Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still unpainted, and it looks really beautiful. Makes a great background prop on my shelf...could almost make a diorama if there weren't so much crap on it!!

Enaud - I like the way the 1st one came out. I haven't painted it yet. That's because I want to paint all the Tribunal furniture at the same time so it looks exactly the same.

You can see the 1st partition in 3 of these pictures.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/album.php?albumid=26
I feel like an idiot...I've seen 2 of those pics before but never noticed it.:duh
I guess that I was paying too much attention to the things in the foreground.Looks good.

Matt just sent an updated photo of the ship. I'm luv'n it! Now if I can just finish those damn dirty chairs!:lol

This thing is going to be HUGE!!!!!!

JESS - That guy paid $10K for Heston's diaper? I luv apes but even I think that's a bit much. At least Roddy's house serves a function.

Matt just sent an updated photo of the ship. I'm luv'n it! Now if I can just finish those damn dirty chairs!:lol

JESS - That guy paid $10K for Heston's diaper? I luv apes but even I think that's a bit much. At least Roddy's house serves a function.

Wow Snickertown, that really does look great. I can't wait to see your Icarus in all its glory.

Angel, I'll be heading back to Seattle next month, is it possible to have the wagon completed by then?

Wow Snickertown, that really does look great. I can't wait to see your Icarus in all its glory.

Thx STiX. I wonder how hard it would be to make sleep chambers? I was looking at them and they seem pretty straight forward. If I end up with an xacto sticking out of my back I know Matt will feel differently.

Good luck going back to Seattle. UGH! Just in time for winter. The weather reminds me of Philly. I'm sure we'll chat before then.

Thx STiX. I wonder how hard it would be to make sleep chambers? I was looking at them and they seem pretty straight forward. If I end up with an xacto sticking out of my back I know Matt will feel differently.

Good luck going back to Seattle. UGH! Just in time for winter. The weather reminds me of Philly. I'm sure we'll chat before then.

I heard that they had a pretty crummy summer this year. I'm really glad that I came back east this year. This has been a summer to remember and the weather has been awesome for the most part. I loved all of the sunny days we had. I'll have to remember that when I'm back in the rainy city for a couple of months.

I thought it went for 10K...but the last e-mail I received from Evilbay said that the bidding had not ended and the current price was $14K, so it easily could have been $15K. Wish I kept a mental note of how much it actually sold for...perhaps $10K stood out in my mind because that's where the bidding started...but I kind of remembered bidding starting at $5K...

Oh well. No point remembering now. I can't even afford an $1800 backpack, so who am I kidding?

Last edited:
This is me in the gorilla mask I had to send back. The foam latex was the most unbelievably soft material ever--softer than a baby's butt! My friend is going to fix the imperfections, give the mask some minor surgery...add hair, and then sell.

Look how it totally dwarfs my face...I would look odd as a five foot gorilla. I better stick to being Zira.

IMG_4331.jpg

Last edited:
Just came from the Apemania website. Their prices are insane!
What used to cost $125 for a pair of gloves with hieroglyphs are now listed at $175.
The chimp/orangutan shoes deluxe used to be $350 but is now $950!!
The chimp garb (male or female) used to be $950 but is now at $1150...
Bleeding crazy prices! I would run out of kidneys before I am able to afford all the stuff I want over there. Geez!!

KFOG - Thx for the pix! That website you sent has been a godsend. From what Matt says nothing matches up. ANG's screengrabs are what's really bringing this project together.

JESS - Were you going to make a gorilla outfit at one point? I luv Apemania. I wish they had lower prices. I would buy one of everything if I could afford it. I think the backpack was $800 initially but I could be wrong about that. Also, thx for the WIP nod. Second time was the charm.

Stix - I luv rainy weather, especially, if my roof isn't leaking and I don't live near a creek (long story). WA seems like such a beautiful state. Someday you'll have to tell us how you ended up there. I'm thinking college and then never left.

Snick--I'm going to make myself a pair of gorilla pajamas!! YEAH!!

Angel--the gorilla mask was purchased from Apemania by my friend. He sent it to me so I could figure out how to make a pattern for the pullover hood, which I did. The hood comes in three pieces. Anybody could purchase these raw castings from Apemania, glue them onto a stretch fabric type of hood, sculpt teeth, paint, and add hair. It would save you $1,000!! And, there's no makeup time involved, really, unless you want to glue around the eyes to make it less mask-like.

The gorilla mask is actually made for a large male, which is why it's so big on me.

PZ--check out this thread for a clear shot of the orangutan hieroglyph for the gloves: https://forumoftheapes.yuku.com/topic/513

Snick/Angel--check out this thread for clear shots of Dr. Zaius' Armageddon outfit!!! It's the most bloody clear shots I have ever encountered!!
https://forumoftheapes.yuku.com/topic/511

Snick--check out this website for Icarus references...you may have already been there before: https://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/
https://forumoftheapes.yuku.com/topic/511

Last edited:
Snick, Goapebilly sent me a bunch of latex castings. I could not figure out where they go, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they may be for Dr. Zaius boots!! I will try to post photos of them tonight. They just don't fit on a bandolier because of the shape.

Snick, Goapebilly sent me a bunch of latex castings. I could not figure out where they go, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they may be for Dr. Zaius boots!! I will try to post photos of them tonight. They just don't fit on a bandolier because of the shape.

Thx for sending the glyph pix. They look great. That sure would have made life easier a while ago. Thankfully ANG hooked me up with some screen grabs. He bailed me out with the Icarus screengrabs too.

ANG - The ship isn't going to cost that much. I'm thinking $300-$400. We haven't set an official price. The $5K for the jail cell seems a bit pricey. One may argue about $4700 too much.

There is supposed to be an upcoming shebang over in the UK last week of November, first week of December--exact date still a moving target. I am thinking it will have to be in London, for Fox to promote the BluRay release on the 40th anniversary of the Planet of the Apes. I am supposed to visit my SIL around this time in Manchester. I just mentioned making a trip out to London during our stay...let's just say the news was not well received...but I really want to participate with all of my other buddies on that side of the pond...wish me luck, guys...This is going to be a tough battle. Still working on getting all of our passports in place...Hopefully by that time my makeup and costume will be complete. There is a 3-hour train ride from Manchester to London...that would give me some time to put my makeup on. I might have to fly over to save time. I don't know. It's going to be crazy for sure...

My husband is not planning to be there, but I will have all 3 kids in tow. Perhaps they can just hang out at my SIL's for the one or two nights I will be going ape...

Why does nobody in my clan understand? Does it look bad for a married woman to go to London by herself in full ape regalia so she can monkey around with her simian friends???????????

Last edited:
Back