Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Zira apemania appliances came in. She's beautiful. I ordered it raw but it looks painted. Can't wait to get home and photograph it. Dying to put it on my face...

Would that be considered an "Ape"pliance?:rotfl

My Zira apemania appliances came in. She's beautiful. I ordered it raw but it looks painted. Can't wait to get home and photograph it. Dying to put it on my face...

Did you get an ear appliance from Apemania? Wasn't one of the local boys sculpting you the face appliance?

I feel like people I email the ship pix to. They say: "Wasn't this almost finished?"

Thx for the details Kfog.

Enaud--don't you think that the MM is totally dead of ape projects? I wish there was more ape action there. Too bad I'm kind of slow with my customizing. Otherwise I would bombard them.
Yep....other than your Corny & the dida playset idea....it's pretty dry.I need to get some stuff finished myself.

Did you get an ear appliance from Apemania? Wasn't one of the local boys sculpting you the face appliance?

I feel like people I email the ship pix to. They say: "Wasn't this almost finished?"

Thx for the details Kfog.

My friend Greg Kelly sent me a pair of ears that he had laying around. I had a $300 deposit to burn at Apemania...so I purchased two appliances and they added two sets of teeth. By the time s/h was added, my deposit was gone.

My neighbors are still planning to make me some personalized Zira appliances (this October or November). I figured I could make a deluxe Zira pullover myself since I may not always have the six hours to apply the makeup for whenever!

This is the beautiful Apemania appliance that I ordered. I love it. Why didn't I do this sooner?
IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

This is the appliance on me before trimming. It fits so nicely! I was afraid it would be too big, but it's not. Once everything is glued down in place including a new hairline, it will look better. Also, not sure what I'm going to do with my real hair...I will either cut it 8 inches shorter or just stuff it under the wig.

IMG_4427-1.jpg

This is the appliance on me before trimming. It fits so nicely! I was afraid it would be too big, but it's not. Once everything is glued down in place including a new hairline, it will look better. Also, not sure what I'm going to do with my real hair...I will either cut it 8 inches shorter or just stuff it under the wig.

That looks incredible! That is worth the cash. Thx for clearing up what your special effects guys are making. I'd hate to see you cut your hair so maybe a wig is an option. On the other hand, your hair is perfect for Zira.

Make sure you forward your photo on to Brian P and Apemania. It would be great if they posted it on their website.

Very cool link, Ironman. How are your sculpts coming along...have you started painting them yet? By the time you get to painting your 100th sculpt, people will be commissioning you to paint theirs...and you'll have to tell them "get in line!" :D

IMG_4427-1.jpg
THAT IS ^^^^^ING AWESOME!!!It looks better than I had ever imagined!:bananaCongradulations Jess

I'm sure I could stuff everything under a wig cap. That's what I did when I dressed up as Uhura.

The colors on the appliance get washed out with a flash. It doesn't look as pasty as that, and I also have to cut out around the eyes more but I was afraid to. I need to look for my really sharp tiny shears, which I can't find at the moment. Plus, I can't make the pullover mask without the aide of mannequin's head, so the pullover will have to wait. I'm just way too excited about it.

I'm sure I could stuff everything under a wig cap. That's what I did when I dressed up as Uhura.

The colors on the appliance get washed out with a flash. It doesn't look as pasty as that, and I also have to cut out around the eyes more but I was afraid to. I need to look for my really sharp tiny shears, which I can't find at the moment. Plus, I can't make the pullover mask without the aide of mannequin's head, so the pullover will have to wait. I'm just way too excited about it.

Wigs can be pretty cheap these days. If you are apprenshive about cutting, as I would be, maybe you should have your make-up artist friends take care of that?

Back