Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally finished my Mego-sized Cornelius. :banana

I like the way the light falls on his face in this photograph.
Here he is looking almost directly at the camera!!

Jess - Cornelius looks perfect! Fixing the hair made all of the difference in the world with this figure. I luv it. You've retained that retro Mego appeal but added the high detail of a figure made from today. Rick Springfield looks great too. You'll need to find an in-scale guitar.

ENUAD - Luv the raft. It looks like it fell of the tv screen and into your house. BTW, the Heston face cast appears to be the same one you have seen on ebay. I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it. It's kind of a cool display.

KFOG - Virdon is looking real good. Great job.

Last edited:
Enaud, your raft is too cool. I love it. :chew

Jess, your sculpting job is great and your painted Cornelius is superb.:banana

Snick, I moved out to Seattle on a whim. Drove in a giant U when I left CT. Been there ever since. :D

Kfog, Very nice.

Yea, I would love to visit the state of Washington myself someday! Here is a picture of a good friends home. He lives there with his wife and kids. It is in Arlington!

I felt that Sideshow had missed a few key characters from the POTA franchise. I can understand the omission of the TV series, but Ape-o-nauts from the third movie would have been a must have. If either Brent or Taylor had come with a helmet, I would have kitbashed my own.

I felt that Sideshow had missed a few key characters from the POTA franchise. I can understand the omission of the TV series, but Ape-o-nauts from the third movie would have been a must have. If either Brent or Taylor had come with a helmet, I would have kitbashed my own.

:banana :banana :banana Welcome to Ape City, DerMann! :banana :banana :banana

Yea, I would love to visit the state of Washington myself someday! Here is a picture of a good friends home. He lives there with his wife and kids. It is in Arlington!

KFOG - The house is beautiful. It looks like it is in the middle of a forest. I luv it!

Welcome DerMann. Actually, MSotis made some spacesuits from Escape. The one thing with POTA is if it doesn't exist you might want to build it.

Our good friend Matt just sent an updated photo of the ship. Using a bit of primer and magic he turned the balsa wood into what looks like a hard plastic surface. In the original ship, we used balsa wood and then covered it with styrene. That was a mess.

Jess- Cornelius looks awesome. Also, I find it interesting you chose to make springfield pre mullet days.... I never knew he had hair like that until I saw the mystic magic cartoon add. Do you have the collection of the cartoons?

Hasslein, I have no clue regarding Springfield, but my girlfriend is going to make him into the magic cartoon guy...I think.

Snick--I LOVE WORKING WITH BALSA!! If you glue well, it's actually very sturdy. You should have seen the mid air collision my sailplane plane had. It was very well constructed and totally took down one airplane. The owner of the other plane was, let's just say, very pissed...while my wing had one tiny dent. And both planes were the same size!

Welcome, DerMann! Hasslein is right. If it doesn't exist, you have to scratch build or find somebody.

I would also love the Ape-O-Nauts, but I just can't afford that very expensive astronaut helmet. AngelofMusic2112 has those helmets/suits and his ape-o-nauts look awesome.

Where have you been, Littlesoldierboy? How's Julius and do you have updated pics?

Last edited:
Snick--I LOVE WORKING WITH BALSA!! If you glue well, it's actually very sturdy. You should have seen the mid air collision my sailplane plane had. It was very well constructed and totally took down one airplane. The owner of the other plane was, let's just say, very pissed...while my wing had one tiny dent. And both planes were the same size!

JESS - Were these the remote control airplanes or the ones you wind up with a rubber band? Both are very fun.

Snick--the kind with servos for the ailerons and rudders. They were sailplanes and we had to fly them over a cliff where the ocean breeze was forced into an uplift. We had an electric motor at one time, but I don't think I ever finished that one because I was trying too many fancy things that the plane was not designed to do. It was a v-shaped wing with a push motor, and I think I was trying to re-design it so that you could take the wing apart instead of one solid wing (for travelling purposes)...and making the plane super strong with carbon fiber and ready for air combat in case of another accidental mid-air collision....and then life just happened and the planes took a back seat.

Snick--the kind with servos for the ailerons and rudders. They were sailplanes and we had to fly them over a cliff where the ocean breeze was forced into an uplift. We had an electric motor at one time, but I don't think I ever finished that one because I was trying too many fancy things that the plane was not designed to do. It was a v-shaped wing with a push motor, and I think I was trying to re-design it so that you could take the wing apart instead of one solid wing (for travelling purposes)...and making the plane super strong with carbon fiber and ready for air combat in case of another accidental mid-air collision....and then life just happened and the planes took a back seat.

A collision of the magnatude must have been terrifying! Thank God your plane was okay. Those things cost a fortune. I've never flown them but hear it's a lot of fun.

Do you need the Astro helmets that ANG has? I have a bunch of them laying around.

Snick, if you don't mind the wait, I will definitely do that in exchange! I have been studying their space suits and I would like to make a screen-accurate one.

What a bummer kind of day I had. I took the kids to karate class. They were all excited. After class, I had to talk to the owner. They wouldn't give prices over the phone, and I knew that it was a marketing ploy. So...for the three kids to take karate it would cost $400 per month. :monkey4 The kids will just have to keep doing their flexing and splits at home until such a time that we could find a class that fits our budget and time! That's a lot of chimpchange!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Last edited:
Snick, if you don't mind the wait, I will definitely do that in exchange! I have been studying their space suits and I would like to make a screen-accurate one.

What a bummer kind of day I had. I took the kids to karate class. They were all excited. After class, I had to talk to the owner. They wouldn't give prices over the phone, and I knew that it was a marketing ploy. So...for the three kids to take karate it would cost $400 per month. :monkey4 The kids will just have to keep doing their flexing and splits at home until such a time that we could find a class that fits our budget and time! That's a lot of chimpchange!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

There is no rush for the spacesuits. I actually have 3 suits that Matt made that are great. If your suits turn out awesome I might be begging for 2 more. I can always put them in a closet in the spaceship. I just luv the Escape spacesuit. I even had a chance to bid on one. It was autographed by Sal Mineo. In the end, I opted against it and let Brian from Apemania know. They bought it for around $1200.

That's a shame about the Karate classes. You don't want to own a Dojo just have your kids work out there and maybe learn something in the process.

Back