Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The auctions were poorly listed. If you want to attract bidders you don't shorten Beneath the Planet of the Apes to BPOTA.

I had my SS Jailor signed by Don Pedro Colley this past weekend at SDCC. He had NEVER seen the figure before... he has a couple of them himself but he has left them sealed in their shipping boxes, so as to not lower their value :)confused: ). He thought the figure had a great likeness of him... it was fun to be the first person to show it to him. :D

I'll post pictures of the signing once I find a way to do it... the picture are far too big to post my normal "manage attachments" way.

You can reduce the size of your pics using your edit function to resize them. I use ACDSee. I just click edit, resize, drop the number by five, and save as, and somehow, no matter how oversized my pic was, it ends up within the size range to use the 'manage attachments' function. Most any photo viewer will have an edit or resize function. Good luck, I'd like to see those pics.

I would have liked to bid on those Apes you brought our attention to, but it was America only, unfortunately. Lucky too, because I didn't have the money anyway, and you know what that means. The utilities can wait. :lol

Hey, welcome back PZ! :fest

I agree, too bad for the seller. :monkey2 :pow
If he only correctly labeled the auction to begin with, he could have gotten much more money for it. :eek:

MORE APES AND ENVIRONMENTS

PLEASE :rolleyes:

stickman said:
Very low prices indeed Dr. Z.
Wow IM, you only bid $30. for the Jailor? We have a traitor amongst the ranks! Seize the General!
d3_1_b.jpg
:lol

Such hostility!! I bid with a few things in mind:
- I have one already
- I would pay the price but it allowed someone who hadn't gotten it to do so
- I didn't receive the outbid notice in time to rebid

Traitor??
gorillaAnima.GIF

Them's fightin' words!!

Last edited:
It seems like you've been sleeping on the job. Just kidding there IM. :rotfl
I was just giving a friendly poke at humor. General, I know you would never turn on the Ape Cause! Keep up the good work!

stickman said:
It seems like you've been sleeping on the job. Just kidding there IM. :rotfl
I was just giving a friendly poke at humor. General, I know you would never turn on the Ape Cause! Keep up the good work!

Sleeping is one thing that I haven't been doing. I have been working like crazy and when home, trying to expand my kitbashed sci-fi creations.

Hey All, was looking at Sideshows web site and saw that the Lawgiver has been added to the Sold Out List and is now on the wait list. Does any one know if they had them at comic con? I wonder if they did if that is where they sold all of them.
Long Live the Apes!!!! Maybe we will see the rest of the line sell out soon and convince SS to produce more apes!
:chew

Sorry to hear that you're working so much IM. Please know that I was only heckling you in good nature. How are your custom Sci-Fi figs coming out? Which ones are you attempting?

DZ - Unfortunately even if all of the ape figures sold out tomorrow I doubt that SSC would look at in any other way than a blessing. I don't feel that they would conclude that there is a heavy demand for POTA figs and decide to continue the future of the line. :monkey2

Let me hear what you think.:peace

MORE APES AND ENVIRONMENTS PLEASE!!!

stickman said:
Sorry to hear that you're working so much IM. Please know that I was only heckling you in good nature. How are your custom Sci-Fi figs coming out? Which ones are you attempting?

DZ - Unfortunately even if all of the ape figures sold out tomorrow I doubt that SSC would look at in any other way than a blessing. I don't feel that they would conclude that there is a heavy demand for POTA figs and decide to continue the future of the line. :monkey2

Oh you of little faith!!! LOL!!!

I don't know. Call me a dreamer but I feel deep down sometime we will see more Apes. I am hoping for figures from the TV series. The Bond line was without a new figure for almost a year. So I am hoping and praying. I think what hurt the Ape line is too many were released to soon! To much of a hurt on the wallet. I think Star Wars fans will soon see this. Especailly with the Jabba and his display set. That is going to put many of the fans out of some serios $$$$. Especially with the other SW releases they are going to release soon.

stickman said:

In between shifts I've been reassembling the crew of the Black Diamond, my own photostory idea. I've also been reconfiguring a lot of Hasbro Star Wars figures onto better bodies, preparing my colonial marines for their custom heads, readying some armor and weapons for my armed forces division.....
And please, Sideshow, give us one TV 3 pack before you close the door on the Planet of the Apes. :monkey3

Ironman1188 said:
In between shifts I've been reassembling the crew of the Black Diamond, my own photostory idea. I've also been reconfiguring a lot of Hasbro Star Wars figures onto better bodies, preparing my colonial marines for their custom heads, readying some armor and weapons for my armed forces division.....
And please, Sideshow, give us one TV 3 pack before you close the door on the Planet of the Apes. :monkey3

A 3 pack of Apes TV series!!! That would be awesome! If they would do a Human Attire
Virdon, Human Attire Burke, and rengade Ape Galen I would be forever happy and they would never hear me ask for another Ape figure again!!!

Did anyone notice that the red hand has FINALLY been raised on the Lawgiver statue? It was under the "SOLD OUT Stock" section of the newsletter.

Perhaps it was my RAVING sound bite about the Lawgiver statue printed in Sideshow Catalog #9 that did the trick! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Well, better late than never.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also did anyone notice that the exclusive version of Dr. Zaius is again available at the Sideshow website? And there is a 10 piece limit... I guess they found a bunch in the warehouse, eh?

Here's those pictures from SDCC with me and Don Pedro Colley. It was a blast to meet him after all these years.

sign.jpg

pose.jpg

Wow, the production Zaius, doesnt look anything like the Protozaius. You scrub up well. :lol

Congrats Proto, I liked reading how you had it all planned in advance, to meet the Don, at the Con. Made me all excited for you. A great day for you both. Thanks for including us in your adventure.

Update::woo One Lawgiver on the shelf. :monkey1

Last edited:
creecher said:
Wow, the production Zaius, doesnt look anything like the Protozaius. You scrub up well. :lol

Update::woo One Lawgiver on the shelf. :monkey1
:mwaha :mwaha
Great photos PZ, you sure are lucky. How much for the jailor? :naughty
Hey Creech, What do you think of the Law Giver?

Ever since they announced the Lawgiver, I wanted one. It was the first statue and diorama, all in one, and I loved that idea. I didn't have any PF's back then. It was 1/6 scale all the way. The Ape line came out fast and furious. In a way I was expecting it, cause Sideshow showed the five main figures they were going to produce upfront. I thought that was it for the line, so I was more focused on getting the figures. You know what happened then. In my circumstance, this was hindered by waiting for them all to arrive downunder. Other releases became higher priorities. I was the only bidder for my Lawgiver. Looks like a good time to get one, now that they are in the 'sold out' category.

The Lawgiver. Comes in a big box. Seemed light when I pulled it out. Always glad to save on shipping. It seems a dull colourless statue, but is really a very nice blending of shades. I love the unbaked clay look of it, and they head is what I like about it the most. Simplistic in design. Yes, but I think about how hard it is to capture someone else's style, when an artist has a style of their own. It is the Lawgiver.

This will have to do for a happy ape. :chew I don't like wearing pants either. :D

Glad to hear that you finally snagged a Lawgiver statue Creech... it's a fun piece to have to display with rest of your monkeys.

Any more Sideshow Ape items you are hoping to get?

Thanks for your kind words about my meeting with Don Pedro Colley. Funny enough, I ran into him again later on that day on the train ride back to my hotel. I got to talk to him a lot more... turns out he is from Oregon as well. I guess it shouldn't surprise me... you have to be a mutant to live with all of this rain.

Yeah, Mutants with webbed feet. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Got to hear stories when Don was the under study for James Earl Jones in The Great White Hope on Broadway back in the day as well as his meeting with George Lucas for his role in THX 1138. It was a great time that I will never forget.

I also got Mat Falls to sign my Dr. Zaius (sorry no picture of that:monkey2). It was great that he recognized me from the last year's Comic Con. He still mentioned that he would LOVE to revisit the line someday... but also mentions that he has been intensely busy with Sideshow's other (more profitable) offerings.

My PotA grails now, will be the exclusive Taylor and Mutant Jailer. I still have to get the Taylor/Nova pack and astronaut Brent, and that's about it. Swoop won an exclusive Slave Brent in the SDCC chat and passed it over to me, So I'll post pics when he arrives.

Awesome photos Proto!!! How was he in person? Sometimes stars are idiots off camera. ( I ask because I have heard that William Shattner , for instance, is a real jerk off the camera. I do know that Burt Ward [Robin] is cool! My friend and I had plans to meet him several years ago. My mom had a stroke and due to that, I didn't go. My friend told him that we had these plans and then my mom became ill so I couldn't make it. He sent an autograph photo back with my friend. That was cool because he didn't have to do that.0 Did he charge for his autograph? Did he have a lot to say about the figure?

Protozaius said:
Here's those pictures from SDCC with me and Don Pedro Colley. It was a blast to meet him after all these years.

sign.jpg

pose.jpg

He was VERY nice and more than willing to talk Apes with me. I asked him about the makeup process he went through and he told me that he was in Mutant makeup for five shooting days. The problem wasn't putting it on, but taking it off. After those five days he said that his face was "a mess"... the spirit gum was really toxic to his skin. He TOTALLY sympathized with the Ape co-stars who had to wear it throughout the shoot.

You could tell he REALLY dug the Sideshow figure of him. He sounded rather proud of it. I was glad to be the one to show it to him for the first time. He had in his possession three of them but they were still sealed in their mailer boxes. This was the first time he saw the actual figure. I told him that I was going to buy a whole new figure for him to sign but after seeing how much they were going for on EBay, I decided to re-pack mine and bring it with me. I told him that his figure was one of (if not THE) most expensive of the Planet of the Apes line. He seemed VERY proud of that as well. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I talked with him for quite awhile... taking a break only to let other attendees to get his autograph. And yes, he did charge $20 for his autograph. However, I talked with him for so long that he forgot to charge me. Twenty mintes after I left him I realized that I didn't pay him and went back to do so. You should have seen his face when I came back. He totally forgot that he didn't charge me as well and he couldn't believe that someone would be honest enough to come back and correct it. It was priceless.

I did meet up with him again (like I stated in another posting) on the train ride back to my hotel. It was a great time that I will never forget.

Back