Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IM--forgot to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (on getting the proper sized sculpt from Ada). It was a fight, but what a relief. She did the honest thing.

Ironman, if it's any consolation, it took three tries before I got my Mego-sized Taylor to look the way I wanted as far as skin tones. (Still have to fix his hair)...Paint is just paint. If you are unhappy with the results, peel it off and you can start over. Regarding drilling the neck...there is always Apoxie if you mess up.

IM--forgot to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (on getting the proper sized sculpt from Ada). It was a fight, but what a relief. She did the honest thing.

Ironman, if it's any consolation, it took three tries before I got my Mego-sized Taylor to look the way I wanted as far as skin tones. (Still have to fix his hair)...Paint is just paint. If you are unhappy with the results, peel it off and you can start over. Regarding drilling the neck...there is always Apoxie if you mess up.

I am most happy to have them now.
Paint is just paint. ok
peel it off and you can start over I'll need to develop patience for that.
there is always Apoxie if you mess up Apoxie? That's really not my strong suit, but....who knows?

How goes the Dr. Shrinker (Hey! Anyone rememeber that show?) and Dr. Enlarger projects? Is there actually hope to add the old Mego size sculpts to our 1:6 collections? I know they lack in areas but I, for one, would love to add the POTA apes and Burke/Virdon to my 1:6 community. Hell, if the cost isn't prohibitive, I'd like to add almost all of the Mego's (and LJN's) to my 1:6 sets. Think about it:!!

IM - I haven't heard from Dr. Shrinker this week but I did pick up the revised Burke (widened head) from my sculptor, Dr. Drinker. I think it will work. I've taken some pix and will post them tomorrow. To get a good indication if the head works you'll need to see it cast, painted and on the body, which, I'll do.

IM - I haven't heard from Dr. Shrinker this week but I did pick up the revised Burke (widened head) from my sculptor, Dr. Drinker. I think it will work. I've taken some pix and will post them tomorrow. To get a good indication if the head works you'll need to see it cast, painted and on the body, which, I'll do.

WHOOO HOO!!!
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Yes a new story should be done.

IM- I would love to read your script. In this type of stop motion short I like the action to speak the line. It's hard to hang on a CU of a character's face when they're giving their line. If we need to rework the script we must be able to be open about any and all changes. I would love to get this forum's^members into the credits. :joy

Would anyone want to see a Star Wars - APE Cross Over?
Taylor, Brent, and Cornelius taking out a few Storm Troopers?
Young Obi Won Kenobi filling in for Taylor at the Trial scene. :lol :horror
Darth Vader vs the Mutants :cool: :emperor

or take POTA to LOTR.

Oh no Mr. Frodo watch out!!! :banana
Sorry getting too far out there. :whip :wacky

Yes a new story should be done.

IM- I would love to read your script. In this type of stop motion short I like the action to speak the line. It's hard to hang on a CU of a character's face when they're giving their line. If we need to rework the script we must be able to be open about any and all changes. I would love to get this forum's^members into the credits. :joy

Would anyone want to see a Star Wars - APE Cross Over?
Taylor, Brent, and Cornelius taking out a few Storm Troopers?
Young Obi Won Kenobi filling in for Taylor at the Trial scene. :lol :horror
Darth Vader vs the Mutants :cool: :emperor
:whip :wacky

STiX/iM - How about: Vader and the Stormtroopers raid the Icaris. Vader or the explosion kills Stewart and then the Stormtroopers place her back in the sleep chamber. That kind-of sounds like a Robot Chicken idea.

STiX/iM - How about: Vader and the Stormtroopers raid the Icaris. Vader or the explosion kills Stewart and then the Stormtroopers place her back in the sleep chamber. That kind-of sounds like a Robot Chicken idea.

:lol:lol

My neighbor, Matt wrote a cool script for me, that I want to do one day which involves the Apes, classic Star Trek crew, Old Ben, Darth Maul, and a few extras as poor villagers. When I get back I need to re-read it.

Hey guys and gal...

All of a sudden there is a buzz on the Yahoo Apes Message Board about an Apes Prequel called "Planet of the Apes Genesis".

Anyone here heard anything?

Hey guys and gal...

All of a sudden there is a buzz on the Yahoo Apes Message Board about an Apes Prequel called "Planet of the Apes Genesis".

Anyone here heard anything?

I think it sounds promising, I forget the director's name, but it was the guy that wrote Minority Report, and wrote & directed The Lookout, which was a really good film. As long as he stays away from the Burton myth... which my guess is that it doesn't, I bet it centers on Thade's arrival on Earth & his takeover.... I hope not.

I think that's where everybody else is, Angel. How are your projects, Angel? Got any photos to share???

I better finish up C's pants this weekend for you!!

Last edited:
Back