow Ape collection where he belongs. Mendez is getting mighty lonely.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Now, my display collection is missing one bomb worshiper... and, as you all know, a replacement ain't cheap! :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Protozaius said:
Thanks Stickman for your support! I was beginning to think that I made a terrible error in judgement.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

However, getting the Jailor signed has had one major drawback... ever since the signing, I can't bring myself to take the figure out of the box and put him back on display with the rest of my Sideshow Ape collection where he belongs. Mendez is getting mighty lonely.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Now, my display collection is missing one bomb worshiper... and, as you all know, a replacement ain't cheap! :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Hey, that's what APE FANS do. No monkeying around.

Hey DZ, are you still working with Diorama Dreams on a new POTA dio? I forgot what you said, and this post is getting rather lengthy. Cornelius' and Zira's house might be a cool setup. What do you think? I've been thinking of buying a bird cage and painting it, then adding four slave Taylors (with different heads on three of them and four Novas with a couple of gorillas standing guard. I also want a slave wagon, but don't have any materials or tools to make it. Sometimes living in a city has its disadvantages. :monkey2

Ironman that would be very cool of you. I was looking to sell my SSC and DML Dragon empty boxes. I have an auction for 29 WWII Dragon figs up on ebay right now, but after that I was thinking about posting the boxes. Would you be interested in the POTA boxes? I think I have all of them except the mutant leader. The Jailor of course is not included, as I have never opened him and don't plan to in the near future. Just PM me if anyone is interested. Ape fans get first dibs! :monkey5 Of course I would give a very good deal!:D

stickman said:
Hey, that's what APE FANS do. No monkeying around.

Hey DZ, are you still working with Diorama Dreams on a new POTA dio? I forgot what you said, and this post is getting rather lengthy. Cornelius' and Zira's house might be a cool setup. What do you think? I've been thinking of buying a bird cage and painting it, then adding four slave Taylors (with different heads on three of them and four Novas with a couple of gorillas standing guard. I also want a slave wagon, but don't have any materials or tools to make it. Sometimes living in a city has its disadvantages. :monkey2

Hello My friend!!
yes, I have considered the home of Zira and Cornelius. Would love to display the Asto. Brent, Nova, Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Zaius in it.
I just heard from DD. We have been kicking the idea of Taylors ship. He came up with an awesome idea and build up but, I can't afford it. I am going to send him a pic of the ship sinking and see if it would cost less. But, if we can wrok out a payment arrangement I may consider the first project.:confused:

Wow, I would love to hear his ideas. He does such amazing work. Have you told him to update his site? I wish he included the prison he made for you in his photos. I check his site often, hopefully I can afford his work one day.

Well, I received my exclusive Dr. Zaius today from Sideshow... I can't believe that this LONG SOLD OUT figure became available again through their site! They must have found a few of them during their recent move.

Did anyone else jump at the chance at snagging another Zaius exclusive... or am I the only one crazy enough to buy another one?

Funny, this was the Zaius that I wanted Mat Falls to sign... since it was the very first Sideshow Ape figure that I received. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

stickman said:
Wow, I would love to hear his ideas. He does such amazing work. Have you told him to update his site? I wish he included the prison he made for you in his photos. I check his site often, hopefully I can afford his work one day.

As a matter of fact he mentioned the site needed to be updated. He said when he does that he will include the Jail set.

Back