Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, we all know you're not crazy Jess, everyone else is!

Those shoes look fantastic. I showed my father your suit pictures and he just saw these. He is very impressed with your work and thinks it's great that you enjoy all this. When I first saw those shoes I thought that they were 1:6 scale, and that Caesar was wearing them. LOL, they're your feet. Wow, Great job indeed. I applaud you. :D

Too funny, Sticks! I have a lot of clothing in various shades of chimp green :D.

Kronet, I think Fabritac should be ok. You just need to seal that snip, to prevent future runs of the fabric. Fabritac should dry clear and a little pliable, and would be perfect I think. Crazy Glue would work too but it dries very stiff and I would avoid it for fabric.

Enaud, the wood you are using for the wall of the raft...is it a halfmoon?
yes-it's called bullnose trim...basicly a half circle molding that is commonly used for counter,table edges,etc. I've even seen it used for curtain applications of wall paneling.
I cut the pieces to make the top half of the octagonal shape & glued them to a 1" solid peice of wood.I then cut the solid piece flush with the appied top pieces & used the same cutter(used on the bullnose)on an overhead router to shape the inside & outside of the bottom half.So the bottom half is techincally one solid piece.It too has a notch cut in inside to allow the floor piece to be glued in place.

Last edited:
I know, yours is MDF. However, dowel rod, PVC, and other similar items would also work fine I’m sure.
Well,only the floor piece is MDF.And you are absolutly right,there are all kinds of stuff that could be used.I thought of several possabilities that would acheive the same end result.I just went with what I was the most familar with.

Any chances that we could get a little peek at the Caesar statue?

I got my hieroglyph from Goapebilly today! This is how it looks. I just need to paint a dark brown so that it would match the fake leather of my outfit:

IMG_4313-1.jpg

Also, I got your package today, Angel. I will work on it tonight and try to get it to you soon.

I really want to start the glueing process of my shoes. I'm going to have a late lunch and then I'm going to work on covering my shoes with fabric. I am so stoked about them, now that I have the perfect dark brown denim fabric to cover them with.

Kronet, I think Fabritac should be ok. You just need to seal that snip, to prevent future runs of the fabric. Fabritac should dry clear and a little pliable, and would be perfect I think. Crazy Glue would work too but it dries very stiff and I would avoid it for fabric.

Cool, thanks :)

Kfog, his nose is very different from Virdon's. I don't think he would look like him even with the correct hair.

Could this guy pass for Virdon if His hair is painted the correct color?:confused:

I don't see Ron Harper in there. Paint the hair grayish and it would make a decent Michael Caine Alfred from the Nolan version of Batman though.
I prefer the Benjamin Lauth but with a repaint I could use Laars:

:rock Dude-Your Caesar is looking awesome!I can't wait to see it once completed & all painted up. That was a great idea to utilize an actual figure as an armature.

I hated to waste a Sideshow ape body like that, but I figured why reinvent the wheel? Using an actual figure as the armature, I know the scaling is correct. :angelsmil

Look at what's being sold at the Container Store for $129!! Almost like the one from the market scene, but not as pretty...

BambooGarmentRack_x.jpg
4.jpg

Back