Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel,

I just logged on and saw that Snick has already received his wagon. What ever happend to mine? Why was it abandoned? What gives?

Sticks: Once your wagon is finished you will own something very unique. I know you’ll love this wagon and that you’ll actually see the "TLC" that I put into it for you.

Currently, your resin wagon (and my wooden wagon) are sitting beside each other, in my dining room, still unfinished. I have not been very motivated to work on either of these, as you already know. Snickertown knew I lost my enthusiasm with the wagons due to the long hours I was spending on them and he donated a small fee to me for the countless hours involved in his wagon. It was greatly appreciated, and inspirational to me because I actually made a few bucks on his project when he offered to do that for me.

It certainly was not a requirement of him, but in his fairness, he understood that I had no way of predicting the number of hours vested into this cumbersome project for him.

When your wagon is completed, I would have earned notta, zip, and zilch for all my efforts. This is due to my inability to predict the number of hours involved in this project for you.

In the beginning, when we all first decided to take on this project, I was trying to be really fair with Snick and you. The expensive project supplies required from each of you concerned me so much that I didn't want any financial payment from either of you guys. I thought that keeping the molds was fair enough. I didn’t want to burden either of you further with payments of any kind.

I honestly thought that I'd be able to quickly make more resin ape wagons, and that I’d just sell them for my income instead of charging you guys. Boy was I stupid and wrong! I had absolutely no idea that this project would require so much of my personal time. I should have charged you by the hour and kept the molds! That would have been much wiser of me. If that were the case, I would have made something for all my efforts on your project.

I hope you can understand the reason for the delay. My apologies for the wait Adam, I made a bad business call in agreeing to make this at such a massive loss. You owe me nothing, I just need to dig deep, get motivated and get this out of my home for you.

Where is everyone?? I just received word that my photo won! Hurray! I never win anything!! :banana :banana :banana

Congrats to you Jessica! The apes win another award in yet another contest! How did you find out? Did they post the all of the Kiss and Tell pictures of everyone who entered? I want to check them out!

Hurray for our apes!!

Spaceman sent me an e-mail. I guess they still have to update their website, because there are no photos up yet of all the submissions.

I won fourth place Jessica! Spaceman wrote me also!:woo(It seems that I "was edged out by another Planet fo the Apes photo because of better image composition." Gee - I wonder who that could've been?:rolleyes:

See? I've told you before that you take some quality photos! Congrats to you Girl!:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:
You and I both will be getting something from the Gentle Giant Exclusives! You get the first pick from the Exclusive Gentle Giants.

Spaceman wanted to reward me for my excellent efforts, he told me he added an extra prize beyond what was originally advertised. I'm lucky guy! Once the second place photo winner (that's Jessica) and the lottery drawing winner have made their selections from the three Gentle Giant Exclusives, Spaceman is going to award me the remaining prize. He'll be back in touch once he knows what that item is.:bunnydanc:elefant:bunnydanc

Sticks: Once your wagon is finished you will own something very unique. I know you’ll love this wagon and that you’ll actually see the "TLC" that I put into it for you.

Currently, your resin wagon (and my wooden wagon) are sitting beside each other, in my dining room, still unfinished. I have not been very motivated to work on either of these, as you already know. Snickertown knew I lost my enthusiasm with the wagons due to the long hours I was spending on them and he donated a small fee to me for the countless hours involved in his wagon. It was greatly appreciated, and inspirational to me because I actually made a few bucks on his project when he offered to do that for me.

It certainly was not a requirement of him, but in his fairness, he understood that I had no way of predicting the number of hours vested into this cumbersome project for him.

When your wagon is completed, I would have earned notta, zip, and zilch for all my efforts. This is due to my inability to predict the number of hours involved in this project for you.

In the beginning, when we all first decided to take on this project, I was trying to be really fair with Snick and you. The expensive project supplies required from each of you concerned me so much that I didn't want any financial payment from either of you guys. I thought that keeping the molds was fair enough. I didn’t want to burden either of you further with payments of any kind.

I honestly thought that I'd be able to quickly make more resin ape wagons, and that I’d just sell them for my income instead of charging you guys. Boy was I stupid and wrong! I had absolutely no idea that this project would require so much of my personal time. I should have charged you by the hour and kept the molds! That would have been much wiser of me. If that were the case, I would have made something for all my efforts on your project.

I hope you can understand the reason for the delay. My apologies for the wait Adam, I made a bad business call in agreeing to make this at such a massive loss. You owe me nothing, I just need to dig deep, get motivated and get this out of my home for you.

Angel, you are right, I am sure to be impressed with what you have created. I have always been blown away by the TLC, and foresight you have devoted to your craft. Although I will not be able to show you my appreciation financially, I promise you that I will breathe a new life into your wonderful creation as soon as I get my dirty ape paws on it. I plan to immortalize your wagon in another POTA stop motion piece and hopefully make you the proud father I already know you to be.

Congrats to Jessica, and Angel for their winnings!!!!!

You go you Crazy Apes!!!

Bravo!! :banana

He needs six total black buttons: two on the front and two per sleeve.

Hi Jessica and Angel and anyone else interested. I know where you can find 1/6th scale buttons! Just go to https://www.battlegeartoys.com/ and look under Supply Room on the left. I have been dealing with Augie Romero for many years and he has some really nice 1/6th scale items. Later, Kent.:D

Hey KFog! Haven't actually met up with you in along time! What's been going on?

I have been helping with my Mothers situation. She has three more Chemo Treaments and six more radiation treatments. Then She will go in for Her operation in 4 to 6 weeks. I have put all my focus on trying to help her out. I have been selling off all of my Military figures to pay bills and to help her financially.

I have been helping with my Mothers situation. She has three more Chemo Treaments and six more radiation treatments. Then She will go in for Her operation in 4 to 6 weeks. I have put all my focus on trying to help her out. I have been selling off all of my Military figures to pay bills and to help her financially.

Those sure are some very heavy tribulations you're going through and carrying Kent. My heart goes out to you buddy. Dr. Zaius hasn't chimed in for some time now. I hope both he and his mother are doing better.

Those sure are some very heavy tribulations you're going through and carrying Kent. My heart goes out to you buddy. Dr. Zaius hasn't chimed in for some time now. I hope both he and his mother are doing better.

It really is very hard to concentrate on things when you do not know what is going to happen. I am fighting for the survival of My Mother and She is top priority of course. I do know that her blood tests have been coming back fine, which is a good sign.

Man, Am I looking at the real wagon from the movie or what! Super fantastic!:monkey5

KFOG - Thx! It still has a ways to go. I'll post some pix as we go.

ANG/STIX - The wagz is worth the wait. Everything that ANG went through with the wagon happened on my spaceship project, except, this guy wasn't supercool about it like ANG. My spaceship sculptor and I almost came to blows! Now the ship is being redone by somebody else.

ANG/JESS - Great job with the photos! You're keeping the apes alive.

You are keeping he apes alive as well Snickertown! Look at you go, go, go on all those projects!

Without all the cool people here, I know that I would just dry up like the fruit on a vine. Did that come out right?

I know that you still have much to do Snick and I certainly understand you wanting to mimic the colors of the wagon. It is my opinion that there is no black (except as a base coat) and that other colors should be dry brushed onto the black. Perhaps use some grays as well?

I'll try and get those pictures for you guys (Snick/Enaud/Snick/Sticks). I don't have any on file so I'll have to obtain the screen captures for you all.

ANG - My ape-ologies. I thought the pix were saved in a file. I didn't realize you had to grab them. The dvd method works just fine.

It could be the lighting but it appears to me that the wagon bars are mostly black with some brown. I'll go back and check it out tonight. If I screw this up I'll be the laughing stock of Central City.

Some things are left to interpretation Snick. Your color settings on your PC or your TV may be different than mine. Just go with what you'll be pleased with. I don’t believe for an instant that it has to be exact. It just has to capture the feeling of that world. You know all the basic colors. I like the 3rd photo you posted. It has all the different colors and dominant browns that looked very weathered. That’s what I’m going to shot for when the time comes.

Back