Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! I would like some opinions on this headsculpt. Does it look like Virdon? Thanks, Kent.:gun

Kfog, I believe with some minor adjustments, like a cleft chin and hair modifications, he looks like him.

So I guess that He is doable then? I think that it looks good enough. I would not know how to do a cleft chin though!

Kfog, I would sand off that chin (and you may find a hole there...) cover it with Apoxie, let it dry...and then rebuild with a cleft by adding more Apoxie. Be as brave as Angel! Come on, you know you want to try it!!

Enaud--yes, I think it's a POTA astronaut head, but it's a repro from Doc Mego. I don't know...HardyGirl got me the bits to work with. Her sculpey bend and flex experiment didn't go so well, so now I have to re-do the other astronaut head with Apoxie. Goody for me...I have fun sculpting hair.

It sucks to be poor. I can't wait until payday, tomorrow!! Yay...

Last edited:
Enaud--don't you think that the MM is totally dead of ape projects? I wish there was more ape action there. Too bad I'm kind of slow with my customizing. Otherwise I would bombard them.

Many restless and sleepless nights on my end. Guess I have so much to do and so little time. I keep thinking of projects when I should be catching sleep. The Halloween deadline is looming upon me...and I haven't started yet. I brought work home to enter lab data (lots of numbers)...I'm bloody sick of it!! Only two more pages to go...may I can finish in half an hour.

I am dying to add a ball neck end to my Cornelius that I just finished painting, for better poseability so I can make him look up and down instead of just sideways. I want to photograph him writing something or looking through a manila folder.

Hi Snick! Yes, I would! I do not have the cash to pursue that at this time though. :monkey2

Damn. That sounds like a lot of work. Maybe you could just buy one when you get a chance.

JESS - Keep us posted with your Cornelius pix. It's a shame that the only way you can customise them is to sculpt and sew the outfits yourself. They are much smaller to display. Too bad they can't sit so well. It was one of the reasons I didn't pursue having the space ship built in that scale. Plus, you would need a Mego Taylor which I don't have the energy to make.

Being poor does suck. Money can buy happiness.

Snick, there's this guy who sells bodies 8" tall that has at least 25 points of articulation. The only thing is the bodies are super muscular. I'm thinking about purchasing one and sanding off all the muscles...but I'm not sure if the bodies are hollow or not. I need to ask him...or just think about making my own. I'm not good enough yet to design one, but someday I may just do that for myself.

It's good to dream big.

Last edited:
So the guy that has the highly articulated bodies does not sell body parts individually. He only sells complete customs.

So the guy that has the highly articulated bodies does not sell body parts individually. He only sells complete customs.

That's a shame. With a little sanding we could of had a highly articulated doll. I can't imagine a doll would cost a lot to make. Dr. Mego said it cost him like $10,000 for him to produce his doll but he had a factory in China. I'm thinking you could make one for under $20.

An art supply store opened across the street from my gf. They sell resin and generic SideShow figures. I'm telling ya we have to move to the city.

I should have sent PZ some cash so he could purchase this highly articulated bug doll they were selling at SDCC. Wasn't really sure how I could replace the head, though so I didn't take a chance. I'll just make my own someday. I need to do research about ball joints.

My Zira apemania appliances came in. She's beautiful. I ordered it raw but it looks painted. Can't wait to get home and photograph it. Dying to put it on my face...

Don't see Ron Harper, but do see S.W.A.T.'s Steve Forrest. Where did that head originate?

Hi IM! I sent you, Angel, Jess, Snickertown, and Stickman the info on where to purchase this head on a PM! Later, Kent.:banana

Last edited:
Back