Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, I sewed down the lining of C's jacket. It makes his suit look great. I need to add pockets, add buttons and snaps (where do you get 1/6 scale buttons--do you make them yourself with clay??? or should I use glass seed beads?)

Then I need to work on his pants....and I can send the suit to Angel. Yay me!

Then while the project is still fresh in my mind, I'm going to bang out the same suit for Snick and me...I am running out of material due to trying to match the checks...but I have a pair of pants that I found at Goodwill that has the same check pattern, so we're good.

Last edited:
I just bought Zaius and Zira from Andy (Westbatman) last week. If the Cornelius deal falls through, Andy said I can claim Cornelius. I am slowly building up my apes.

These are aweful pictures... I know. Here's a pic of Zaius wearing Sinatras hat.

This is such a funny picture, Angel. You just need to put on glasses on him, set him under a 1/6 umbrella and photograph him on a director's chair.

Say...do they make those? 1/6 umbrellas?

ANG - I think we would be pushing Jess to the limit. I'll bring it up again after some of her projects get cleared up. BTW, dirtying up the humans and rags is a great way to go.

Second time is going to be the charm for the spaceship. The cardboard template shows the angles the ship needs to be. We are also extending it so we'll have 2 chairs shown. If this goes well the cryo chambers won't be far behind.

That spaceship is EXCITING! It's going to be fantastic.

Please show us photos of the wagon!! It's great to see works in progress...it makes me want to do more ape stuff!! :monkey5

Angel, I keep forgetting to ask...but how did you make that trumpet? It's so very cool and feels quite heavy. Is it really made out of metal?

The two suits you sent me (which I will be returning with C's complete suit maybe in two week's time--don't quote me on that) has two black buttons on the front, but I'm not sure if they match.

Holy smackers!! I just received that gorilla mask I ordered through the Mego Museum---it's bloody huge! (My toddler better grow up into a very big and tall guy). What a hoot. Can't hide this one...how do I sneak it into the house??? Just the mask alone is about more than a foot high. Was it made for real gorillas? Geez!

Snick did an awesome job, and he was also the first person to put the gorilla glyphs on the gorilla bandolier. I sent them to some of you guys who asked for them many months ago. Did anyone use them? I'm going to try that tonite. Something really simple!

I have them but have not put them on the bandolier yet. They look great though.

I am thinking that I will have to sneak the costume in the house when I am alone with the kids. Though it should be no surprise to anybody by now how crazy I am about Planet of the Apes.

I hate when my e-mail goes through a Hasslein Curve...I can't access it now and it's driving me nuts.

Angel, he looks WoNdErFuL!!!!! WOW!!

That reminds me that I still need to buy that sculpt...

How come his right eye doesn't look as closed as I remember? Did you re-work that when you painted him up??

Did you like that miniature rope I sent you awhile back? Would it work for a whip for your wagon scene?

Ironman/Kfog---if you missed the question earlier, I was wondering if they sold 1/6 scale umbrellas that open and close...

I just mounted my painted gorilla glyphs on the Hunt Leader.

I'm downloading some photos right now. Mine look good, but Snicks are much better. He's the glyph master!

Thx for the Glyph title! The sad truth is my gorilla glyph mold broke when I was making some casts for IM. I'll be making some molds soon and I'll remold it.

Snick, how did that happen? Not enough mold release put on?

Someday I need to try this, but I need to know what to avoid...

Snick, how did that happen? Not enough mold release put on?

Someday I need to try this, but I need to know what to avoid...

JESS - With silicone you don't need mold release because nothing sticks to it. This mold wasn't very sturdy to begin with and you need a bunch of glyphs for the Hunt Leader so there is a lot of wear and tear on it. It was age that killed that one.

Ironman/Kfog---if you missed the question earlier, I was wondering if they sold 1/6 scale umbrellas that open and close...

Hi Jessica. i am unaware of a 1/6th scale Umbrella! I wish I coulda helped you on that one. What is it to be used for?:confused:

Hey Jess! Try this ebay item out!
Dollhouse Miniature Ladies Umbrella Rain Boots Rainboot Item number: 350086855521

Back