Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of body is this and how do I remove the head without damaging it, like the one next to El Presidente?

Zira007.jpg

Zira008.jpg

The Prez is currently on an In The Past Toys figure. Honestly, it would have been best to remove the head first. As that is too late, you can try heating the base of the head with a blow dryer. I don't know if that will effect what you used to make him simian or not. The ITPT heads were quite hard to remove when I got me original sets. Good luck!!
Let me know if that doesn't work and I can try and talk you thru an alternate method I sometimes use.

Yes, Ironman...I second that! I destroyed the neck area of the bearded fellow trying to pop it off. Actually, I did pop it off in one piece (without breakage)...but then I couldn't figure out how to put it back on...which is why I went in there and chopped it up with a screwdriver, to see what the hell it was about.

I'll experiment with trying to get a mold done without removing the head from the body. I have an idea cranking in my brain but have to wait until I get home to test my theory.

Yes, Ironman...I second that! I destroyed the neck area of the bearded fellow trying to pop it off. Actually, I did pop it off in one piece (without breakage)...but then I couldn't figure out how to put it back on...which is why I went in there and chopped it up with a screwdriver, to see what the hell it was about.

I'll experiment with trying to get a mold done without removing the head from the body. I have an idea cranking in my brain but have to wait until I get home to test my theory.

The bearded fellow is a 21st Century Toys Ultimate Soldier. A bit different on the body design and their heads must have been extremely soft when put on in the factory. They are so hard and tight around the neck stud it's almost impossible to remove without breakage.

If you ever need any gorilla heads as "freebies" from me, I'll hook you up. Just let me know. I'm still in awe on C&Z’s clothing that you made for me. I stare at them every day. They are my all time faves! I'm still appreciating them!!!

That's what it's all about for me! If I made them for myself, only I would appreciate them, nobody else. That's how it goes in my household. :monkey2

For El Presidente's face, because I did not have any tools handy, I used end of the hook of a dangling earring...just lightly brushed over the muzzle to get the lines in, and for his lips, I gently used the rounded part of the hook to get that dent in place. For his hair, I used an interdental toothpick I got at Walgreen's: https://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/?...4499&utm_campaign=googlebase&site=google_base

If you look at it closely, it looks like a miniature steak knife without the serrated edges. I will try to post a photo of a closeup of it tonight so you see what I mean. I'll send you a bunch in the mail.

Last edited:
OK...I'm sending positive energy out so the makeup crew will get in touch with me. I need to get my ape on in such a very bad way! :banana:banana:bananaThe Channel of the Apes has really seriously made me want to get my ape on.

I checked my chimp boots out...the glue held. They look GREAT! They feel comfortable and light.

I can't even put on the Zira Apemania appliance I had because I left it with the makeup crew...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2...I am just so dying to get under the goo!!

Last edited:
I don't think it'll pass as McDonald, but then again it's really up to you. I have an unused naked figure just like this one because I used all his clothing for a human Conquest trainer.

Which McDonald do you want screenshots of? Conquest or Battle?

Conquest. I still see a resemblance...but then I'm not sure until I see a screenshot. I'm not so great at remembering human faces.

So, the Channel of the Apes weekend is but a memory. It would have been so great if Sideshow had come out with a three set of ape-o-nauts to coincide with it for the 40th anniversary instead of the oversized Zaius (sorry orangutan fans!)
Does this mean we'll never see another POTA 12" from them?
Will no one from Sideshow ever show up here again?
Dusty? You still out there?

I completed the extended shirt for Snick for his Dr. Zaius!! FOUR more items to go for Snick. Slowly ticking them off my list. I really love how it came out. This was the first shirt that I sewed with a Nehru collar! I used the same dark brown fabric that I was going to use for Taylor's blanket that Jungle said was too dark. I will try to take photos of it as a log of stuff I have done before I send it out.

I wish I had more time in the day! It's quite late and I better hustle to sleep or it will be really difficult to drag myself to the saltmines tomorrow. How I wish I could work some more on Dr. Maximus.

Oh...I'm no longer happy with my Mego El Presidente and I am going to try to resculpt him.

Couple of pics (not mine) of Apes on the tube in London for the 40th Anni. I didn't go, in fact I forgot all about it :duh

23049050qd2.jpg

29142503aj8.jpg

Jessica, I just got the swatches. Thank you SOOO Much!!

Great material! I gotta run... Thank you.. Thank you :)

Back