Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, we all know you're not crazy Jess, everyone else is!

Those shoes look fantastic. I showed my father your suit pictures and he just saw these. He is very impressed with your work and thinks it's great that you enjoy all this. When I first saw those shoes I thought that they were 1:6 scale, and that Caesar was wearing them. LOL, they're your feet. Wow, Great job indeed. I applaud you. :D

JESS - To mirror the rest of the crew the Zira outfit/feet are outstanding. You should be working for apemania. I luv the 1:6 hanger you found. That is so close. The screen grab is great too.

ANG - Luv that Caesar statue. Has anybody else expressed interest in a copy? You know I'm in. Can't wait to see the 2nd half of the partition too.

You guys/Jess have all been so very busy! I feel like a slouch with nothing to show. My apoxie arrived so that is about to change.

I am obsessing about my shoes...Somebody had mentioned that nobody would be staring at my feet once I have the costume in full effect...but it would still be awesome if I could be outfitted perfectly...I can't wait until I get my appliances!! :banana

IMG_4321-1.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

Last edited:
Snick - You're so lucky! The only apoxie I have left is the PINK that you bought for me to replace all of the ORANGE that was used on your wagon. I have some white apoxie, but that's for STICKMANS wagon that he bought.

Burkes NEW hair is currently made of ORANGE apoxie, and now he’s getting PINK apoxie highlights! What a sight that is!

I really need to sell some more items so I can buy some more apoxie... and some resin. Unfortunately, no one really seems to have the $$$ for the items I want to sell, so I may be without both of these for a while.

Snick - What are you currently making with your fresh batch of apoxie?

I wonder if he looks like Cindi Lauper? :rolleyes:

I'll order you some Apoxie tomorrow, Angel. I don't have Denise to watch over my spending...

Snick - You're so lucky! The only apoxie I have left is the PINK that you bought for me to replace all of the ORANGE that was used on your wagon. I have some white apoxie, but that's for STICKMANS wagon that he bought.

Snick - What are you currently making with your fresh batch of apoxie?

ANG - Thx for that wonderful complement. I need the apoxie for the three chairs for the spaceship. The casts of the chair turned out okay but there is a ton of clean-up work. I hope to start it tonight.

JESS - Those shoes are excellent. I luv em.

BTW, I saw a comedian this wknd. His name is Dana Gould. He is a HUGE ape fan. He owns Roddy's actual house, Taylor's loincloth and a chimp background mask.

I'm not inspired by hearing about all the things that people want.

Guess I fall into this category. I admit it is extremely difficult for me to get things off the ground nowadays. With all the 1:1 problems and my wife having taken ill earlier in the year its tough to get going on certain projects when the $ might run out due to incoming bills. I know it may not be inspiring to everyone else, but thinking of all the things I've planned out, thru all the genres I have interest in, keeps me going.

*sigh*!!! I have to return the gorilla pullover mask to my friend in South Carolina...He wants to work on the gorilla mask. He sent me the mask so I could deconstruct and recreate a pattern for pullover hoods, and he said the pullover ski mask I sewed for him works perfectly.

Last edited:
Guess I fall into this category. I admit it is extremely difficult for me to get things off the ground nowadays. With all the 1:1 problems and my wife having taken ill earlier in the year its tough to get going on certain projects when the $ might run out due to incoming bills. I know it may not be inspiring to everyone else, but thinking of all the things I've planned out, thru all the genres I have interest in, keeps me going.

Don't worry, IM...I am just one busy monkey because Planet of the Apes is my first love, and you guys don't mind if I share my million projects. Everybody else in my nest could care less (except my four-year old, Ashton). They don't understand why I could spend so many hours creating this stuff...they don't see that it's really really fun for me and keeps me sane because work sucks and usually housework sucks...it's my only form of escape. Thanks to the denizens of Central City, this is my favorite hang out.

I understand that!

How did you figure all this out? Does he mention it in his stand up routine?

He blogged about it on his website. During his stand-up he said that he loved Check Heston but hated his gun policy. That made me wonder if there was an Apes connection. Check out Ranch House of the Apes.

https://www.danagould.com/blog.php

This could be the guy who paid $10K for Taylor's rags. He was an Excutive Producer for The Simpsons so it sounds like he has the money.

ANG - The partition is looking good.

Angel--that partition looks fab! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

I also think working with clay is much easier than Sculpey. There are some things you could do with clay that you couldn't do with Apoxie...which is why sometimes I work with sculpey because I could toast it and make it more permanent.

Are you referring to that comedian that SNICK saw?

Aw...shucks! I thought I saved a photo of that loincloth. I found my old e-mail but it's such an old sale that they no longer have the photograph of it.:monkey4

I'm going to see if I saved a photo of it on my computer at home. I hope so. I thought it was good reference material!!

Last edited:
Today was a nice Planet of the Apes day for me!! (isn't every day a Planet of the Apes day, anyway?) My red Thunderbolt horse came...a little beat up (paint rubs and some body marks that were melted plastic...like the saddle had some kind of chemical reaction with the horse because I can see where it used to sit...but no big deal. Nothing that a little Apoxie couldn't fix...but he's here!

Also, regarding the ANSA backpack for me...Apemania sells this empty at $1800. I thought that perhaps I could make my own by carving packaging foam that is large enough with the correct density...it's basically a box on top of a box with rounded corners....! A crafty solution to something no way in hell I would be able to purchase without selling my left kidney first...!

I found the picture of Taylor's loincloth!! Here it is in all its glory (shoes included!) Snick, that's a funny blog! I loved to read about the Planet of the Apes stuff...

I checked my e-mails...this did sell in early March of 2008, and he writes about it on March 3.

0462_1_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Angel-the partition wall looks pretty cool.You mentioned this being the 2nd?I obviously missed the 1st,how did it turn out?

Back