Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say STEWART!

How about a before&after stasis chamber which switches her??

Masao said:
I would say STEWART!

How about a before&after stasis chamber which switches her??

I never thought about Stewart!! Her with interchangeable head and arms so you can do the before and after shots.
What do you think Sideshow? Oh yeah, you guys don't read this section of the group. Lousy Human :cuss

My brother was able to score for me a casting off of the original mold of Julius from the classic first film. They even added a cigar... nice touch. This was the same mold used for the full sized maquette assembled by Apemania for a recent Profiles in History auction.

Thought I'd share some pictures. I've also included two pictures from the auction:

Anyone know if the licence covers the remake ? I'd be down for a Roth Thade. Also a good sculpt of Mark Wahlberg would sell to customisers.

LordAzrael said:
Anyone know if the licence covers the remake ? I'd be down for a Roth Thade. Also a good sculpt of Mark Wahlberg would sell to customisers.

Thats why I wanted that friggin' Monkey King head!!!!!
Oh, and Wahlberg's head is available in one of those Three Kings sets.

Last edited:
LordAzrael said:

Ah, Tim Burton's Apes aka Marky Mark and The Monkey Bunch.

Ironman1188 said:
Thats why I wanted that friggin' Monkey King head!!!!!
Oh, and Wahlberg's head is available in one of those Three Kings sets.

Maybe it will help, but I really don't think the Monkey King sculpt would work for Thade... he's generally the same, but overall very different looking IMO and would require a lot of alteration. Just my 2 cents...

Also I absolutely hated, hated the remake. It has gone down as one of my most dissapointing movie-going experiences of all time... no offense to Ape fans, but I was looking forward to the movie hard-core, at the time I believed : Burton + POTA (should) = AWESOME. Unfortunately I was very wrong :monkey2

galactiboy said:
Maybe it will help, but I really don't think the Monkey King sculpt would work for Thade... he's generally the same, but overall very different looking IMO and would require a lot of alteration. Just my 2 cents...

Well I wasn't looking to make him exactly like he's seen in the film. I was hoping to make more the character than a copy of what was on film. Alas, it looks as if it shall not occur either way.

Hello Ape fans and Kurgan junkies. It is a pleasure to know that our armies have united. Sorry, but I can't post as often as I would like, my computer is down, and I am currently using a computer at a public Library. :monkey5

Congrats PZ on the Julius cast, and 1k post. The cast looks awesome, cigar included.

Dr.Z nice score on the price of the Mutant Jailer. You should buy three Urko heads off of IM! :lol

Come on SS!

We want some Ape Inclusives!:D :peace

stickman said:
Congrats PZ on the Julius cast, and 1k post. The cast looks awesome, cigar included.

The Julius appliance is cast in silicone. Looks VERY lifelike (or "ape"like)... especially with those eyes. And he won't deteriorate as rapidly as the original foam latex pieces.

Eeriely enough, it feels like I'm not quite alone anymore. In fact, he's looking over my shoulder right now. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Last edited:
Well, he's not a POTA character, but I have secured a Medicom Rebel Ape from Melvin in the commerce section. He'll be coming from Australia, so in a week or so he should be mine :D

What's said is that would have pretty well wrapped-up the more difficult to get/expensive Ape figures... too bad Hot Toys is now coming out with their Apexplorers series! Now there are even more cool and expensive figures to buy :monkey2

That's why I do it Ironman, to give you hope through my irresponsible money handling :monkey4

So what did you think of those Hot Toys figures? I personally thought they were pretty darn cool, but the $180 w/shipping is a bit (really a lot) high. I'm hoping they are wildly unpopular and can be picked-up later on the cheap... at least I can dream :monkey3

Did anyone see this Julius custom this week on Ebay? It uses a Sideshow Gorilla as a basis for the figure. I was going to post the listing earlier but I didn't want to add more competition if anyone on this board was going to bid on it. Personally, I didn't bid on it.. but it went for $71.

Here are the pictures.

Last edited:
Man, that's really nice looking and should once again prove to Sideshow there is a demand for POTA!

galactiboy said:
Man, that's really nice looking and should once again prove to Sideshow there is a demand for POTA!

Especially since he went for $71.00. I hope Sideshow takes notice. I wrote them a letter over 3 weeks (I think) ago asking for Inclusive Apes. They neevr responded which I find as a hope. When the line stop producing a friend of mine and myself wrote them letters asking for more Apes. They replied to both of us that the line was not dead, but not in production either. Since they never responded to my letter asking for Inclusives, I am hopeful that maybe we will see a return to the Planet of the Apes. Given Sideshows top secret attitude toward their production line I can see them not answering if Apes may see the Inclusive light.
And although I haven't bought any Highlander figures, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Medevil Krugan fighters also!!!!

Protozaius said:
Did anyone see this Julius custom this week on Ebay? It uses a Sideshow Gorilla as a basis for the figure. I was going to post the listing earlier but I didn't want to add more competition if anyone on this board was going to bid on it. Personally, I didn't bid on it.. but it went for $71.

Here are the pictures.

I bidded on him, and lost:monkey4

I was going to bid and swap out the gloved hands for an extra pair of hairy hands I have.

But I've had to save up for that trip to SDCC this next week. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Back